Skip to main content
Topic: '87 Thunderbird *Keeping for now* (Read 847 times) previous topic - next topic

'87 Thunderbird *Keeping for now*

I'm gonna keep the car for a little while and fix a few things on it, there were more things wrong with it that I didnt know. I started to replace the oil pan and just kept finding things that need fixed.

So mods you can delete this or do whatever with it, I'm gonna keep it for now. I might put it up for sale later once some things are fixed or I might keep it, I dunno.
85 Tbird 5.0
78 F150 351w
13 F150 4x4 3.5 Ecoboost

Reply #1
Got some pics. IGNORE the windshield in the first pic it has been replaced with a new one(have the reciept if ya want it). All the wheels on it are like the back ones now. I may sell the chrome ones with the car if someone is interested.

Again the car runs and drives great just needs some lovin.

The pics above are from May of '08 and the car has been tagged, passed emmisions, and been driven daily up until last month when I pulled the Cougar out. In April the car had 104k and currently it has 115k or so on it, only thing it needed during that time was a t-stat.
85 Tbird 5.0
78 F150 351w
13 F150 4x4 3.5 Ecoboost

Reply #2
I'd probably just one this if it were closer. For some reason everyone thinks these cars are worth more then mustangs lately, around here anyways. Good luck.
Quote from: jcassity
I honestly dont think you could exceed the cost of a new car buy installing new *stock* parts everywhere in your coug our tbird. Its just plain impossible. You could revamp the entire drivetrain/engine/suspenstion and still come out ahead.
Hooligans! 
1988 Crown Vic wagon. 120K California car. Wifes grocery getter. (junked)
1987 Ford Thunderbird LX. 5.0. s.o., sn-95 t-5 and an f-150 clutch. Driven daily and going strong.
1986 cougar.
lilsammywasapunkrocker@yahoo.com

Reply #3
Looks to be in pretty good shape other than being multicolored.

Reply #4
nice tc front end !!

Reply #5
Pending local sale. This may not go through but since I've known this guy for years I'll give him the benefit of the doubt, plus I know he needs a car. Everything else is still for sale though, like the wheels and the '84 HO.
85 Tbird 5.0
78 F150 351w
13 F150 4x4 3.5 Ecoboost

Reply #6
Quote from: Haystack;262657
I'd probably just one this if it were closer. For some reason everyone thinks these cars are worth more then mustangs lately, around here anyways. Good luck.

come to texas idiots are trying to sell mustang rollers for 2-3k.

Reply #8
Will do. Hopefully I can get it up on a lift today or tomarrow and get some good pics. The local deal pretty much fell through BTW.
85 Tbird 5.0
78 F150 351w
13 F150 4x4 3.5 Ecoboost

Reply #9
Got a local buyer, should be gone this weekend if all goes well.

EDIT - NVM what I said above. The car decided it doesnt want to be sold. I took it to the gas station since it hasnt been drivin for a while and went inside to get some mountain dew and came out and had a decent sized puddle of oil under the car. Checked the oil and drove it home. I put the car up on jackstands and found out the oil pan is rusting out rather badly. Of course its not just the usual little quarter sized drip its about 10" in diameter. That much oil that quick aint good. The worst part is the guy is coming over tonight to drive the car. Winter took a major toll on this car. My dumbness on just giving it one light oil spray, should've followed up with a second one after the first soaked in some.
85 Tbird 5.0
78 F150 351w
13 F150 4x4 3.5 Ecoboost

Reply #10
Well the guy didnt want it, I gonna keep it for now get some things fixed and maybe try again some other time or just keep it so I got something to put my 302 in.

Mods read the first post.
85 Tbird 5.0
78 F150 351w
13 F150 4x4 3.5 Ecoboost