Skip to main content
Topic: 87/88 EFI to Carb. Read before judging. (Read 1216 times) previous topic - next topic

87/88 EFI to Carb. Read before judging.

So I bought my old 88 Sport back and i am swapping in a 351W with 4R70W. Now the guy before me took the efi harness for himself so he could swap it into a non efi car. Now with my build I am going to use the aftermarket EFI system and trans controller. I have used this unit on my wife's car and it is awesome. My question is, how do you hook up all the gauges to make the dash work? I see a couple plugs that were part of the factory efi and just want to make everything work properly.
1988 Thunderbird Sport. Work in Progress
5.8L swap w/fitech efi, 4R70W swap w/quick 4 controller, 2003 GT rear diff, 5 Lug swap

Bought this car back as an old project car.

:burnout:

Reply #1
I don't have any input but want to follow along on what you discover.  What EFI are you going to use?  Does that manufacturer have any suggestions?

Someone on here had a link in their signature with the factory manual for our year cars.  Not sure if it was TC only but may be worth hunting for.
1988 Thunderbird TC, 5spd
Stinger 3" single exhaust, Cone Filter, Adjustable Cam Pulley, Schneider roller cam, Walbro 255 lph, AEM Wideband O2
'93 Mustang Cobra replica wheels on 235/50R17

'21 F150 Powerboost
'17 Husqvarna TX300

Reply #3
These wire colors may help.