Skip to main content
Topic: 87-88 Thunderbird headliner (Read 3396 times) previous topic - next topic

Re: 87-88 Thunderbird headliner

Reply #15
Have you tried posting a wanted ad in Craig's List?  What about calling local auto recyclers?  By local I mean down around Peotone, Kankakee, or Joliet.  I put a pipeline in the ground in that area a few years ago and thought I saw a couple salvage yards but then again might have been one of the farmers personal collections.  I say that jokingly but my uncle was a farmer and as a young kid I thought he also had a salvage yard business.

83 351W TKO'd T-Bird on the bottle

93 331 Mustang Coupe - 368 rwhp

Reply #16
I've looked around the state and NW Indiana but these cars are thin on the ground up here, with salt/rust and all. Hence why I've been searching for a bit.
88 Thunderbird LX: 306, Edelbrock Performer heads, Comp 266HR cam, Edelbrock Performer RPM intake, bunch of other stuff.

Reply #17
I've got a parts car right now. Once I get to the point of taking it apart, I may see how it does just trying to roll it up. If it worked, then it wouldn't be so difficult to ship. Or, you could just drive down here to Virginny and pick it up. :)

Reply #18
The headliner board is stiff. If your try and roll the board it will just crack and flake apart.

I'll be in Atlanta next weekend. You think Southwest will allow me to put a headliner in the overhead bin?
88 Thunderbird LX: 306, Edelbrock Performer heads, Comp 266HR cam, Edelbrock Performer RPM intake, bunch of other stuff.

Reply #19
So what exactly prevents an '87/'88 headliner from fitting in an '83/'86?  The rooflines didn't change that much, did they?  I can see the overall length of the '87/'88 being a little longer, but it seems like you could trim that to fit.  Just curious.  Thanks.

Reply #20
Not surprisingly still looking  :toothless:

Reply #21
A month later. Still looking.....

Reply #22
Still looking for a headliner. In 2020. Going on a year and a half now.

Reply #23
Just hop in your car and drive down here to Virginia and get one. Easy peasey!

Reply #24
https://www.headlinermart.com/products-color-charts

Worth a call if you've been looking this long.....

Headliners 1920's to Present, All Makes & Models
Pre-Sewn Headliners from the 1920's to 1970's. All Pre-Sewn Headliners are ready to install.

Foam-Backed Cloth Headliners from the 1980's to present.

1970's Foam-Backed Perforated and Non-Perforated Vinyl Headliners.

Conversion Headliner Kits are available.

Ordering & Questions
Phone: (817)-562-2381
Email: goliners@aol.com
Feel free to give us a call anytime! We'll gladly answer any questions you have or take your order.

-- 05 Mustang GT-Whipplecharged !!
--87 5.0 Trick Flow Heads & Intake - Custom Cam - Many other goodies...3100Lbs...Low12's!

Reply #25
Just hop in your car and drive down here to Virginia and get one. Easy peasey!

I'll get right on that  :grinno:

Too bad there wasn't a way to ship the thing without it costing $200.

Reply #26
https://www.headlinermart.com/products-color-charts

Worth a call if you've been looking this long.....

Headliners 1920's to Present, All Makes & Models
Pre-Sewn Headliners from the 1920's to 1970's. All Pre-Sewn Headliners are ready to install.

Foam-Backed Cloth Headliners from the 1980's to present.

1970's Foam-Backed Perforated and Non-Perforated Vinyl Headliners.

Conversion Headliner Kits are available.

Ordering & Questions
Phone: (817)-562-2381
Email: goliners@aol.com
Feel free to give us a call anytime! We'll gladly answer any questions you have or take your order.

I bet they just have the material, not the backing board. I really want the backing board. I have a project I want to try and I don't want to screw up my headliner board if it doesn't work.