Skip to main content
Topic: Who has guns? (Read 25008 times) previous topic - next topic

Who has guns?

Reply #105
Yes, as far as AR-15's in MD go, you do have some choices. New ar's must be heavy barrels (talk about a dumb law), but only if they are 223/556. So a pencil 300BO, 6.5 grendel, 6.8 SPC, 9mm etc, are all OK. Also, you can have AR pistols, so a 16" pencil barrel 223 rifle is illegal, but a 14.5" 223" pencil barrel pistol, that's OK. Also, all preban lowers are grandfathered in, so a lower you own before 2013 can be a whatever barrel profile you want in any caliber.

You can sell a completed 80%, but as you said, you can't build with intent to sell. And as they are now regulated, it must be done through an FFL(I'm pretty sure that's only MD to MD tho). Also to anyone in MD reading this, there's talks that they want all 80's registered and serialized like what California just passed:punchballs:

I've never seen a range turn anyone away for an unserialized lower... but I'm sure there are a few ranges that could.

We use to complain that we were limited to 20rd mags, that was our only real restraint, and even then you could larger ones, you just couldn't buy 30s in state. Then, it seemed like overnight, we restricted to 10's, need a Handgun Qualification licence to buy an handgun(which I downright refuse to do), no more 'regular' AR15s, no more 'regular' AK's, pretty sure mini14s and SKS's are also banned, they just signed a bumpstock and echo trigger ban. Just saying, keep fighting the good fight, don't rest on your laurels, and don't think 'that will never happen to me'. One incident, one wrong asshole voted in, one signature on a piece of paper, things can change quickly.
1988 Thunderbird sport
2004 Ford F150 Lariat
2008  Chevrolet Cobalt Sport
2007 Suzuki DR-Z400S dual sport/Supermoto
1988 Thunderbird LX - sold
1988 Mercury Cougar XR-7 with GST kit - gone

Who has guns?

Reply #106
Shame302 probably has nothing good to say about restrictive gun laws. Does anyone still talk to him?

, where did everyone go...? :(

I wish you guys had Missouri's gun laws. If you're not a felon or loony, you can pretty much buy anything that's not federally regulated. I'd have a shiznitfit if the powers-that-be did passed some bullshiznit laws like some of you folks have. It ain't right...I feel for yas.
'84 Mustang
'98 Explorer 5.0
'03 Focus, dropped a valve seat. yay. freakin' split port engines...
'06 Explorer EB 4.6

Who has guns?

Reply #108
Quote from: ThunderbirdSport302;467319
Shame302 probably has nothing good to say about restrictive gun laws. Does anyone still talk to him?

I really wish I could remember his real name. I used to talk to him frequently on AIM, but those days are long gone.

Quote from: ThunderbirdSport302
I wish you guys had Missouri's gun laws. If you're not a felon or loony, you can pretty much buy anything that's not federally regulated. I'd have a shiznitfit if the powers-that-be did passed some bullshiznit laws like some of you folks have. It ain't right...I feel for yas.

There are still a lot of loop holes and a lot of random things you can get away with, but you really have to know what you're doing. If you do get in trouble, you also have to know how to explain yourself very well.

I just throw rocks at home intruders. More legal that way.
It's Gumby's fault.

Who has guns?

Reply #109
That shiznit sucks. Pretty bad when you'd be in more trouble for defending yourself, property, kids, etc than the shiznitbag breaking in to harm or damage them...

Dude, I don't get up at 2AM to take a piss without my light and a pistol..not paranoid, just 4 decades of seeing and hearing how low humanity can go made me realize that a lifetime of wondering if I should've used force is a hell of a lot less worry than actually firing on a shiznitbag if/when the situation needed it.

Last summer ('17) had some guy from down at town pull up in the driveway right after I'd gotten home for lunch, yelling at the driver of the SUV to come out and "be an adult"...

I grabbed my PPQ, stuck it in my pocket, all but the grip was hidden and there wasn't a round chambered, since it was laying on my nightstand. I went out, kept the front end of the Mountaineer between him and myself and asked what the shag he was doing in my driveway yelling like an asshole..

He said some stuff about blowing through a stop sign by his house....ironically, the way I come home through has NO stop signs going TO home, but one going FROM home, where I turn off on the highway, and there's no houses within a 1/2 mile of that stop..

I set him straight, tell him he's clearly got the wrong guy, and I don't blast through stop signs anyway, and he walks up on me, coming around the front of my Mounty.

I'm not so sure the guy isn't in his right mind, but I back up toward the house, my hand inches above the grip of my PPQ, he evidently sees it, stops, and says something like "have a good evening" or something, and hightails it to his vehicle and leaves.

