Skip to main content
Topic: Winter Pictures (Read 1684 times) previous topic - next topic

Winter Pictures

Winter is just around the corner, I thought id share some pictures that I took last year of the bird in the Snow and ice. I think there kind of cool. Anyways Enjoy!

feel free to post up some pictures of your winter Birds, or Cougars!
:birdsmily:

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
2.5" Cat Back Exhaust, CenterForce Stage 2 Dual Friction Clutch, B&M Ripper Shifter, T3/T4 Turbonetics 63 A/R Turbo, Rods Stainless Tubular Ceramic Coated Header, Boost Controller @ 15Psi, Kirban AFPR, 42lb Injectors, 190LPH Walbro Fuel pump, Ranger Roller Cam, 3" Aluminum Intake Tubing, K&N Cone,  KYB Struts, Koni Red Horizontals/Verticals, Eibach Sportline Springs, Racer Walsh C/C Plates, Polyurethane Bushings, 17x9 Cobra R Wheels

Winter Pictures

Reply #1
last one

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
2.5" Cat Back Exhaust, CenterForce Stage 2 Dual Friction Clutch, B&M Ripper Shifter, T3/T4 Turbonetics 63 A/R Turbo, Rods Stainless Tubular Ceramic Coated Header, Boost Controller @ 15Psi, Kirban AFPR, 42lb Injectors, 190LPH Walbro Fuel pump, Ranger Roller Cam, 3" Aluminum Intake Tubing, K&N Cone,  KYB Struts, Koni Red Horizontals/Verticals, Eibach Sportline Springs, Racer Walsh C/C Plates, Polyurethane Bushings, 17x9 Cobra R Wheels

Winter Pictures

Reply #2
Here's what happens when you park your T-Bird on the southwest side of the house during a Nor'easter:

The northeast winds blow all the snow off the roof and onto the southwest side. That's a 16-ft extension ladder sticking out of the snow, leaning against a 6-foot fence, for reference. The black thing next to the car is a snowblower.

And this wasn't our worst storm. The worst one, luckily, blew most of the snow away from the car (but 39" or 95cm of snow fell in 24 hours, driven by 120km/hr winds). The car still got buried, mind you, but not as bad as it could have been:

Before:

24 hours later:

When I started the car the engine sounded funny: Really, really quiet. I opened the hood and found this (the engine had been running for a few minutes, so I imagine some melted away before I saw this:

2015 Mustang GT Premium - 5.0, 6-speed, Guard Green - too much awesome for one car

1988 5.0 Thunderbird :birdsmily: SOLD SEPT 11 2010: TC front clip/hood ♣ Body & paint completed Oct 2007 ♣ 3.55 TC rear end and front brakes ♣ TC interior ♣ CHE rear control arms (adjustable lowers) ♣ 2001 Bullitt springs ♣ Energy suspension poly busings ♣ Kenne Brown subframe connectors ♣ CWE engine mounts ♣ Thundercat sequential turn signals ♣ Explorer overhead console (temp/compass display) ♣ 2.25" off-road dual exhaust ♣ T-5 transmission swap completed Jan 2009 ♣

Winter Pictures

Reply #3
You won't see my car in that stuff, Unless the roof blows off the garage.
Old Grey Cat to this.88 Cat, 5.0 HO, CW mounts, mass air, CI custom cam, afr165's, Tmoss worked cobra intake, BBK shorty's,off road h pipe, magnaflow ex. T-5,spec stage 2 clutch, 8.8 373 TC trac loc, che ajustables with bullits on the rear. 11" brakes up front. +

Winter Pictures

Reply #4
I'm glad i don't have to drive my car in that  anymore either.  I remember coming back from college one Christmas break and we got 12" of snow the day I drove home.  It usually took 2 hrs on the nose, but that particular trip took 4 1/2 grueling hours.  It got to the point where the only other vehicles on the road were emergency vehicles, snow plows, and 4x4's.  It was all I could do to get up some of the hills we have around here.  Yeah there was a pucker factor on that trip...
'88 'bird, 10.9:1 306 w/TFS top end, forged rods/pistons, T-5 swap & bunch of other stuff, 1-family owned, had it since ‘98, 5.0tbrd88 on Instagram and YouTube

Winter Pictures

Reply #5
WOW, I cant believe how all that snow ended up in your engine bay!

