Skip to main content
Topic: Fuel level sending unit (Read 1057 times) previous topic - next topic

Fuel level sending unit

If anyone happens to have one laying around that works I could really use it.

Re: Fuel level sending unit

Reply #1
They are different between years and dash style too.
Quote from: jcassity
I honestly dont think you could exceed the cost of a new car buy installing new *stock* parts everywhere in your coug our tbird. Its just plain impossible. You could revamp the entire drivetrain/engine/suspenstion and still come out ahead.
Hooligans! 
1988 Crown Vic wagon. 120K California car. Wifes grocery getter. (junked)
1987 Ford Thunderbird LX. 5.0. s.o., sn-95 t-5 and an f-150 clutch. Driven daily and going strong.
1986 cougar.
lilsammywasapunkrocker@yahoo.com

Reply #2
Reason I asked is because I am parting out two cars, an 86 and an 88. Both of them the gas guages worked fine. However the float and the arm is different based on year and motor as they had different gas tanks and sizes in addition to different resistances throughout the years. I was thinking if I had more information I might have had a drop in solution for you.
Quote from: jcassity
I honestly dont think you could exceed the cost of a new car buy installing new *stock* parts everywhere in your coug our tbird. Its just plain impossible. You could revamp the entire drivetrain/engine/suspenstion and still come out ahead.
Hooligans! 
1988 Crown Vic wagon. 120K California car. Wifes grocery getter. (junked)
1987 Ford Thunderbird LX. 5.0. s.o., sn-95 t-5 and an f-150 clutch. Driven daily and going strong.
1986 cougar.
lilsammywasapunkrocker@yahoo.com

Reply #3
Sorry guys I put a modified mustang piece in

Reply #4
Pm sent haystack