Skip to main content
Topic: Interior trim colors (Read 2701 times) previous topic - next topic

Interior trim colors

I've been looking into replacing some broken dash parts on ebay, and I'm noticing that, while the steering wheel/column, and outer trim around my stereo and dash is the dark dark blue color, which I thought was standard, others seem to be grey.  Were there different colors available, for different trims maybe, or is it just a trick of the lighting
1988 Cougar LS - Cinnabar/Rose Quartz Metallic two tone - 3.8 V6 - Rescue
1988 Cougar LS - Cinnabar/Rose Quartz Metallic two tone - 5.0 V8 - Survivor

Interior trim colors

Reply #2
thats what I've been seeing, but mine looks like a really dark blue

Interior trim colors

Reply #3
XX

You can see the difference between my blue trim, with the brown interior, and the trim on the white car, which is grey.

Interior trim colors

Reply #4
I would say it's just the light and maybe different fading. The gray seats fade to an almost blue also.
95 Ranger Splash 2.3
88 Tbird Sport :ies::ies:
5.0 SO, stainless shorty headers, w/ Magnaflow lers. KYB struts, KYB shocks. 5lug conversion from sn95 Mustang, subframe connectors, drilled and slotted rotors, 03 Mach 1 wheels. sequential taillights.140 speedo

Interior trim colors

Reply #5
I had to take the door speaker cover of my 87 out into the sun to see that it was dark blue, not Raven Black.
I have lots of the dark grey & dark blue dash parts that I could part with if you are interested.
Ron
Speed is just a question of MONEY How fast can you go?    (M. M.)

Interior trim colors

Reply #6
If someone can get the printed part numbers on the back of two similar parts (say, the speaker grille), that would help.
Personally I've seen bluer pieces but considered them either a faded piece or maybe a slight color change/variation during a model year.
I have never seen anything official about a bluer vs. a greyer interior panel in all my years.

Interior trim colors

Reply #7
my speaker covers are all brown on my car. I'm unsure what color the original dash panels were. I swapped the faux.wood for the simulated brushed aluminium when I did the console/5 speed and accidentally threw away some of the interior parts I ment to keep.
Quote from: jcassity
I honestly dont think you could exceed the cost of a new car buy installing new *stock* parts everywhere in your coug our tbird. Its just plain impossible. You could revamp the entire drivetrain/engine/suspenstion and still come out ahead.
Hooligans! 
1988 Crown Vic wagon. 120K California car. Wifes grocery getter. (junked)
1987 Ford Thunderbird LX. 5.0. s.o., sn-95 t-5 and an f-150 clutch. Driven daily and going strong.
1986 cougar.
lilsammywasapunkrocker@yahoo.com

Interior trim colors

Reply #8
Quote from: EricCoolCats;423511
If someone can get the printed part numbers on the back of two similar parts (say, the speaker grille), that would help.
Personally I've seen bluer pieces but considered them either a faded piece or maybe a slight color change/variation during a model year.
I have never seen anything official about a bluer vs. a greyer interior panel in all my years.

Ask and ye shall partially receive. This is from an 86 TC. Raven interior car

41 Dodge Luxury Liner Sedan
78 F-100 2wd flareside
84Turbo Coupe
84 Thunderbird Élan
85 Thunderbird 3.8
88 Turbo Coupe
88 Mustang GT
90 Stang LX 5.0 5spd
93 F-150 4x4 ext cab
96 Mustang GT
98 Mustang GT
99 SVT Cobra
06 Fusion SEL
14 Fusion Sport

Interior trim colors

Reply #9
Quote from: EricCoolCats;403330
All interiors had dark grey, with the exception of Sand Beige interiors, whose trim was dark brown.

Eric, is this a cougar specific thing?  Our 88 TC has a sandalwood gut but the column cover is black/charcoal???
41 Dodge Luxury Liner Sedan
78 F-100 2wd flareside
84Turbo Coupe
84 Thunderbird Élan
85 Thunderbird 3.8
88 Turbo Coupe
88 Mustang GT
90 Stang LX 5.0 5spd
93 F-150 4x4 ext cab
96 Mustang GT
98 Mustang GT
99 SVT Cobra
06 Fusion SEL
14 Fusion Sport

Interior trim colors

Reply #10
Sand Beige was an interior color from 1985-88. I have really only seen the brown trim panels in 1985-86 cars though. If a 1987-88 car has dark grey panels then that's probably correct.

Interior trim colors

Reply #11
Quote from: jandmmustangs;423518
Ask and ye shall partially receive. This is from an 86 TC. Raven interior car

Oh, you're talking door panels. The Raven door panel was definitely different from the typical dark grey of the dash trim.
I meant the speaker grilles from the dashboard, sorry about the confusion.

I have collected parts from all model years and never noticed any difference between, say, a 1985 dash panel surround grey color, and a 1988 dash panel grey color.
If there was any variance, I have always chalked that up to sun fade or general climate issues.

Interior trim colors

Reply #12
my 87 bird has a two tone brown dash and brown speaker covers for the dash and
Quote from: jcassity
I honestly dont think you could exceed the cost of a new car buy installing new *stock* parts everywhere in your coug our tbird. Its just plain impossible. You could revamp the entire drivetrain/engine/suspenstion and still come out ahead.
Hooligans! 
1988 Crown Vic wagon. 120K California car. Wifes grocery getter. (junked)
1987 Ford Thunderbird LX. 5.0. s.o., sn-95 t-5 and an f-150 clutch. Driven daily and going strong.
1986 cougar.
lilsammywasapunkrocker@yahoo.com