Skip to main content
Topic: 87-88 Head lights (retrofit) (Read 532 times) previous topic - next topic

87-88 Head lights (retrofit)

Here are the headlights to my old 88 5.0LX.  The reflector bowls had shed their chrome before I got the car, so I made the lenses clear and retrofit some Halogen projectors I had lying around.  It was just a quickie retro so I could see beter at night, so they're not necessarily top shelf units, but they work good and could look a lot better with a pair of TBirdx3's vacuum formed lenses.  I'm going a different way with the lights on the new car, so these are for sale for $20 which is essentially free with you paying the shipping.  The projectors are based on the Hella E55, and came out of a 2010 Taurus.  They use 9005 lights, but I'm running the XS variant 9005 which doesn't use a 90 degree connector(regular 9005's will work just fine, it was just a matter of preference).

XXX

87-88 Head lights (retrofit)

Reply #1
You have a pm.
95 Ranger Splash 2.3
88 Tbird Sport :ies::ies:
5.0 SO, stainless shorty headers, w/ Magnaflow lers. KYB struts, KYB shocks. 5lug conversion from sn95 Mustang, subframe connectors, drilled and slotted rotors, 03 Mach 1 wheels. sequential taillights.140 speedo