Skip to main content
Topic: New DD $1200 (Read 1083 times) previous topic - next topic

New DD $1200

Needed a car to get around in now that the tbird is in parts. Found this little gem on CL and it was a steal. 1994 2.3L 4 speed manual with overdrive with 330,000KM's on it which is about 186,000 miles.

Car has absoultly zero rust. They original owner owned it until 2006 and he put all highway miles on it, drove about 40miles roundtrip everyday to and from work. The second owner only owned it for 2 years, he managed a oil change place, changed all the fluids with synthetics, diff, tranny, and engine recently.

Anyways here are some pictures.
:birdsmily:

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
2.5" Cat Back Exhaust, CenterForce Stage 2 Dual Friction Clutch, B&M Ripper Shifter, T3/T4 Turbonetics 63 A/R Turbo, Rods Stainless Tubular Ceramic Coated Header, Boost Controller @ 15Psi, Kirban AFPR, 42lb Injectors, 190LPH Walbro Fuel pump, Ranger Roller Cam, 3" Aluminum Intake Tubing, K&N Cone,  KYB Struts, Koni Red Horizontals/Verticals, Eibach Sportline Springs, Racer Walsh C/C Plates, Polyurethane Bushings, 17x9 Cobra R Wheels

New DD $1200

Reply #1
couple more. Still have to wire the deck in.

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
2.5" Cat Back Exhaust, CenterForce Stage 2 Dual Friction Clutch, B&M Ripper Shifter, T3/T4 Turbonetics 63 A/R Turbo, Rods Stainless Tubular Ceramic Coated Header, Boost Controller @ 15Psi, Kirban AFPR, 42lb Injectors, 190LPH Walbro Fuel pump, Ranger Roller Cam, 3" Aluminum Intake Tubing, K&N Cone,  KYB Struts, Koni Red Horizontals/Verticals, Eibach Sportline Springs, Racer Walsh C/C Plates, Polyurethane Bushings, 17x9 Cobra R Wheels

New DD $1200

Reply #2
very nice. put another 100k miles on it keep it as nice as it is and get your money back

New DD $1200

Reply #3
2.3T swap.....

Looks good. I like my little truck, Just wish it had some power
1986 Cougar LS

New DD $1200

Reply #4
Quote from: DVP;238569
2.3T swap.....

Looks good. I like my little truck, Just wish it had some power

Don't worry ive got plans for it.
First thing is first im replacing the
shocks all around with KYB gas
chambers, and it needs some new rubber to.

First modification on the list will be
turbocoupe electric fan with turbo coupe
Radiator and some sort of catback exhaust.

This truck has absoultly zero options to,
no powersteering, nothing.

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

New DD $1200

Reply #5
light weight, needs tires, all that says to me is GO FAST and needs new rims!
1986 Cougar LS

New DD $1200

Reply #6
Its got power steering
93 Festiva L, 193k miles, BP+T/G25MR swap, T3 50trim .48/.42, SRT FMIC, Capri electronics/Rocketchip, 2.5" exhaust
bests: ET 12.86, MPH 110.25, 1.92 short
02 Subaru Impreza WRX, 129k miles
97 Subaru Impreza Outback Sport, 236k miles

New DD $1200

Reply #7
Quote from: bhazard;238661
Its got power steering

all i see is a steering box, idler arm, pitman arm and a center link.
Sounds a lot like worm and sector steering to me.

did you see something in the picture that made you think otherwise?

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

New DD $1200

Reply #8
nice score man.  I had an '88 reg cab long bed w/2.3 5 spd and a '97reg cab short bed w/2.3 and 5spd (but no A/c).  I drove the '97 for 3 yrs/50,000 miles and sold it for the same price I paid for it...and probably could have got more.  Parts are cheap, they're easy to work on and are tough as can be!  I almost wish I had one of mine back instead of my '99 F-150 but I need a 1/2 ton for all the towing I do.  Good luck w/yours.
'88 'bird, 10.9:1 306 w/TFS top end, forged rods/pistons, T-5 swap & bunch of other stuff, 1-family owned, had it since ‘98, 5.0tbrd88 on Instagram and YouTube