Skip to main content
Topic: Mass air computer... (Read 1301 times) previous topic - next topic

Mass air computer...

So all you engine gurus, which mass air computer offers the best performance?

5.0 w/ GT40P heads and intake 24# inj. TFS stage 1 cam 75mm mass air meter and throttle body and an AOD w/2600 stall. Thanks.
95 Ranger Splash 2.3
88 Tbird Sport :ies::ies:
5.0 SO, stainless shorty headers, w/ Magnaflow lers. KYB struts, KYB shocks. 5lug conversion from sn95 Mustang, subframe connectors, drilled and slotted rotors, 03 Mach 1 wheels. sequential taillights.140 speedo

Mass air computer...

Reply #1
The A9L computer, when I got mine I had to buy a reman, was unable to find the (A9L) at that time.
Quote from: cougarman;389803
So all you engine gurus, which mass air computer offers the best performance?

5.0 w/ GT40P heads and intake 24# inj. TFS stage 1 cam 75mm mass air meter and throttle body and an AOD w/2600 stall. Thanks.
Donnie
10 Second NA TBird
Fredericksburg Va

Mass air computer...

Reply #2
Yup. Oreilly's and Autozone can get 'em, if they don't have 'em in stock.

There's a core, but you can send back any EEC...I prefer to use EECs from 3.8 cars lol
'84 Mustang
'98 Explorer 5.0
'03 Focus, dropped a valve seat. yay. freakin' split port engines...
'06 Explorer EB 4.6

Mass air computer...

Reply #3
So the A9L, even though I'm running an AOD?
95 Ranger Splash 2.3
5.0 SO, stainless shorty headers, w/ Magnaflow lers. KYB struts, KYB shocks. 5lug conversion from sn95 Mustang, subframe connectors, drilled and slotted rotors, 03 Mach 1 wheels. sequential taillights.140 speedo

Mass air computer...

Reply #4
A9p....
'84 Mustang
'98 Explorer 5.0
'03 Focus, dropped a valve seat. yay. freakin' split port engines...
'06 Explorer EB 4.6

Mass air computer...

Reply #5
Quote from: cougarman;389821
So the A9L, even though I'm running an AOD?

Yep, my 5.0 with TFS heads & cam has better drivability with the A9L vs A9P... I'v also ran a C3W1 which is the Ford Racing version of A9P, I couldn't tell any difference between the two, the "L" has better street manors than either... At the track, ET was same on all three...

Mass air computer...

Reply #6
Thanks, that's what I wanted to know. :D
95 Ranger Splash 2.3

Mass air computer...

Reply #7
I have an A9P in mine. I had it due to the AOD at the time. I was taught the following....The A9L was for 5 speeds, and the A9P was for automatics. The A9L didn't like Automatics that much, but the A9P would go both ways.

Now, that's what I was taught. I am still using the A9P and have no issues at all, and I also have the TFS-1 cam, and ported P heads and a 5 speed. I say whichever you can find that fits your budget the best, snag it..
'88 Sport--T-5,MGW shifter,Trick Flow R intake,Ed Curtis cam,Trick Flow heads,Scorpion rockers,75mm Accufab t-body,3G,mini starter,Taurus fan,BBK long tube headers,O/R H-Pipe, Flowamaster Super 44's, deep and deeper Cobra R wheels, Mass Air and 24's,8.8 with 3.73's,140 mph speedo,Mach 1 chin spoiler,SN-95 springs,CHE control arms,aluminum drive shaft and a lot more..

Mass air computer...

Reply #8
I got an L.... it's been running and idling real good for me so far.
I'm working on the 24s myself. still need a meter though
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
***** Project "EVOLUTION" 1987 Cougar LS  & 1985 Cougar Convertible *****
[/COLOR]
5.0 HO 306 roller block, machined GT-40P heads, Wiseco dished forged pistons, Eagle forged floating I-beam connecting rods, Lunati pushrods, ARP bolts, Scorpion aluminum 1.6 rockers, Comp Cams Magnum 266HR, Explorer intake, 65mm TB, MAF Conversion, 19# injectors, Ford Racing stainless P-headers, 2-1/2" cat-less exhaust w/ Flowtech Afterburner lers , SC AOD with 2800 BDR torque converter, 3.73 T-Lok rear, CHE rear control arms, full 2-1/2" frame w/1" jacking rails & seat supports, Rear disk brakes, Turbine wheels, All original interior w/ floor shift upgrade .......
Pretty much every panel on my 87 is new, rebuilt, or re constructed. :D
Join us on Facebook

Mass air computer...

Reply #9
I have an A9s in the 86. Car runs better with that over the a9p :giggle: Go figure