Skip to main content
Topic: Interior Quarter Panel question (Read 1149 times) previous topic - next topic

Interior Quarter Panel question

I guess I have a rare interior in my 86 from a 83-84 Fila or Elan and I would feel bad ripping it apart so I would like to grab the interior from the 87 Turbo Coupe at the local pull a part. Will the 87-88 quarter panels fit my 86 T bird?

Reply #1
Lower rear ones will, uppers won't. Over the door, it sort of fits but would require some modification. Door sill area trim is interior color on 1987-88 cars; that can easily replace the aluminum trim on your car. Kick panels interchange. A-pillar panels are made for the molded headliner on 1987-88 cars, so again, mods necessary. Visors interchange. Door panels interchange.

Reply #2
The lower panels have the plush pad on some models, correct? I searched here and your interchange on CC.net but couldn't come up with anything. Also, the door glass on your interchange is sort of confusing. Would the door glass from a 84-92 Mark VII work on my 86 T-bird if I do not have vent windows? Thanks for your help.

Reply #3
Yes, the lower panels have various levels of padding. They're really just glued on and/or pegged into a plain panel, so technically you could make your own, but installing the panels is straightforward.

I checked glass part numbers once and it appeared that Mark VII door glass interchanged with 1983-86 Cougars/T-Birds. Not 100% positive on that, though. I do know the windshields are direct interchange; that was confirmed by my glass guy. Unfortunately I forgot to check the Mark VII door glass at the time.