Skip to main content
Topic: Swap (Read 2607 times) previous topic - next topic

Swap

Me and my buddy are putting a carbed 5.0 in his 87 Turbo Coupe but we have a couple problems.

The motor mounts, what cars can the brackets be used from?? Cause Advanced only sells the rubber mount,no brackets and the bone yards arent exactly flush with 87-88 5.0 T-Birds

Wiring, does anyone have a diagram to get his gauges and lights working??

Swap

Reply #1
Mounts are 87-88 t-bird only.
As far as wiring goes you really need to get an evtm off of ebay.
That will tell you the wire colors and every connectors pin outs.

Swap

Reply #2
Quote from: dominator;240182

86 also.:D
95 Ranger Splash 2.3
88 Tbird Sport :ies::ies:
5.0 SO, stainless shorty headers, w/ Magnaflow lers. KYB struts, KYB shocks. 5lug conversion from sn95 Mustang, subframe connectors, drilled and slotted rotors, 03 Mach 1 wheels. sequential taillights.140 speedo

Swap

Reply #3
Quote from: dominator;240182
As far as wiring goes you really need to get an evtm off of ebay.
That will tell you the wire colors and every connectors pin outs.

why would you say that?

the whole evtm resides here,,, http://www.foxtbirdcougarforums.com/showthread.php?t=20492
with all the wiring for the 87.

youngone- just go to the link and double click each diagram.
save as a bmp file.  open it with paint, save as a jpg.

for some reason people cant figure out how to get the images to come out clear to thier liking but you can work around that, the info is there.
for better quality images,, just simply click on my diy link below and there will be a ton of wiring diagrams there as well.

Im really not sure why people keep saying we dont have wiring diagrams other than on ebay.,, thats bad information dominator

I see that i do need to rescan page 105

Swap

Reply #4
Quote from: youngone;240147
Me and my buddy are putting a carbed 5.0 in his 87 Turbo Coupe but we have a couple problems.

The motor mounts, what cars can the brackets be used from?? Cause Advanced only sells the rubber mount,no brackets and the bone yards arent exactly flush with 87-88 5.0 T-Birds

Wiring, does anyone have a diagram to get his gauges and lights working??

I have mounts for sale here. http://www.foxtbirdcougarforums.com/showthread.php?t=18184
Old Grey Cat to this.88 Cat, 5.0 HO, CW mounts, mass air, CI custom cam, afr165's, Tmoss worked cobra intake, BBK shorty's,off road h pipe, magnaflow ex. T-5,spec stage 2 clutch, 8.8 373 TC trac loc, che ajustables with bullits on the rear. 11" brakes up front. +

Swap

Reply #6
Because i said it.

Swap

Reply #7
Thank you very much jcassity

Swap

Reply #8
Should be hooked up by now.lol
Old Grey Cat to this.88 Cat, 5.0 HO, CW mounts, mass air, CI custom cam, afr165's, Tmoss worked cobra intake, BBK shorty's,off road h pipe, magnaflow ex. T-5,spec stage 2 clutch, 8.8 373 TC trac loc, che ajustables with bullits on the rear. 11" brakes up front. +

Swap

Reply #9
Yeah we got it in on sunday, now all he has to do is wire it up. I wish him luck, me and wires dont mix

Swap

Reply #10
I switched a Fuel injected T-Bird to carb. After I learned out the trick on making a 40 psi pump to deliver 6.5 psi to the carb, the ignition was a piece of cake.

It had a roller cam 302, so we had to get a 1985 Mustang GT distributor from Advance auto. I just had to tap into the 12 v from the original coil and used an MSD Blaster 2 coil. :D
Alan Mackin--Semi Professional Ford der
83 T-Bird 460
83 T-Bird Heritage 5.0
84 T-Bird 5.0
86 T-Bird Turbo Coupe NHRA Stocker & Super Stocker
87 T-Bird Turbo Coupe
88 Bronco II Drag truck 302
95 Mustang GT auto
2004 F-350 CC Dually V-10