Skip to main content
Topic: WARNING!! To ALL FoxTBirdCougar Members! LOOK (Read 12196 times) previous topic - next topic

WARNING!! To ALL FoxTBirdCougar Members! LOOK

Do NOT under ANY cirspoogestance, buy from, or deal with, Charles E. Haug (Chuck Haug, User ID girlsliketurbos2). See the original thread here:

http://www.foxtbirdcougarforums.com/showthread.php?t=10873

And the NATO thread here:

http://natomessageboard.com/ultimatebb.php?ubb=get_topic;f=11;t=001804;p=1#000022

His ad stated "newly balanced crank with weisco pistons crowler rods and total seal gapless rings with high rev springs. all of this is for a 2.3 motor with a need of a rebuild. everything is brand new never used. i changed my project to a 5.0. they are standard size with no overbore".

When I called him and spoke with him four times over the phone, he was very upfront with details. Wiesco forged turbo pistons, Crower Sportsman Rods, coated Clevite Bearings (rods and mains), Total Seal Gapless rings, balance 2.3T crank. All standard bore, standard bearing, ready to drop in. He had his machine shop (Oddy's Performance) mail me the "balancing sheet". The sheet was for a static balance only and only to the quote "stock re-sized rods, aftermarket pistons". (Arrived after payment made)

A deal was struck for $400 plus $95 shipping. I paid with a WaMu Money Order (#698697784, Nov 13, 2006, I have a copy of the signed, deposited money order with his bank account #).

The parts arrived last week via UPS. The box was in poor shape. The crank, rods (with pistons attatched), and bearings/rings were simply floating in a box of packing peanuts. Needless to say, the crank broke all 4 pistons and rods. The pistons are actually a no-name Chinese knock-off (flat-top, full-floatin pin only), the wristpin slams back and forth in the bore, the rods are stock with stock bolts (used), there is only 2 sets of rings (Total Seal, NON gapless, regular steel, NON turbo application), 2 sets of cam bearings, 1 set of main bearings (non-coated, no-name, no packaging), and a very nasty rusted beyond use crankshaft. There were no rod bearings. Pictures included.

He has two address's listed and goes by Charles or Chuck.

164 Carriage Park
West Seneca, NY 14224

and

234 Columbus Ave
Buffalo, NY 14220

Phone #'s are 716-602-7183, 716-674-0695, and 716-822-8102. I have not heard from him since the day the parts arrived. He knows that I am extremely pissed off and want my money rightfully returned. I have left 3 phone messages, 3 PM's, and 1 email in the last 8 days with no response, so this is my next step. BUYER BEWARE!!

Reply #1
More pics.

Reply #2
And 3 more. I still have all of the parts and much higher resolution pics if you need them. 3 of the 4 pistons have actual chunks missing. All 4 are cracked and have damage to the wristpin area.

Reply #3
hmmm (edit) Man that blows I hope you get it all sorted out
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
1974 maverick lsx powered turbo car SOLD
1973 maverick Tijuana Taxi Tribute
1957 chevy LSX Turbo project (race car)
Owner of Joe Dirt Fabrication

Reply #4
 dude! it looks like he threw all his s metal in a box and shipped it to you...i cant believe he would send u that crank and claim its brand new! thats just uncalled for. i'd be real skeptical buying from someone new to this board, most people on here seem real truthful and wouldnt want to skrew anyone over...but when a newbie come on and wants to sell things right away, theres a chance there ight be trouble. i dont know what to tell you, but i sure hope u get your money back, someone shouldnt be able to get away with that
1988 Thunderbird sport
2004 Ford F150 Lariat
2008  Chevrolet Cobalt Sport
2007 Suzuki DR-Z400S dual sport/Supermoto
1988 Thunderbird LX - sold
1988 Mercury Cougar XR-7 with GST kit - gone

Reply #5
I've bought over $1000 worth of stuff just this year from Member's on this Board. I've NEVER been screwed before.

Reply #6
shiznit, what a mess.

You paid with a money order so you have him on mail fraud, if he wont square up with you the legal system will.

Scott
1980 birds X 3, 1982 bird, 1984 XR7, 1988 TC

Reply #7
Dude that sucks. Time to beat some ass :beatyoass:
88 Thunderbird LX: 306, Edelbrock Performer heads, Comp 266HR cam, Edelbrock Performer RPM intake, bunch of other stuff.

Reply #8
Good luck my friend.I feel for you.
'88 Sport--T-5,MGW shifter,Trick Flow R intake,Ed Curtis cam,Trick Flow heads,Scorpion rockers,75mm Accufab t-body,3G,mini starter,Taurus fan,BBK long tube headers,O/R H-Pipe, Flowamaster Super 44's, deep and deeper Cobra R wheels, Mass Air and 24's,8.8 with 3.73's,140 mph speedo,Mach 1 chin spoiler,SN-95 springs,CHE control arms,aluminum drive shaft and a lot more..

Reply #9
This would be better suited in the Vendor/Feedback section. (Where it belongs)  I know you think this forum would be "higher traffic", but it will just fade on off the bottom in a few days.  It will have alot more staying power, and be useful for other folks in the other forum.

Bummer about the transaction.  Of course this guy is probably vapor by now.
Long live the 4-eyes!  - '83 Tbird Turbo

Reply #10
Someone needs busted about the head.  It would be one thing if the actually got damaged as a result of UPS or whatever, but that clearly wasn't packed well and there's no way it could've rusted in transit so.... get your money back.

Reply #11
* wonders when the angry mod will leave*      :beatyoass: :beatyoass: :beatyoass:

Honestly that sucks ass the way you got screwed over. I hope you find this person and do very bad, untracable things

Reply #12
Actually the mods were notified by Michael before this thread was posted. It'll stay here until it fades away, then I'll move it to the appropriate section. $500 is a lot of money to be screwed out of
2015 Mustang GT Premium - 5.0, 6-speed, Guard Green - too much awesome for one car

1988 5.0 Thunderbird :birdsmily: SOLD SEPT 11 2010: TC front clip/hood ♣ Body & paint completed Oct 2007 ♣ 3.55 TC rear end and front brakes ♣ TC interior ♣ CHE rear control arms (adjustable lowers) ♣ 2001 Bullitt springs ♣ Energy suspension poly busings ♣ Kenne Brown subframe connectors ♣ CWE engine mounts ♣ Thundercat sequential turn signals ♣ Explorer overhead console (temp/compass display) ♣ 2.25" off-road dual exhaust ♣ T-5 transmission swap completed Jan 2009 ♣

Reply #13
The plot thickens! Apparently he's had a DIFFERENT user ID for the last 2 YEARS! turboed351 was his old ID.