Skip to main content
Topic: Looking for a 85-86 T-bird within a couple hour drive of Louisville KY (Read 635 times) previous topic - next topic

Looking for a 85-86 T-bird within a couple hour drive of Louisville KY

Hey all, I've finally cleared my garage of project cars and I'm ready to start something worth keeping. My first car was a 85 5.0 CFI AOD Thunderbird and I've missed it since I was forced by my parents to sell it. I started another 85 in 2007 but py neighbors complained about me working in the driveway so it went to the s. I'm looking for something with a title, can be rebuilt as long as it can be registered, not a ton of rust, and as cheap as possible. I would prefer a rolling chassis but non rolling is okay too.

Reply #2
I have an 86 tbird body I was going to use for a project car.  We got started with an 88 TC instead.  It is a rolling chassis.  Needs two front fenders but all other body parts are there and in excellent condition.  All body repairs have been made by a professional body shop, that is who I got it from.  It was his boys project car and he lost interest in it for a 4x4 truck.  I got the seats and door panels and other such items but other minor items would need to be gathered.  The original 5.0 trans is in the car, condition unknown.  I got all the chrome, front clip etc. for it setting in my shed.  I was going to part the car out for s but would much rather see a good body saved.  I saw pictures of the car before painting and the body wasn't bad to begin with.  The dash is not in it, you would most likely need a parts car for it but if your handy it is a very solid body.  The floor is solid, carpet is out of it right now, no holes or anything like that.  Only trouble is I'm more than a couple hour drive.  I could if you wanted meet you somewhere around Danville.  That is about 3 hours for both of us.  $400 takes the car and all parts.  I have the title for it so you can title the car safely.  It is not a salvage.    If your interested, I'll snap some pics for you.

Go Fast the first time.  The tickets the same.
86 Thunderbird 5.0.  All original good weather driver. Tbird Reg #53035
86 Thunderbird TC.  All original good weather driver.  Tbird Reg # 58555
87 Thunderbird TC.  All original good weather daily driver.  Tbird Reg # 64647

Reply #4
I have to work the next few days but will get out there hopefully this weekend or early next week and get some pics of the car and some of the parts for you.

Go Fast the first time.  The tickets the same.
86 Thunderbird 5.0.  All original good weather driver. Tbird Reg #53035
86 Thunderbird TC.  All original good weather driver.  Tbird Reg # 58555
87 Thunderbird TC.  All original good weather daily driver.  Tbird Reg # 64647