Skip to main content
Topic: In need of the car aligner or the like underhood specs (Read 5817 times) previous topic - next topic

In need of the car aligner or the like underhood specs

Im gonna be fixing my car from the accident I was in and need the underhood specs so I can get the core support where it needs to be(would really help if I end up replacing it). I had them years ago, but with the times Ive moved they disappeared. If some one could help me out that would be great!!

Reply #1
like this?
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
***** Project "EVOLUTION" 1987 Cougar LS  & 1985 Cougar Convertible *****
[/COLOR]
5.0 HO 306 roller block, machined GT-40P heads, Wiseco dished forged pistons, Eagle forged floating I-beam connecting rods, Lunati pushrods, ARP bolts, Scorpion aluminum 1.6 rockers, Comp Cams Magnum 266HR, Explorer intake, 65mm TB, MAF Conversion, 19# injectors, Ford Racing stainless P-headers, 2-1/2" cat-less exhaust w/ Flowtech Afterburner lers , SC AOD with 2800 BDR torque converter, 3.73 T-Lok rear, CHE rear control arms, full 2-1/2" frame w/1" jacking rails & seat supports, Rear disk brakes, Turbine wheels, All original interior w/ floor shift upgrade .......
Pretty much every panel on my 87 is new, rebuilt, or re constructed. :D
Join us on Facebook

Reply #2
Like that, but the ones for the top side. I already found that in a different thread, but thats the kind of ones. I know theres ones for the engine bay, its just gonna be a matter of finding them.

Reply #3
My '85 shop manual has that same diagram.  It is the only diagram for birds/cats.  The dimensions appear to be the same.  (pg 47-11-06, fig 10)
#1 (left): undergoing top-to-bottom rebuild     
#2 (right): DD, power everything (sorta)
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Reply #4
hmm well dang it I know Ive seen a measurement diagram for up top. Guess Im gonna have to do some local checking at the place I got the old ones and see if they still have theres for their alignment racks for the birds.

Reply #5
Or if someone with an unwrecked one could get me some measurements from from some good points to get the core support where it needs to be and distances between the front fender mounting bolts that would work to. Id just need to know exactly where your measuring from and to!

Reply #6
I'll try to get you some measurements from my car

86' T/C 4.6L DOHC
16' Chebby Cruze 1.4L Turbo
17’ Peterbilt 389 600hp 1850ftlb Trq 18spd

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

“Heavy Metal Mistress”
[/COLOR][/SIZE]

Reply #7
Thanks man it will be a huge help. I wanna start getting things straightened out here soon, so your gonna be a life saver!!!

Reply #8
ok, here's what I got for you. The measurements are in inches and to the centerline of the holes.

DS Firewall pinchweld holes to PS radiator mntng bolt holes: 45 1/2"
PS Firewall pinchweld holes to DS radiator mntng bolt holes: 45 13/16"

DS Forward strut mntng hole to PS radiator mntng bolt holes: 42 1/8"
PS Forward strut mntng hole to DS radiator mntng bolt holes: 41 9/16"

DS Forward strut mntng hole to DS radiator mntng bolt holes: 27 3/8"
PS Forward strut mntng hole to PS radiator mntng bolt holes: 27 1/16"

As far as I can tell and as long as I've owned it, my car's never been in a wreck. Hope this helps

John

86' T/C 4.6L DOHC

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

“Heavy Metal Mistress”
[/COLOR][/SIZE]

Reply #9
This will be a big help to me and anyone in the future that this may happen to. Thanks agian man. Ill let you know if I need anything more specific, but that should get me where I need to be.

Reply #10
Glad to help :D

86' T/C 4.6L DOHC

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

“Heavy Metal Mistress”
[/COLOR][/SIZE]