Skip to main content
Topic: When is spring going to get here? (Read 1916 times) previous topic - next topic

When is spring going to get here?

I want to take the "toys" out of the box again. All the roads are covered in salt right now :barf:. Yes the "boring" part of winter is upon us. No holidays, just cold and snowy/icy. Blah.
88 Thunderbird LX: 306, Edelbrock Performer heads, Comp 266HR cam, Edelbrock Performer RPM intake, bunch of other stuff.

Reply #1
I want to move out yander but yea the wether can suck

Reply #2

Not effing soon enough. That is all.

With that said...I remember a 76 degree day here about 3 weeks ago. Two nights later, we had snow. Welcome to Missouri.
A year ago, we had a tornado, just a few miles from where I am.
2 years ago, we had a blizzard, worst I have ever seen in person.

In fact, just the other day, we were under a tornado watch for most of the day.

It's all Al's (Gore) fault! :rollin::evilgrin:
'84 Mustang
'98 Explorer 5.0
'03 Focus, dropped a valve seat. yay. freakin' split port engines...
'06 Explorer EB 4.6

Reply #3
Not a fan of the cold myself, but the winters are pretty mild here, and it rarely ever snows. I def wouldn't be working on my cars right now if I didn't have a climate controlled garage to work in, same during the incredible heat of the summer. They never salt the roads around here, so I get to drive my nice cars all year round, thankfully. Obviously also the main reason why old vehicles last so long, and stay in such rust-free condition here.

Reply #4
I dunno but I'm ready...

We've had a few days here and there that was in the '60s & 70s, next thing you know it's below freezing or 35* and raining...

Reply #5
High today in San Antonio was 72.  Been in the mid to upper 70s all week.  I washed my XR7 after work this afternoon.  Got sick of shoveling snow after a career of "Northern Tier" assignments in the Air Force (Alaska, Montana, North Dakota, Nebraska) and decided to settle here.  Love the weather and threw away the snow shovels and ice sers!

Reply #6
We've had snow pretty much every day this week. They dump salt around here even when we get a half inch. Today we got a mix of freezing rain, rain, sleet, and finally snow with a high of 33*. Miserable weather.

I know this will sound odd but I only like the 12"+ dumping snow storms. They just look cool as they happen. The little 2" or so everyday snow storms are just depressing. I kinda wish the 20"+ bomb that's going to hit Boston/New England was going to hit Chicago. Then I'd get some time off work. I got two days off with pay when we git a 22" storm here on Ground Hog's day in 2011.
88 Thunderbird LX: 306, Edelbrock Performer heads, Comp 266HR cam, Edelbrock Performer RPM intake, bunch of other stuff.

Reply #7
40 days.
1988 Thunderbird Sport

Reply #8
Yeah we apprently got about 8 inches yesterday where I am south of Milwaukee.  Still have not fired the sled up, no time to ride.  Thats the depressing part for me, still havent ridden my snow toys.
84 TC - under contruction
2018 F150 2.7 4x4 STX
98 F-150 XLT - 4.6, auto, 4x4, extended cab

Reply #9
Amen! I am ready for spring and some warmer weather.
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
86 T-Bird V6 C5
91 F-150 5.0L 5spd
93 Mustang LX 351C C4
2013 Honda CRV AWD

Reply #10
Well down here to some of you guys would be spring time all year around, lol.  But ready for it myself!!!

Reply #11
The Thunderbird needs a new power steering return hose. It's easy to replace but I haven't done it yet. The last few weeks have been py and I don't feel like going outside to work on the car. I'll get the feeling that I want to fix the hose and then I'll look outside and decide that it looks too py to head out to the garage. Maybe when spring finally gets here I'll fix it. I need some warm weather to get me outside to fix the  thing before spring :hick:.

Reply #12
I know the feeling.  I have a leaking diff cover and have to replace my upper control arm bushings but just can't get motivated to lay on a freezing cold concrete floor and work on the car.  When spring hits I'll be more motivated, problem is that my job really picks up in the spring and I put in a lot more hours.
'88 'bird, 10.9:1 306 w/TFS top end, forged rods/pistons, T-5 swap & bunch of other stuff, 1-family owned, had it since ‘98, 5.0tbrd88 on Instagram and YouTube

Reply #13
Yeah I know what you mean. The garage heater warms the air but not the concrete floor. I don't mind working on something under the hood with the heater on. I know I'm going to be laying on the floor to replace the power steering return line. Laying on cold concrete for any length of time sucks. It'll have to wait till it's warmer outside.