Skip to main content
Topic: help from those of you who have done a TC rear swap. (Read 6750 times) previous topic - next topic

Re: help from those of you who have done a TC rear swap.

Reply #15
So there is a bracket made to hold the cables on the lower control arms?  I thought it looked like it was made to run that way.  Maybe I can fabricate something that will work.  About the only things I don't have now are the spring that mounts in front of the union where the two cables split and that "retaining bracket"  that hangs down from the stud in the floorpan and holds everything up and off the ground.  Thanks a ton for the help guys.
'88 'bird, 10.9:1 306 w/TFS top end, forged rods/pistons, T-5 swap & bunch of other stuff, 1-family owned, had it since ‘98, 5.0tbrd88 on Instagram and YouTube

Reply #16
The TC cables are held onto the control arms using a big spring.  I think the SN95 bracket is probably better, and I want to look into changing mine over.
1988 Thunderbird
5.0 HO, t5, TC rear, TC brakes, etc. - Gone

Reply #17
I tried using big springs...they worked alright. But they also bit into the cable sleeve and pretty much ruined the sleeves. The brackets are much better to use.