Skip to main content
Topic: New Here (Read 1096 times) previous topic - next topic

New Here

Hello,

I have been lurking, but recently decided to join and partite. I have two Thunderbirds an 87 TB and a 85 TC. I have learned a lot so far and have met some very helpful people. Glad to see some love for these cars as they are very rare around my parts. Here are some pics of my cars: [ATTACH=CONFIG]30303[/ATTACH][ATTACH=CONFIG]30304[/ATTACH][ATTACH=CONFIG]30305[/ATTACH]
85 TC stock auto
87 Sport 347, C4, 750 carb, LT, 3" exhaust

New Here

Reply #1
Hi and welcome!

Nice cars! Is the gold one still a T 2.3?
...and there was light!

New Here

Reply #2
Hi and welcome, just recently join here too.

New Here

Reply #3
I'm digging that brown/gold color.
88 Turbocoupe: Coast High Performance 331 kit 28oz balance, Comp XE264HR14 cam, 58cc 185 afr heads, 1.7 roller rockers, Mass-Flo EFI (was POS to setup and their techline is a joke at best)
Full 1 5/8 primary equal length headers, 2 1/2 exhaust, Full manual reverse VB c4 and baked off clear coat "BECAUSE RACECAR"

New Here

Reply #4
Welcome! I just joined as well.

I like that '87. Figured there would be a bunch of those still left in FL. With the large senior population, and the lack of a rust-causing environment.

New Here

Reply #5
The brown/gold one has a carbed 347. I personally would never switch a 2.3t for a 5.0, but thats the way it came. I had no clue about tbirds when I bought them. I would post more pics, but I have no idea how to lol.

I bought both of them within a week of each other off ebay. The gold one came from Michigan I think, and the red one from Washington state.
85 TC stock auto

New Here

Reply #6
Welcome aboard and thanks for sharing your photos with us. :burnout:

New Here

Reply #7
Quote from: Thunderbirdz;398111
I would post more pics, but I have no idea how to lol.

The easiest way is to upload them to a photo hosting site like Photobucket, and then post links to them in your posts here.

Example:

New Here

Reply #8
Quote from: Big B;398114
The easiest way is to upload them to a photo hosting site like Photobucket, and then post links to them in your posts here.

Example:

^ This! It's free and works great!
...and there was light!

New Here

Reply #9
Thanks for the tips guys. I posted a pic of the engine in the show your engine thread.
85 TC stock auto

New Here

Reply #11
Nice looking cars. Good to see a couple of more T-Birds that haven't met their doom at a salvage yard.
'88 Sport--T-5,MGW shifter,Trick Flow R intake,Ed Curtis cam,Trick Flow heads,Scorpion rockers,75mm Accufab t-body,3G,mini starter,Taurus fan,BBK long tube headers,O/R H-Pipe, Flowamaster Super 44's, deep and deeper Cobra R wheels, Mass Air and 24's,8.8 with 3.73's,140 mph speedo,Mach 1 chin spoiler,SN-95 springs,CHE control arms,aluminum drive shaft and a lot more..

New Here

Reply #12
Welcome...  Everyone.......
It's tough to find one of these cars in such nice shape nowadays
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
***** Project "EVOLUTION" 1987 Cougar LS  & 1985 Cougar Convertible *****
[/COLOR]
5.0 HO 306 roller block, machined GT-40P heads, Wiseco dished forged pistons, Eagle forged floating I-beam connecting rods, Lunati pushrods, ARP bolts, Scorpion aluminum 1.6 rockers, Comp Cams Magnum 266HR, Explorer intake, 65mm TB, MAF Conversion, 19# injectors, Ford Racing stainless P-headers, 2-1/2" cat-less exhaust w/ Flowtech Afterburner lers , SC AOD with 2800 BDR torque converter, 3.73 T-Lok rear, CHE rear control arms, full 2-1/2" frame w/1" jacking rails & seat supports, Rear disk brakes, Turbine wheels, All original interior w/ floor shift upgrade .......
Pretty much every panel on my 87 is new, rebuilt, or re constructed. :D
Join us on Facebook

New Here

Reply #13
Welcome. Nice Thunderbirds :).
88 Thunderbird LX: 306, Edelbrock Performer heads, Comp 266HR cam, Edelbrock Performer RPM intake, bunch of other stuff.

New Here

Reply #14
Welcome to the forum.......great looking cars!

1983 FORD THUNDERBIRD HERITAGE 5.0
2008 SAAB 9-7X AERO 6.0 (LS2) 1 0f 554 Made
2011 FORD FLEX SEL Family Hauler