Skip to main content
Topic: Good day at the track (Read 2765 times) previous topic - next topic

Good day at the track

Went to Hobbs, NM for some test hits on the bird.

First run, knocked out a 10.17@131. New best with no bottle in the car.

Second run, accidently turned the top bulb off while transitioning from foot brake to transbrake which turned on the red. I sat there for another couple of seconds and then realized the clock had started so I finally took off. Ran a 12.60@131, lol!

3rd run, said eff it lets put the bottle in. Retarded max timing from 17 to 15 as I wasn't sure what the car would do. I hit the spray (50 shot) about 20-30 feet out so it wouldn't blow the tires off. Didn't feel any faster going down track and sure enough, 10.16@132...hmmmmm.

4th run, put the 2 degrees back in it and ran again (with the nitrous)..9.85@136! I guess it liked the timing, lol.

5th run, added 1 more degree for a total of 18 and tried again. Car spun more this time but still managed a 9.98@135.

6th run, made no changes and tried again. Still spun too much but still ran 9.93@135.

I really need to utilize the 2 stage boost control feature on my EBC as the tires can't seem to handle more than about a 18psi boost launch. Sweet spot seems to be between 15-18psi.

All in all, had a great time.
TC#1- 2.5T- 10.14@134....9.76@138 with a 50shot
TC#2- Turbo BBF project
TC#3- parts car

Good day at the track

Reply #2
Sweet!

Good day at the track

Reply #3
Dam just when I thought I might have the fastest Tbird here this year YOU show up! lol
Brian R.
88 2.3t Ranger
83 TC  gt40p motor,Vortech,TFS1 cam,long tubes,MS PnP,T5,8.8,17x9 Cobra 17s

Good day at the track

Reply #4
Quote from: deathbypsi;460059
Dam just when I thought I might have the fastest Tbird here this year YOU show up! lol

Not even close! It is 1 mean TC and I think it's most likely the fastest 4 here, but far from the fastest! I love this 2-3 making some serious steam!

Good day at the track

Reply #5
Just waiting to see some timeslips for this year then. I haven't seen much drag strip action on here last year.
Brian R.
88 2.3t Ranger

Good day at the track

Reply #6
Quote from: deathbypsi;460179
Just waiting to see some timeslips for this year then. I haven't seen much drag strip action on here last year.

We have not had much Drag Strip action in quite a while on here. You missed the heyday, 2003-2006, this was the place to be. We had a top 10 list of Cougars, T-Birds and Lincoln Mk VII's that were some serious players in the world. There was a twin turbo 357W XR7 out of Philpot KY that ran in the 9's full street trim in 2006. That was ridiculous then......now it's common place.

Tom, TurboCoupe 5.0 was a big player and he and I were spraying the 5.0's. I was quite a bit younger and stupid (more willing to spray the crank out of the car) but we were running in the 10's with a real deal daily primary driver. Let's get something going!

Good day at the track

Reply #7
Hoping to have mine at the track within a week
Brian R.
88 2.3t Ranger

Good day at the track

Reply #8
Quote from: deathbypsi;460257
Hoping to have mine at the track within a week

Maybe this Saturday for me. 1/8th mile heads up event!