Skip to main content
Topic: Stalling (Read 1572 times) previous topic - next topic

Stalling

Ok here is the deal I have a 1987 ford thunderbird turbocoupe 2.3. I have changed the plugs wires cap rotor coil Fuel pressure regalotor fuel filiterand the car still shuts off when comming to a stop sign what could it be. Just wondering if it could be the ECT. please help. Thanks.

Stalling

Reply #1
Codes?

Stalling

Reply #2
Quote from: softtouch;213058
Codes?

X2... Also suspect the IAC/IAB may need cleaned...

Stalling

Reply #3
thanks but what is the IAB.

Stalling

Reply #4
if wondering i did change the EGR AND IAC before i put the car away for winter still had a problem when put away trying to barrow a scanner for this weekend hopefuly will have codes thanks.

Stalling

Reply #5
what is the base idle set on?
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
1974 maverick lsx powered turbo car SOLD
1973 maverick Tijuana Taxi Tribute
1957 chevy LSX Turbo project (race car)
Owner of Joe Dirt Fabrication

Stalling

Reply #6
where is the base idle screw at.

Stalling

Reply #7
the base idle screw is on the throttle body. the real trick is knowing how to set the base idle correctly. also make sure you don't have a blown intake hose or something. i had the same problem and it turned out to be the hose between the turbo and the intercooler. replaced that hose and all as good.
84 Turbo coupe 2.3T Modded with 88 upper and lower intake, 88 injectors, E6 manifold, T3-4 AR.60 turbo, 31X12X3 FMIC, Homemade MBC , Greddy knock off BPV.
4 eyes see better than 2! 
Da Bird!

FreeBird

Stalling

Reply #8
Quote from: 140turbo;213225
if wondering i did change the EGR AND IAC before i put the car away for winter still had a problem when put away trying to barrow a scanner for this weekend hopefuly will have codes thanks.

you dont need a scanner.
A paper clip and a test light is all that you need.

the info is in my diy link on how to hook up the paper clip jumper and the test light.

Stalling

Reply #9
Are the fans working properly,had the same problem when i had my 2.3l turbo.
It turned out to be the engine tem sensor in the upper intake.
Fixed the stalling and the fan problem all in one.

Stalling

Reply #10
the fans come on when the car is cold and when the gauge is in the middle.

stalling

Reply #11
i have codes KOEO self test 23, 85, 88, 27, 42, and 72 KOER self test 23, and 25 hope this helps to find the answer to the problem