That's enough snow for 3 years worth here in Vancouver BC.

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Winter Pictures

Reply #6
and i thought th political threads were depressing.....
:america: 1988 Thunderbird Sport, Former 4.6 DOHC T56 conversion project.

Rest of the country, Welcome to Massachusettes. Enjoy your stay.

Halfbreed... Mango Orange Y2K Mustang GT
FRPP complete 2000 Cobra engine swap, T56 n' junk...
~John~

Winter Pictures

Reply #7
Quote from: Kitz Kat;242689
You won't see my car in that stuff, Unless the roof blows off the garage.

Ditto !!
Never drive faster than your guardian angel can fly.
:birdsmily: :birdsmily: :birdsmily::birdsmily: 
  [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
:birdsmily: :birdsmily: :birdsmily::birdsmily:
1983 base model,1969 302 (originally a v6),upraded c5,currently 30,441 original miles.

Winter Pictures

Reply #8
Your yard alone has more snow on it than we had around here all year.There are times I love Oklahoma.....except the 110 degree,100% humidty summers......But I have learned to live with it.I really feel sorry for you guys up there.
'88 Sport--T-5,MGW shifter,Trick Flow R intake,Ed Curtis cam,Trick Flow heads,Scorpion rockers,75mm Accufab t-body,3G,mini starter,Taurus fan,BBK long tube headers,O/R H-Pipe, Flowamaster Super 44's, deep and deeper Cobra R wheels, Mass Air and 24's,8.8 with 3.73's,140 mph speedo,Mach 1 chin spoiler,SN-95 springs,CHE control arms,aluminum drive shaft and a lot more..

Winter Pictures

Reply #9
Quote from: Thunder Chicken;242680
Here's what happens when you park your T-Bird on the southwest side of the house during a Nor'easter:

The northeast winds blow all the snow off the roof and onto the southwest side. That's a 16-ft extension ladder sticking out of the snow, leaning against a 6-foot fence, for reference. The black thing next to the car is a snowblower.

And this wasn't our worst storm. The worst one, luckily, blew most of the snow away from the car (but 39" or 95cm of snow fell in 24 hours, driven by 120km/hr winds). The car still got buried, mind you, but not as bad as it could have been:

Before:

24 hours later:

When I started the car the engine sounded funny: Really, really quiet. I opened the hood and found this (the engine had been running for a few minutes, so I imagine some melted away before I saw this:

We see the same exact snow that you do. We get real bad lake effect snow that drops the same amount of snow in a day or 2. I've also learned to check the motor when we have bad storms because living right in between lake Erie and Lake Ontario all our storms have drifting and blowing snow to the point that you can walk on top of the snow without sinking in. I'm sure I'll have some nice pics in a month
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
***** Project "EVOLUTION" 1987 Cougar LS  & 1985 Cougar Convertible *****
[/COLOR]
5.0 HO 306 roller block, machined GT-40P heads, Wiseco dished forged pistons, Eagle forged floating I-beam connecting rods, Lunati pushrods, ARP bolts, Scorpion aluminum 1.6 rockers, Comp Cams Magnum 266HR, Explorer intake, 65mm TB, MAF Conversion, 19# injectors, Ford Racing stainless P-headers, 2-1/2" cat-less exhaust w/ Flowtech Afterburner lers , SC AOD with 2800 BDR torque converter, 3.73 T-Lok rear, CHE rear control arms, full 2-1/2" frame w/1" jacking rails & seat supports, Rear disk brakes, Turbine wheels, All original interior w/ floor shift upgrade .......
Pretty much every panel on my 87 is new, rebuilt, or re constructed. :D
Join us on Facebook

Winter Pictures

Reply #10
Actually, daminc, you probably get 10X the snow we get. Because NS is stuck out in the ocean most of our winter storms start as snow but change to rain. Our weather compares to Cape Cod, MA (indeed, we generally get the same storms). It's rare we get a storm with more than 8-10", and it's rather common to have bare ground through most of the winter (even when we get snow it usually melts within days). Heck, the last white Christmas we had was a good 8 years ago. That 39" in one day was a record-breaker, and the snow in the first pic was another abnormally bad one (about 12", but lots of wind). We had two snowy winters back-to-back, but the last several have been so snow-less I got rid of the snowmobiles - and I live in one of the snowier areas of mainland NS. We get flurries off the Bay of Fundy - think "Lake effect" but not as bad.

