Skip to main content
Topic: 87 T-bird W/92 5.0 Swap High Idle (Read 4002 times) previous topic - next topic

87 T-bird W/92 5.0 Swap High Idle

Reply #15
I did not see that many fuseable links under the hood of the car....... You wouldnt happen to have an index of what all those fuseable links are for? would ya?

Reply #16
Quote from: hjbjzj;462943
I did not see that many fuseable links under the hood of the car....... You wouldnt happen to have an index of what all those fuseable links are for? would ya?

The 5v power supply inside computer operates the sensors, actuators etc... Other than power in, there are no fuse links associated with 'puer...

Reply #17
Pretty much, if the fuel pump runs, the computer has power. That's why it was suggested to see if it cycled on (computer controlled) or ran continuously(hack job, probably an ignition switch tripping the relay).
Quote from: jcassity
I honestly dont think you could exceed the cost of a new car buy installing new *stock* parts everywhere in your coug our tbird. Its just plain impossible. You could revamp the entire drivetrain/engine/suspenstion and still come out ahead.
Hooligans! 
1988 Crown Vic wagon. 120K California car. Wifes grocery getter. (junked)
1987 Ford Thunderbird LX. 5.0. s.o., sn-95 t-5 and an f-150 clutch. Driven daily and going strong.
1986 cougar.
lilsammywasapunkrocker@yahoo.com

Reply #18
Also, with no vacuum to the map sensor, the car thinks the engine is dying or wot and floods it with fuel. This will result in about 5mpg at highway speeds. If it kills the cat, there will be black soot on the ground under the tail pipes.
Quote from: jcassity
I honestly dont think you could exceed the cost of a new car buy installing new *stock* parts everywhere in your coug our tbird. Its just plain impossible. You could revamp the entire drivetrain/engine/suspenstion and still come out ahead.
Hooligans! 
1988 Crown Vic wagon. 120K California car. Wifes grocery getter. (junked)
1987 Ford Thunderbird LX. 5.0. s.o., sn-95 t-5 and an f-150 clutch. Driven daily and going strong.
1986 cougar.
lilsammywasapunkrocker@yahoo.com