Skip to main content
Topic: Starting fresh (Read 22668 times) previous topic - next topic

Re: Starting fresh

Reply #225

I would, but the paint on the bumper was so badly cracked I would have shown through and looked even worse.

The passenger side door trunk lid and nose are all from the same car and had been painted multiple times. It was so thick that the chips I had I could get under with a razor blade and just chip chunks of it away. The door was the biggest PITA I went over it with several ro-loc discs on a drill just to get through the paint. It was every bit of a business card thick.

I'm getting closer though. All that's left that requires a boatload of sanding is the trunklid. Then it's bomb time.

Reply #226
She's in primer now. Just gotta do a little more sanding and it will be time for some color

Reply #227
Wow!  Just the primer job makes a world of difference.  The single color really allows you to see all of the body lines and shape.

83 351W TKO'd T-Bird on the bottle

93 331 Mustang Coupe - 368 rwhp

Reply #228
What color are you going with for now? Another member on here used rattle can paint a few years back. I don’t remember who but after wet sanding , it actually turned out good.I think it was a anniversary Cougar but I could be wrong. Anyway can’t wait to see it in one color. Car has come a long way.
87 Tbird LX w/Factory floor shifter:D   3G upgrade. Tinted Windows...85 Mustang GT steering wheel(non-cruise) 17'' Saleen SC style wheels,Front/Rear TC sway bars/poly bushings & Mustang GT steering rack...'05 Mustang V6 springs...93 Cobra MC & booster, MM adjustable C/C plates,  Work  In  Progress.......  ( On The Shelf---HO computer, 19lb injectors, HO cam, BBK headers, Explorer Intake, Cold Air Intake ,Phantom Gauges, Stinger stainless exhaust pipes )
 S O L D

Reply #229
I'll be going black for now. I wanted to try out those rustoleum turbo cans lol.

I hope it turns out as nice as the door jams did. Theyre pretty nice looking.

I always wanted a black bird, but this is just a temporary tide me over until I'm done doing big mods on it. I'm going to hunt for a new front bumper, and passenger side door eventually but what I have now is solid-ish.

If I scratch the paint doing something stupid its not going to ruin my day.

Reply #230
It's all in one color finally! It looks like a bag of turds, but I didn't expect a show paint job from a rattle can. Had some issues with the primer that are gonna cause me to have to do some more work. But that's a less then $100 paint job for ya.

Reply #231
It's shiny-ish and all one color, so nice improvement.
88 Thunderbird LX: 306, Edelbrock Performer heads, Comp 266HR cam, Edelbrock Performer RPM intake, bunch of other stuff.

Reply #232
Full disclosure. The picture makes it look a whole bunch better than it really does. But it looks  good for a knocker can paint job.

Reply #233
Ready for the next Cars n Coffee !
87 Tbird LX w/Factory floor shifter:D   3G upgrade. Tinted Windows...85 Mustang GT steering wheel(non-cruise) 17'' Saleen SC style wheels,Front/Rear TC sway bars/poly bushings & Mustang GT steering rack...'05 Mustang V6 springs...93 Cobra MC & booster, MM adjustable C/C plates,  Work  In  Progress.......  ( On The Shelf---HO computer, 19lb injectors, HO cam, BBK headers, Explorer Intake, Cold Air Intake ,Phantom Gauges, Stinger stainless exhaust pipes )
 S O L D

Reply #235
Looks good for rattle can! 

1988 Thunderbird TC, 5spd
Stinger 3" single exhaust, Cone Filter, Adjustable Cam Pulley, Schneider roller cam, Walbro 255 lph, AEM Wideband O2
'93 Mustang Cobra replica wheels on 235/50R17

'21 F150 Powerboost
'17 Husqvarna TX300

Reply #236
Massive improvement!  Go beat on that mofookie now!

83 351W TKO'd T-Bird on the bottle

93 331 Mustang Coupe - 368 rwhp

Reply #237
Cars and coffee this morning, I got there pretty early but there were over 100 cars out there today. It was crazy.

Reply #238
Pretty chilly out today but made it out to the ole cars and coffee. I'm so  excited for this season of car shows

Reply #239
No updates to speak of I've just been getting out to every car show I can make it to

My work will be shut down the week of the 4th so that gives me a chance to get down to the track in Muncie and see what she does. I need to buy a set of tires so I can go down on a Friday night TnT. I haven't done any of those due to them requiring slicks or drag radials, but Wednesday's are open to street tires.