Skip to main content
Topic: Who has guns? (Read 25010 times) previous topic - next topic

Who has guns?

Reply #15
THats exactly what you need to do.

Take them out while they're still little and teach them how to properly and safely use a gun. I remember when I was just 11/12 I got my first air rifle and I still to this day remember things I learned when I was learning how to aim it and what NOT to do with it, ....like point it downrange when someones there, loaded or unloaded. Things like that will stick in they're heads, and if you take them out often and let them use them, they'll be far less pr0ne to try to sneak about and do stupid things they don't otherwise know any better not to.
--Steve
[thread=28690]1988 Cougar V6[/thread]
2012 F-150 3.7L
2011 Mustang 3.7L

Who has guns?

Reply #16
I have a Glock 9 mil. It's for safety. Other than that,I'm not interested in them. That's money I could spend on the car,which I can enjoy a lot more often,anywhere there's a road.
'88 Sport--T-5,MGW shifter,Trick Flow R intake,Ed Curtis cam,Trick Flow heads,Scorpion rockers,75mm Accufab t-body,3G,mini starter,Taurus fan,BBK long tube headers,O/R H-Pipe, Flowamaster Super 44's, deep and deeper Cobra R wheels, Mass Air and 24's,8.8 with 3.73's,140 mph speedo,Mach 1 chin spoiler,SN-95 springs,CHE control arms,aluminum drive shaft and a lot more..

Who has guns?

Reply #17
Quote from: vinnietbird;348362
I have a Glock 9 mil. It's for safety. Other than that,I'm not interested in them. That's money I could spend on the car,which I can enjoy a lot more often,anywhere there's a road.

I'm with you on this. I'm not big into guns, and don't have one yet, but within a month I will be getting a .380, for protection in case something were to ever happen, it's not a very big pistol, but enough to keep someone off if need be, hopefully I will never have to use it.  I will also be going through the concealed carry class. because of my work we travel a lot, and sometimes don't stay in the best of 'hoods. My aluminum baseball bat that I keep under the bed will be retiring....lol
FOXLESS!!

1994 Lincoln Mark VIII

Who has guns?

Reply #18
I'd recommend something a bit bigger than a .380....I've shot one, felt like a trumped up bb gun...
'84 Mustang
'98 Explorer 5.0
'03 Focus, dropped a valve seat. yay. freakin' split port engines...
'06 Explorer EB 4.6

Who has guns?

Reply #19
I picked up these babies last week!

Who has guns?

Reply #20

Who has guns?

Reply #21
Quote from: Dave D;348370

YYYEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

nerfs awesome. I want to get those nerf mideival weapons and get my friends together so we can whack on each other with foam swords and axes:rollin:
--Steve
2012 F-150 3.7L
2011 Mustang 3.7L

Who has guns?

Reply #22
Quote from: ThunderbirdSport302;348369
I'd recommend something a bit bigger than a .380....I've shot one, felt like a trumped up bb gun...

I've shot a .380 before (just about every one of my co-workers are heavily into firearms - it was kinda cool to shoot a .50 cal Desert Eagle though) it would be just enough to stop or scare somebody if need be.
FOXLESS!!

1994 Lincoln Mark VIII

Who has guns?

Reply #23
Quote from: ThunderbirdSport302;348369

Are you sure you've shot and handled one? Most .380 Auto's are tough to shoot because with a few exceptions they are very small and concealable and having a short sight radius that makes things tough on the shooter.  Compounded with that is the small amount of recoiling mass, and narrow frame widths, to absorb the inertia and your left with a gun that is not comfortable to shoot for long periods of time.

Additionally, .380 Auto bullets (aka 9mm Kurz) is the exact same size as a 9mm bullet with 2mm less case length.  The loads Ive seen tested for both overlap, granted at the lower end of the penetration spectrum but none the less they overlap.  If your using it for protection and using a typical self defense load in a 380 you will more than covered in the "is the hammer big enough?" department.  As with everything else, it doesn't matter if you have a .22 short or a 454 casull if you dont practice with what your going to carry/stake your life on then its not something you can truly depend on.

Who has guns?

Reply #24
Yup. It was pretty hard to keep on target too. That's was why I said it was a poor choice, also among the reasons you mentioned.
But if one was to put a thousand practice rounds through it, I suppose it'd be fine for a personal safety tool.

Personally, I'd want something with a little more knock 'em down and keep 'em down power though. It's all in what you're comfortable with, what your hand fits to, and what works the best for your intended purpose. :-)
'84 Mustang
'98 Explorer 5.0
'03 Focus, dropped a valve seat. yay. freakin' split port engines...
'06 Explorer EB 4.6

Who has guns?

Reply #25
Quote from: ThunderbirdSport302;348418
Personally, I'd want something with a little more knock 'em down and keep 'em down power though. It's all in what you're comfortable with, what your hand fits to, and what works the best for your intended purpose. :-)
Thats great but of course the problem there then becomes the bigger it is the harder to conceal it becomes. I would love to get a Glock 19 or something right at that size/cal to carry as a concealed. Its small enough to easily hide but still big enough to control, and shoots a big enough round to stop somebody pretty quick.
--Steve
2012 F-150 3.7L
2011 Mustang 3.7L

Who has guns?

Reply #26
Consider a Kahr PM-9 if your looking for a larger caliber, concealable model

Who has guns?

Reply #27
LMAO... my grandson got a nerf sword for Christmas (he's 18 months old), he loves it, and we taught him he can't sword fight with anyone unarmed....
However, my boys never had nerf swords, they had/have real ones, and have done a lot of sparring out in the yard..... they've never had toy guns either... I raised them to understand what a gun can do and it's purpose. Also have always taught them how to handle guns properly and they were never allowed to touch one till they knew (and practiced all the rules for them).
When I was growing up, my dad had guns in every corner of the house, ammo was kept in the gun cabinet. I was raised to never touch them, and so were my nieces and nephews. When we were old enough, we were taught how to handle them properly and have a healthy respect for them.  I was also taught how to load my own shells and bullets which I loved doing.  My dad did a lot of bluing and made a lot of ammo when I was growing up (he even ruined my mom's stove top doing lead balls for one of his guns one time...man my mom was pissed! lol)

For me, it's a natural thing to have guns and raise my kids to know how to use them and handle them. The same goes for their swords and knives. 
As for calling them weapons, yeah they are weapons... depending on how you need to use them. However, pretty much anything can be used as a weapon when its necessary.
:cougarsmily:~Karen~

Who has guns?

Reply #28
Guns are evil, bad, dangerous, scary, horrible things.:hick:
:america: 1988 Thunderbird Sport, Former 4.6 DOHC T56 conversion project.

Rest of the country, Welcome to Massachusettes. Enjoy your stay.

Halfbreed... Mango Orange Y2K Mustang GT
FRPP complete 2000 Cobra engine swap, T56 n' junk...
~John~

Who has guns?

Reply #29
Quote from: shame302;349192
Guns are evil, bad, dangerous, scary, horrible things.:hick:

No sir............... that would be human beings :evilgrin:
Fox-less at the moment