Skip to main content
Topic: 84-92 Keyless entry upgrade (Plug and Play) (Read 1640 times) previous topic - next topic

84-92 Keyless entry upgrade (Plug and Play)

A friend of mine has been selling this module for some time now. I have one on my 88 TC and 87 LX for almost a year. I thought I would see if any one had interest in them. If so I can get them from him and sell them here. Please check out the link. Thanks

http://www.sccoa.com/forums/showthread.php?t=125018&highlight=keyless+entry+upgrade

Reply #2
Yea my door code changed when I put it in but I was able to program the old code back in. Every thing still works like it should. Auto lock, lock doors, unlock driver door, unlock all doors, and pop the trunk. But now I can lock the doors, unlock drivers, unlock all doors and pop the trunk with a remote now. It was easy to install too. Unplug the old one and plug this on in where the old one was. It was that simple.

Reply #3
I was unaware of the ability to change the code, or is that a new ability gained with the new module?

Reply #4
As far as I know you could always add a new code to the module. I still keeps the factory code though.

Reply #5
In addition to the factory code that is "embedded" on the module, you can add an additional personal code. One added, both codes are active.

To create your own personal entry code:
[LIST=1]
  • Enter the factory code
  • Within five seconds press the 1/2 button
  • Enter your personal 5-digit code
  • Wait five seconds without pressing a button to allow the system to store the additional code

A few other things you with the keypad:

After entering the entry code, within five seconds, press the 3/4 button to unlock the passenger door.
If you press the 5/6 button after entering the entry code, it will open the trunk.
If you press the 7/8 & 9/0 buttons simultaneously, it will lock both doors.
1985 Mercury Cougar XR-7 - 5-speed 
One of 1,246 built

Reply #6
Quote from: jonwayne1988;394449
A friend of mine has been selling this module for some time now. I have one on my 88 TC and 87 LX for almost a year. I thought I would see if any one had interest in them. If so I can get them from him and sell them here. Please check out the link. Thanks

http://www.sccoa.com/forums/showthread.php?t=125018&highlight=keyless+entry+upgrade

I realize this is an ancient thread.  Does anyone still offer these plug and play set ups?
'88 Bird 5.0, TW 170s, HO cam, Scorpion rockers, Explorer intake 70mm TB/EGR, MAF conversion, 24# injectors, 8.8 3.73 disc rear end swap, console swap, leather seats, 11" front discs, 15-1 rack, TC springs all around, x-pipe, BBK headers,  welded sub-frame, unlocked digital speedo.

Reply #7
This is interesting!
Save a horse, ride a Cougrrr!
1988 Mercury Cougar - 5.0HO, 3G, AOD w/shift kit, 4.10 gears in 8.8, Mass Air, CAI, Pypes X-pipe, Pypes 2 1/2" exhaust, Pypes Violator lers
1997 Ford Mustang GT - stock
2000 Ford Ranger 4X4 4.0 - stock
2001 Mercury Grand Marquis- stock
2008 Ford Escape 4X4 - stock

Reply #8
Back in '02 I added a system from '98 Taurus to my '88 that did not have keyless... Never added a keypad as I was interested in the remote function but all the remote functions operate... Made all connections at the rear of glove box as the horn, trunk and power lock wiring are all fairly easy to access...

BTW don't ask for additional details, was 15 years ago and I can't remember what I had for breakfast...