Skip to main content
Topic: Show off the little stuff! (Read 74720 times) previous topic - next topic

Re: Show off the little stuff!

Reply #15
Removed factory ashtray from console and installed a footwell lamp. I wired it in with the reading lamp switch on the back of the console.
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Reply #16
Now that's what I'm talking about. Good use of the space, and something I would definitely consider doing on one of these. Maybe the '88 with its lighting package or whatever.

Reply #17
Just thought I'd take a quick pic to show my progress on this. I'm down to the 2000 grit wet part. This will be cleaned up a bit when I hit it with the polishing compound and clearcoat tomorrow, and then it will be done.. but this is a decent idea of how it will turn out:

Reply #18
Lookin' good.
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Reply #19
i allways had an idea of hiding gauges in the ashtray on the console, or some interior light switches or somthing

Reply #20
Quote from: 87thunderbirdBlackJack
i allways had an idea of hiding gauges in the ashtray on the console, or some interior light switches or somthing

yeah then the passenger can know how much boost you are running too!
Quote from: jcassity
I honestly dont think you could exceed the cost of a new car buy installing new *stock* parts everywhere in your coug our tbird. Its just plain impossible. You could revamp the entire drivetrain/engine/suspenstion and still come out ahead.
Hooligans! 
1988 Crown Vic wagon. 120K California car. Wifes grocery getter. (junked)
1987 Ford Thunderbird LX. 5.0. s.o., sn-95 t-5 and an f-150 clutch. Driven daily and going strong.
1986 cougar.
lilsammywasapunkrocker@yahoo.com

Reply #21
heh, crackin on me now? hah! smarta$$  :D

Reply #22
That intake emblem is lookin good..... You SAID show off the little stuff so.....
-- 05 Mustang GT-Whipplecharged !!
--87 5.0 Trick Flow Heads & Intake - Custom Cam - Many other goodies...3100Lbs...Low12's!

Reply #23
Bullitt pedals (the first to have them in a Fox Cougar):

Smoothed out the rocker panels inside the door jambs and added a 1999 Cougar sill plate to each side:

I have too much other stuff to list for the convertible.

Old black '86: took the rear ash tray that Zach deleted and used it to create a lighted Cougar emblem for the dash (it's on the far right in the picture):

Old blue '84: painted the taillights so that they had the Mercury "laser stripe" motif:

Reply #25
cougar emblem from the 70's.............just aft of the wheelwell on the fender....... :D

Reply #26
Hey Eric, how did you fit those bullit pedals on the stock pedal arms? I was told there was no way to fit them!  That is the one interior mod I'd like to do to the inside of the car, and I would appreciate any help you could give!
88 TC, Lots of Mods.

Reply #28
OK, the HO plate was just finished. In fact, the last coat of clearcoat is still drying in one or two spots in this pic. (mainly down in the recessed areas)

Reply #29
Haha take that Paul

And here are the pics of my TC bumper, Can you tell I need a header panel?

And a pic of the TC seats and console.

Edit: Now that I've looked at my post I realize how bad my car actually looks  :mad:
One 88