Skip to main content
Topic: Post up pics of your wheels.... (Read 195446 times) previous topic - next topic

Post up pics of your wheels....

Hey Folks,

It's time for some new wheels.  But I am pulling my hair out trying to decide what wheels I like/look good.  Since the car already has a 5-lug conversion, I am thinking about the following:

- 96 to 98 GT OEM snowflakes (5 spoke "split")
- 98 OEM Cobras or FRPP Cobra R's
- OEM Bullitts

I am also not sure what wheel color/finish I prefer (satin/silver, chrome, powdercoated grey/black, etc).  Pic of the car is below, Current plans are to strip her bare and repaint the original Scarlot Red (paint code 2D) or go with a clearcoated medium-dark red.

Anyways, post up your pics before I go bald!!  :pbb:  Thanks!  :banana:

Brian B.
'05 Dodge RAM SLT Hemi - daily driver
'03 Chevy Suburban Z-71 - wife's daily, tow rig
'04 Honda Interceptor (VFR800) - hooligan toy
'88 Ford Thunderbird Sport - Project "Chicken"

"Pain heals, chicks dig scars, glory...lasts forever."
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------
"I'm a precision instrument with speed and aerodynamics!"
"Ya hurt yur whuuut?"

Reply #1
Tribars
2005 Subaru WRX STi|daily driver

Reply #2
I would stay away from the basic Mustang look.  Mustangs don't even look good with them lol
1988- 3.8- T-bird- sold 2005 Grand Prix, GTP- COMP.G MODS: Inferno Hood, GXP spoiler, Liquid Metal Wheels,K&N Intake,LED taillights,LED reverse lights, LED interior lights, 180*,605s, Pacesetters :burnout:

Reply #3
I've had a few different ones on my car:
These are the factory "speical" Fila wheels. 14" White 8 holes

And then my 15" American Racing AR-790's

And now my 15" 10 holes

Reply #4

1998(?) mustang gt 17s.
:cougarsmily:5.0 HO, E303 cam, Exploder/Cobra intake, smog pump delete, Ford Taurus electric fan, MAF conversion, BBK headers, MAC 2.5" off-road exhaust w/x-pipe, AOD w/shift kit, 8.8 Trac-Loc rear w/disc brakes, 5-lug conversion w/'98 Mustang GT 17" wheels, Mach 1 springs:cougarsmily:

Reply #5
shiznit, just realised that he wanted 5 lug not 4.

Reply #6
As far as 5 lug wheels go...in the last few years I've found myself partial to '99 Cobra wheels and '03-04 Cobra wheels, I guess because they're a fairly simple design, cheap, and not everyone runs them (unlike cobra R's). Would like to run one of those two someday if I ever get my car converted to 5-lug.

Garrett H.
'94 F250 XLT- 4x4, 5 speed, 7.3 IDI Turbo Diesel, 4" intake, 4" exhaust, 5" turnout stacks, manual hubs, etc.
'87 Thunderbird Turbo Coupe
Engine, wheels, tires, etc!
Exhaust sound clip
Another clip

Reply #7
Quote from: Red_LX;122350
As far as 5 lug wheels go...in the last few years I've found myself partial to '99 Cobra wheels and '03-04 Cobra wheels, I guess because they're a fairly simple design, cheap, and not everyone runs them (unlike cobra R's). Would like to run one of those two someday if I ever get my car converted to 5-lug.

o3's come in 4 lug now.
1986 Cougar LS

Reply #8
Quote from: 84 Fila;122308
These are the factory "speical" Fila wheels. 14" White 8 holes

I don't think there is anything special about 8 holes.
I've got a set off of an '88 Sport.

Reply #9
Here's part of my personal stash of pics.

Split Spoke 5s

94-95 Cobras

Cobra Rs

Black Cobra Rs

2000 Cobra Rs

2003 Cobras

2005 Subaru WRX STi|daily driver

Reply #10
konig villians
gumby - beauty may fade, but stupid is forever!

Reply #11
This is what I'm planning for the Cat when I do the 5-lug/brake conversion:

Reply #12
WOW!!!  Thanks for all of the pics.  It was exactly what I needed to help me visualize the wheels.

So, I am down to two: the satin Cobra R's and the snowflakes.  It'll probably come down to price, but I think I like the snowflakes better.  This TC looks KILLER:

I am thinking about contacting a couple of engraving or custom wheel shops about replacing the pony in the center cap with a TBird emblem.  We'll see how it goes and/or how much it costs.

Thanks again, guys, for all of the pics!  Your cars look AWESOME!  :)
Brian B.
'05 Dodge RAM SLT Hemi - daily driver
'03 Chevy Suburban Z-71 - wife's daily, tow rig
'04 Honda Interceptor (VFR800) - hooligan toy
'88 Ford Thunderbird Sport - Project "Chicken"

"Pain heals, chicks dig scars, glory...lasts forever."
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------
"I'm a precision instrument with speed and aerodynamics!"
"Ya hurt yur whuuut?"

Reply #13
Quote from: bcbickers;122474
WOW!!!  Thanks for all of the pics.  It was exactly what I needed to help me visualize the wheels.

So, I am down to two: the satin Cobra R's and the snowflakes.  It'll probably come down to price, but I think I like the snowflakes better.  This TC looks KILLER:

I am thinking about contacting a couple of engraving or custom wheel shops about replacing the pony in the center cap with a TBird emblem.  We'll see how it goes and/or how much it costs.

Thanks again, guys, for all of the pics!  Your cars look AWESOME!  :)

i could beat off to this pic...:idhitit:
:cougarsmily:5.0 HO, E303 cam, Exploder/Cobra intake, smog pump delete, Ford Taurus electric fan, MAF conversion, BBK headers, MAC 2.5" off-road exhaust w/x-pipe, AOD w/shift kit, 8.8 Trac-Loc rear w/disc brakes, 5-lug conversion w/'98 Mustang GT 17" wheels, Mach 1 springs:cougarsmily:

Reply #14
Quote from: cougar86_89;122358
o3's come in 4 lug now.

Yeah but how much are those ones vs. the 5 lug ones?

As far as four lug wheels go, I've noticed how cheap you can get '93 Cobra wheels for with a polished lip and center cap and black "spokes." Those would look pretty sweet.

I'm also partial to gunmetal/anthracite cobra r's also but I dunno why :dunno: These things are shagy-http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/17-Gunmetal-Mustang-Cobra-R-Wheels-rims-machined-lip_W0QQitemZ290067536490QQihZ019QQcategoryZ43957QQrdZ1QQcmdZViewItem

Garrett H.
'94 F250 XLT- 4x4, 5 speed, 7.3 IDI Turbo Diesel, 4" intake, 4" exhaust, 5" turnout stacks, manual hubs, etc.
'87 Thunderbird Turbo Coupe
Engine, wheels, tires, etc!
Exhaust sound clip
Another clip