As for the "You won't see my car in that stuff" comments: My car was not driven in winter, it was parked. I didn't have the luxury of a garage to park it in until I bought the house I'm in now. Now the car doesn't see the white stuff at all, unless I've got to move it out of the garage to work on the daily driver. The only time my car ever saw salty roads was the month that the Volvo was down with a blown engine, and I paid for it bigtime - the driver fender actually rusted through from one month's worth of winter driving! It's since been replaced...
2015 Mustang GT Premium - 5.0, 6-speed, Guard Green - too much awesome for one car

1988 5.0 Thunderbird :birdsmily: SOLD SEPT 11 2010: TC front clip/hood ♣ Body & paint completed Oct 2007 ♣ 3.55 TC rear end and front brakes ♣ TC interior ♣ CHE rear control arms (adjustable lowers) ♣ 2001 Bullitt springs ♣ Energy suspension poly busings ♣ Kenne Brown subframe connectors ♣ CWE engine mounts ♣ Thundercat sequential turn signals ♣ Explorer overhead console (temp/compass display) ♣ 2.25" off-road dual exhaust ♣ T-5 transmission swap completed Jan 2009 ♣

Winter Pictures

Reply #11
Holy .If we got 8 inches of snow,they call that a blizzard.
'88 Sport--T-5,MGW shifter,Trick Flow R intake,Ed Curtis cam,Trick Flow heads,Scorpion rockers,75mm Accufab t-body,3G,mini starter,Taurus fan,BBK long tube headers,O/R H-Pipe, Flowamaster Super 44's, deep and deeper Cobra R wheels, Mass Air and 24's,8.8 with 3.73's,140 mph speedo,Mach 1 chin spoiler,SN-95 springs,CHE control arms,aluminum drive shaft and a lot more..

Winter Pictures

Reply #12
Quote from: vinnietbird;242800
Holy .If we got 8 inches of snow,they call that a blizzard.

We call that Thanksgiving Day. J/K

We usually don't get snow that will acspoogeulate until a week or 2 before Christmas. In January we get lake effect snow, because the lake temp is still warm. By the end of Jan. the lake and Niagara River start to freeze over and we get regular winter storms. But until then tons of snow blowing off the lake sometimes a foot a day or a foot a week. depends on the year and how warm the lake gets during the summer. needless to say, my cougar saw a lot of snow and salt in it's life
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
***** Project "EVOLUTION" 1987 Cougar LS  & 1985 Cougar Convertible *****
[/COLOR]
5.0 HO 306 roller block, machined GT-40P heads, Wiseco dished forged pistons, Eagle forged floating I-beam connecting rods, Lunati pushrods, ARP bolts, Scorpion aluminum 1.6 rockers, Comp Cams Magnum 266HR, Explorer intake, 65mm TB, MAF Conversion, 19# injectors, Ford Racing stainless P-headers, 2-1/2" cat-less exhaust w/ Flowtech Afterburner lers , SC AOD with 2800 BDR torque converter, 3.73 T-Lok rear, CHE rear control arms, full 2-1/2" frame w/1" jacking rails & seat supports, Rear disk brakes, Turbine wheels, All original interior w/ floor shift upgrade .......
Pretty much every panel on my 87 is new, rebuilt, or re constructed. :D
Join us on Facebook

Winter Pictures

Reply #13
It rains salt here. Literally. I'll get some new pics this year at work after I get my google phone.
Quote from: jcassity
I honestly dont think you could exceed the cost of a new car buy installing new *stock* parts everywhere in your coug our tbird. Its just plain impossible. You could revamp the entire drivetrain/engine/suspenstion and still come out ahead.
Hooligans! 
1988 Crown Vic wagon. 120K California car. Wifes grocery getter. (junked)
1987 Ford Thunderbird LX. 5.0. s.o., sn-95 t-5 and an f-150 clutch. Driven daily and going strong.
1986 cougar.
lilsammywasapunkrocker@yahoo.com

All four in the snow

Reply #14
I had no drive way for them last year. At least they will be on a paved drive this year. The XR7's are behind the two LS's in the 1st pic.