Skip to main content
Topic: Chuck's '83 TBird (Read 71606 times) previous topic - next topic

Re: Chuck's '83 TBird

Reply #315
Well that might change how the motor sits  :toothless: .
88 Thunderbird LX: 306, Edelbrock Performer heads, Comp 266HR cam, Edelbrock Performer RPM intake, bunch of other stuff.

Reply #316
Had a few moments to get the PS bushing out after work.

:nonchalance:

(Hint: There is supposed to be about a 1/2" of black material between that grey stuff and the upper bracket)

Junk.

I know a guy who makes motor mounts.

;)
It's Gumby's fault.

Reply #317

I know a guy how used to make them. ;)

I have a set of ES bushings sitting here. Just need to install them.

These are an OLD set of my Type 1's. Like original batch zinc-plated stuff.
Long live the 4-eyes!  - '83 Tbird Turbo

Reply #320
Well, new motor mount bushings are in place.

Also took the time to wrap up the fuel filter situation.

I was originally going to remove the Aeromotive filter that I had on the car, and go with a more OE set-up, but after some thinking I decided to keep it.

First I prepped some nylon fuel line.

Then I popped a couple new fittings into it.

I picked up a quick-disconnect fitting for the filter and shortened my hardline to put the new flex section in place.

Now to get the pinion angle set, etc and see where I am on whether I need to mod my panhard bar.

Reply #321
Saucy :toothless:

Reply #322
How to make Chucks magic fuel line end prep sauce:

https://thumbs.gfycat.com/PoisedPeriodicBinturong-size_restricted.gif

If I was smart I could figure out how to get the  gif to work without clicking on it....

83 351W TKO'd T-Bird on the bottle

93 331 Mustang Coupe - 368 rwhp

Reply #323
I guess for clarification, that is a drink heater element giving me boiling water in the jar. Fairly mobile, and quick to heat up.  :giggle:

Reply #324
I guess for clarification, that is a drink heater element giving me boiling water in the jar. Fairly mobile, and quick to heat up.  :giggle:

That's a pretty good idea.
88 Thunderbird LX: 306, Edelbrock Performer heads, Comp 266HR cam, Edelbrock Performer RPM intake, bunch of other stuff.

Reply #326
Pinion set...I still need to mod the panhard bar.  :nonchalance:

*derp*

Upside. I may actually try and get the car started this week, as all of that is buttoned up.

Reply #328
The Swedish chef and a bunch of Volvos  :giggle:. Still amazing work man. I knew what you were up to when I posted Saucy I just saw the classico jar and lost it

Reply #329
THIS happened today.

Ran it for several minutes. Fiddled with a couple settings, but the bulk of things will need to wait until I can actually get it out on the road. It has a full tank of gas that's been sitting for over 2 years. It's had Stabil 360 in it, and didn't smell too bad when I was doing the fuel filter stuff, but I'm sure it would be much happier with some fresh juice.

The green light on the side of the center console is the  WBO2 status indicator (at operating temp). The kit comes with a blue LED, but I bought a bunch of LEDs off Amazon to get a green one to match the dash lighting.

So far it seems to run OK. I'll mess with Warm-up settings again when the engine is cold. It currently isn't happy at idle unless the AFR is around 13.0-13.5. I'll double-check to see if there's any offset in the AFR in the WB, and make any adjustments needed there.

It's the old tune that was in the car when I parked it. However, I changed the spark map to a much more aggressive version (similar to the PE) from what was in there, and the firmware was updated. I never had a WBO2 in it previously, so the tune should get dialed in much better now.