Skip to main content
Topic: Friday the 6th.....3-30-14 new pics..... (Read 46338 times) previous topic - next topic

Friday the 6th.....3-30-14 new pics.....

Reply #285
I have a friend coming over early Sunday morning for the trans swap. Wish the transmission fairy would just do the swap while I'm sleeping, but, I guess we'll do it and get it over with.
'88 Sport--T-5,MGW shifter,Trick Flow R intake,Ed Curtis cam,Trick Flow heads,Scorpion rockers,75mm Accufab t-body,3G,mini starter,Taurus fan,BBK long tube headers,O/R H-Pipe, Flowamaster Super 44's, deep and deeper Cobra R wheels, Mass Air and 24's,8.8 with 3.73's,140 mph speedo,Mach 1 chin spoiler,SN-95 springs,CHE control arms,aluminum drive shaft and a lot more..

Reply #286
Vinnie, T5's have got to be one of the easiest trans to do.  I gotta pull a tremec out of my pals Cobra and replace a shift fork.  I can't stand tremec's with there integral bell housings.  I love how you can install the clutch,  bolt up the bell housing, then slip the input shaft up into the ctuch and four bolts the trans is bolted up.  Slip in your shifter of choice along with the drive shaft and cross member and exhaust and voila your done.  The tremec is a night mare, especially in the s197 stangs.  Well good luck and be safe.
Love Foxes, Birds or Stangs.

Reply #287
Yeah I know. I've swapped mine a couple of times, I just don't want to. LOL. I do like an extra set of hands just to make life a little easier on these jobs. I did the last one (the trans in there now) by myself.  I will be safe. Jack stands and all will be used on a solid driveway.
'88 Sport--T-5,MGW shifter,Trick Flow R intake,Ed Curtis cam,Trick Flow heads,Scorpion rockers,75mm Accufab t-body,3G,mini starter,Taurus fan,BBK long tube headers,O/R H-Pipe, Flowamaster Super 44's, deep and deeper Cobra R wheels, Mass Air and 24's,8.8 with 3.73's,140 mph speedo,Mach 1 chin spoiler,SN-95 springs,CHE control arms,aluminum drive shaft and a lot more..

Reply #288
I was going to pull the short section of my X-Pipe and the drive shaft this evening to get a small head start for the tranny swap tomorrow. I got carried away and in an hour I had everything out but the flywheel. Tomorrow morning.........Hello Z-Spec.

Reply #289
What are your plans for your old heads ? When you get the stuff done? I wish I seen the post for the 170's , I know someone for them.
Old Grey Cat to this.88 Cat, 5.0 HO, CW mounts, mass air, CI custom cam, afr165's, Tmoss worked cobra intake, BBK shorty's,off road h pipe, magnaflow ex. T-5,spec stage 2 clutch, 8.8 373 TC trac loc, che ajustables with bullits on the rear. 11" brakes up front. +

Reply #290
What clutch you putting in?
Old Grey Cat to this.88 Cat, 5.0 HO, CW mounts, mass air, CI custom cam, afr165's, Tmoss worked cobra intake, BBK shorty's,off road h pipe, magnaflow ex. T-5,spec stage 2 clutch, 8.8 373 TC trac loc, che ajustables with bullits on the rear. 11" brakes up front. +

Reply #291
What clutch you putting in?

Reply #292
Nice work Vinnie, when your having fun parts fly off.
Love Foxes, Birds or Stangs.

Reply #293
The clutch is a King Cobra piece. Sorry for the delay in answering that Kitz. LOL. I still have to adjust the cable a bit more. I've put one mile on it since the trans swap yesterday....maybe more this coming weekend. Back to work and 12 1/2 hour shifts til Friday.

Reply #294
I still have to get the ehads and cam done. The cam hasn't arrived yet, and I ran out of money to get the remaining gaskets and lower intake ported. One step at a time. Still making payments on the heads, too.

Reply #295
The Ed Curtis cam got here yesterday while I was at work, and he is sending me 0.030 shims for the valve springs he said I will need. I haven't opened the box yet. But I will in a little bit.

Reply #296
Sweet

Reply #297
The Bird wouldn't start day before yesterday. Found out that the starter solenoid died. $20 and three minutes of labor, then all is good. I'm going to do a wee little clutch adjustment tomorrow, and rebuild the passenger window motor. I think the plastic gear lost some teeth. I have the kit here on my desk. After that, drive for a while.

Still waiting to get the heads and cam in. Funds are at zero right now, so, I'm $250 away from being able to do the swap. So close. At least I have the big parts already.