Skip to main content
Topic: Friday the 6th.....3-30-14 new pics..... (Read 45582 times) previous topic - next topic

Friday the 6th.....3-30-14 new pics.....

Reply #150
Due to the friggin' cold, I only managed to align the trunk lid and install the gas lid. Not much done, but, two steps closer than when I woke up this morning to being done. next project....trunk struts.
'88 Sport--T-5,MGW shifter,Trick Flow R intake,Ed Curtis cam,Trick Flow heads,Scorpion rockers,75mm Accufab t-body,3G,mini starter,Taurus fan,BBK long tube headers,O/R H-Pipe, Flowamaster Super 44's, deep and deeper Cobra R wheels, Mass Air and 24's,8.8 with 3.73's,140 mph speedo,Mach 1 chin spoiler,SN-95 springs,CHE control arms,aluminum drive shaft and a lot more..

Reply #151
It's a little bit different....I'm good with that. The goal was to change up just about everything a little bit.

'88 Sport--T-5,MGW shifter,Trick Flow R intake,Ed Curtis cam,Trick Flow heads,Scorpion rockers,75mm Accufab t-body,3G,mini starter,Taurus fan,BBK long tube headers,O/R H-Pipe, Flowamaster Super 44's, deep and deeper Cobra R wheels, Mass Air and 24's,8.8 with 3.73's,140 mph speedo,Mach 1 chin spoiler,SN-95 springs,CHE control arms,aluminum drive shaft and a lot more..

Reply #152
She's home!, Definably different than before.
Old Grey Cat to this.88 Cat, 5.0 HO, CW mounts, mass air, CI custom cam, afr165's, Tmoss worked cobra intake, BBK shorty's,off road h pipe, magnaflow ex. T-5,spec stage 2 clutch, 8.8 373 TC trac loc, che ajustables with bullits on the rear. 11" brakes up front. +

Reply #153
What do you think Kitz? Honest opinion. Don't sugar coat it.

Reply #154
Need to see a few different pics of it.
Old Grey Cat to this.88 Cat, 5.0 HO, CW mounts, mass air, CI custom cam, afr165's, Tmoss worked cobra intake, BBK shorty's,off road h pipe, magnaflow ex. T-5,spec stage 2 clutch, 8.8 373 TC trac loc, che ajustables with bullits on the rear. 11" brakes up front. +

Reply #155
I'm going out to work on the trunk struts and will see if I can grab a few more.

Reply #156
It's not easy owning the best looking '88 Thunderbird in existence, but, it's a burden I carry. LOL. LOL.

Reply #157
Lmao must be hard

Reply #158
Well, pics tomorrow at some point. I did manage to get a few things done today since we are having our Thanksgiving on Sunday....I got the trunk struts installed. Awesome. I also installed the replacement Mach 1 chin spoiler and the black strip in the side moldings (it replaced the chrome strip when the side moldings were black....now they are body color.). I still need to re-assemble the interior and trunk panels, sequential tail lights, replace the rear package shelf carpety stuff, and then we'll see what happens after that.

The struts took a while. I had thought one would hold the trunk up, but decided that two would be better, and keep everything balanced when the trunk was opening, and especially during closing, so that one side wouldn't want to flex more than the other. Worked great. There were many options of where to mount them, but I decided to mount them on the upper floor of the trunk just inboard of the shock towers. I fabricated the hinge mounts from steel, and will paint them and the trunk hinges later. That's small stuff.

Reply #159
Made a small amount of progress today. Door panels are back on, replacement package shelf installed, new driver side window motor, new door handles, and now I. currently working on the tail lights.

Reply #160
What can I say today.....Hmmmm......well, spent a long time here on our forum with some great help that walked me through my sequentials. Now I hope to apply that knowledge tomorrow. You guys know I hate electrical stuff.

I finished restoring my tail lights. They are taped up and the lenses and houses are being bonded. I also bought some chrome body wrap vinyl and used that to "chrome" the inside of the light reflectors on the tail light housings. That should brighten up the lights a wee bit. That silver paint or whatever Ford did was very dull and no reflective qualities at all. Hopefully tomorrow I'll have the tail lights all done, rear seat and rear interior panels in. For now, I'm resting. It's bloody late, and I just finished the lights.

Reply #161
Today's progress.....

-Installed the sequential light kit...awesome (I use the chrome vinyl on the inside of the housings, great stuff, and worth the time. Makes the lights really pop)

-installed the rest of the interior

-installed the trunk emblem

-pinstripes

-swapped the alternator

-removed all the sanding dust from inside the car (still need to vacuum)

-installed the trunk panels

-re-re-aligned the trunk lid

Now, I'm going to watch TV.

Reply #162
 you got a lot done lol

Reply #163
Now I need to order a hidden antenna. Mine is gone, and I can't pick up any tunes. SO, 10 CD's in the changer in the trunk, 1 in the dash.

1 dang step at a time.

Reply #164
CRAAAAAP...............Well, accomplished a ton of work, and now what? the car won't hold a charge it seems. I haven't started the car for 9 days. It sat most all the time in the shop for three months. I checked the alternator, it was fine, checked my backup alternator on the shelf, it was good as well. Haven't checked the battery yet. I will as soon as I can. Next 4 days are work days, so, no time for anything.

I had to jump start the car today. Completely dead. Once it was jump started, it ran great down town and back home. I turned the key off, then started right back up....no issues. Let the car sit for 5 hours, dead. Hopefully the battery just isn't holding enough power. That would be great since it's under warranty. I turned the key, the electric fan came on as always, it tried to turn over then "click, click ,click, click....." with dim light in the car. We'll see what happens.

Just venting before bed. News as it happens.