1988 Thunderbird sport
2004 Ford F150 Lariat
2008  Chevrolet Cobalt Sport
2007 Suzuki DR-Z400S dual sport/Supermoto
1988 Thunderbird LX - sold
1988 Mercury Cougar XR-7 with GST kit - gone

Who has guns?

Reply #122
last month Calif passed some very restrictive laws that in my opinion if not for a states sovereignty,, it violates the 2nd amendment.

dont be caught with a gun and be under 25, or been to a doctor how commented in your file that you were given meds that may restrict your senses ect.

Who has guns?

Reply #123
Quote from: jcassity;468140
last month Calif passed some very restrictive laws that in my opinion if not for a states sovereignty,, it violates the 2nd amendment.

dont be caught with a gun and be under 25, or been to a doctor how commented in your file that you were given meds that may restrict your senses ect.

I don't know; Malibu seems to have warmed up to the 2nd lately (as well as generally warming up).

Who has guns?

Reply #124
How so, TheFoe? Did they pass a bill that's not on the SJW side regarding guns or something?

Who has guns?

Reply #126
Quote from: ThunderbirdSport302;468133
Oooohhh...dat's purty!

Those FDE mags don't run 300BLK for shiznit, though.  After a couple hundred more rounds of 147gr, I've zeroed in on PMAGs as the best for me, though now I see they make a 300BLK specific PMAG.  I need to make more money.  Lots more.

Who has guns?

Reply #127
Foe, have you seen/heard about the PPQ SF?

(cliff's notes: full steel frame PPQ, uses the M2 mags, and still has that sweet, sweet trigger)

There's two versions of it, the "Standard" that comes with 3 15 round mags and no magwell funnel, and the "Pro" which comes with three 15+2 mags and the magwell funnel. Both versions have the plates to mount optics, same as the Q5 Match (polymer frame)..

about 1500 bucks for the Pro, standard is a couple bills less. One of the guys in my FB PPQ group nabbed a standard for 1200 bucks OTD at his LGS. Lucky son of a bitch, lol.

Wife says I can get one, if I sell my Mustang and break even on the cost of the gun... :-/
'84 Mustang
'98 Explorer 5.0
'03 Focus, dropped a valve seat. yay. freakin' split port engines...
'06 Explorer EB 4.6

Who has guns?

Reply #128
I'm familiar with it.  I had some time with a polymer Q5, so the SF seems like it would be even more awesome.  I don't want one, but awesome.  Sounds like the wife is putting you to some hard choices, could be worth it, though.  If you get one, you should post about it.

Who has guns?

Reply #129
Yeh, thing is, it's a race gun...I don't compete, and shag knows I wouldn't carry it, due to the cost and weight...but it would be fun to plink with it. There's a pic of one hard chromed that was a one-off for SHOT Show...gorgeous, and that's saying something...as I generally detest flashy guns. But flashy guns attract eyes and interested eyes are often connected to the hand that writes a check for new guns... lol
'84 Mustang
'98 Explorer 5.0
'06 Explorer EB 4.6

Re: Who has guns?

Reply #131
Holy shiznit..just popped on the board and this is one of the threads that popped up with new posts..

Yeah, I've added to the arsenal a little. I'll throw some pics on later, getting ready to be taken out for dinner by the girlfriend.

Speakin' of THAT....not sure if this is the thread for it, so I'll mention it later.. :toothless:

Currently have a PPQ Classic or (M1) in both 9mm and .40, and those are both 2011 builds which was the first year of production.
Also have a PPQ M2 Navy (that's bounced in and out of my hands a couple of times), and a PPQsc. Bonus...I can use the15 round Navy mags in the Qsc.

Also have a Walther CCP
In addition to a P99cAS in 9mm, and a P99cQA in .40

No new long guns yet. The Mossberg shotty still holds down the homefront with slugs inside, and a light on the outside.

Knives everywhere. Carry knife is a Kershaw. It'll do it all. And has done most of it, already.

Stay safe! :smile:
'84 Mustang
'98 Explorer 5.0
'06 Explorer EB 4.6

Reply #132
I only have a S7W 9mm pistol. It's all I need. Family and home protection.
'88 Sport--T-5,MGW shifter,Trick Flow R intake,Ed Curtis cam,Trick Flow heads,Scorpion rockers,75mm Accufab t-body,3G,mini starter,Taurus fan,BBK long tube headers,O/R H-Pipe, Flowamaster Super 44's, deep and deeper Cobra R wheels, Mass Air and 24's,8.8 with 3.73's,140 mph speedo,Mach 1 chin spoiler,SN-95 springs,CHE control arms,aluminum drive shaft and a lot more..

Reply #133
Nothing is enough for home protection. And ed sure not just one pistol.

In today's shaged up, dog eat dog mentality, alarm system, a dog or two, and a pistol with a light and a long gun close by but secured from children is the minimum.

Even then, if one isn't familiar with firearms presentation in the dark with a shot of adrenaline dulling down even the most basic of motor skills, you're already on the defensive and having to react rather than act.
'84 Mustang
'98 Explorer 5.0
'06 Explorer EB 4.6

Reply #134
Finished up a pretty cool PCC build for the wife. 10" 9mm AR pistol.  Took a bit to work out some feeding issues, but now it's reliable.  Even eats my reloads, though I can't find small pistol primers right now. I've started developing a PCC specific load using small rifle primers in the mean time.
Also added a 10.5" 300BLK build. 
Next we're getting a P320 for the wife; I prefer Walther, but the Sig is the only pistol she can hit the wide face of a standard dairy barn with.  I joke, but she can shoot the wings off a mosquito with that AR.

Edit: Sig didn't happen. Unemployment happened instead.