I got the shakes a bit once he was backing down the driveway.... it, but I'm glad he left before it go worse.

I wouldn't ever go on someone's property and call them outside like that guy did to me. That's what LEOs are for LOL.
'84 Mustang
'98 Explorer 5.0
'06 Explorer EB 4.6

Who has guns?

Reply #110
Ever get started in a hobby and find yourself sitting on more stuff than you'll ever need JUST because it was fun to make?

Tip of the iceberg. 
I've got 4 OWB PPQ holsters, 2 molded leather, 2 kydex all RH, and 2 hybrid IWBs RH 4 o'clock and RH SoB.  And that's just for the PPQ.

Who has guns?

Reply #111
I wish I had as many guns as I do holsters.. :D
'84 Mustang
'98 Explorer 5.0
'06 Explorer EB 4.6

Who has guns?

Reply #113
If I may make suggestions? :D

PPS "Classic" (M1)

HK VP9sk

Canik TP9

P99c

I've got a P99c....excellent gun, but then, it IS a Walther, made back before they had to put the shaging pushbutton mag release on everyshaginthing, much less make 'em all look like a PPQ in terms of overall style....
'84 Mustang
'98 Explorer 5.0
'06 Explorer EB 4.6

Who has guns?

Reply #114
HK just released a push-button VP9.  Might be the first push-button HK ever.  Might as well, though, their paddles are uselessly short.

BTW, range report on my polymer lower:  200 rounds of 5.56 NATO and no damage to the lower receiver, no cracks, no stress marks, nothing.  Probably want to think about an H2 or H3 buffer though.

Who has guns?

Reply #115
Yeah, I read about the new VP9b a few days ago on the Walther forum....seems to be the American thing, Walther is getting away from the paddle release too. I emailed their CS in fort smith, asking about a paddle release PPQc, and was told "no, not in the plans". shag 'em.

Dumb down the best shaging handgun with those stupid ass buttons to the glock ws will buy 'em...bullshiznit.

At least I own two PPQ Classics and as well, a pair of PPS'...all have the paddle release. Next up...some P99 and P99c. I'd love a VP9sk, too, but only with paddles. You CAN get longer paddles from HK, have to trim the trigger guard though. (or at least, I think so. Magnum Research also has a line of pistols, the MR9 and MR40, with frames made by Walther (think P99, and that's what it basically is), with cromoly barrels and stainless slides, but they have short paddles. A guy on Walther forums has put PPQ paddles on some of his MR guns. Turns out quite nice, actually.

I've shot all kinds of handguns, several have passed through my hands. My PPQ and PPS will be here for as long as I need them.

The only 1911 I want is a Para, the one that's doublestack and holds 14+1. I plan to convert it to .400 Corbon. That's a 10mm bullet in a necked down .45 case. 10mm energies with less recoil, if you will.
'84 Mustang
'98 Explorer 5.0
'06 Explorer EB 4.6

Who has guns?

Reply #116
Quote from: TheFoeYouKnow;467718
HK just released a push-button VP9.  Might be the first push-button HK ever.  Might as well, though, their paddles are uselessly short.

BTW, range report on my polymer lower:  200 rounds of 5.56 NATO and no damage to the lower receiver, no cracks, no stress marks, nothing.  Probably want to think about an H2 or H3 buffer though.

yeah, 556 wouldn't really scare me too much, the 300 you were talking about is why I was concerned. Since the 300 almost always uses pistol length gas system, it tends to be more violent on the buffer tower than rifle or mid length 556. Best of luck tho, it is a great feeling that you actually hand built something and made it yours, much like most of us have done with our cars.
1988 Thunderbird sport
2004 Ford F150 Lariat
2008  Chevrolet Cobalt Sport
2007 Suzuki DR-Z400S dual sport/Supermoto
1988 Thunderbird LX - sold
1988 Mercury Cougar XR-7 with GST kit - gone

Who has guns?

Reply #117
I'd heard that about the pistol length gas system, but carbine length is used fairly commonly as well in 16 barrels (only) . 300BLK uses a lot of pistol length systems because subsonic rounds don't cycle reliably in a short barrel otherwise. According to AAC who created the round, either subs or supers should cycle well in a 16" with a carbine length system. I'm going to go with that and hope for the best.  And the gunsmith at the gunstore/range I like to go to told me he had built a 300BLK on an FFL poly lower, that ran good on a 16" carbine system along with an H3 buffer weight.

Who has guns?

Reply #118
All done til I can afford optics. 60 rounds of 147gr FMJ down-range after work tonight with my original H buffer, and I didn't manage to break it. I was surprised that the recoil seemed about the same as the 55gr .223 I was shooting with that borrowed 5.56 upper. I might leave that buffer alone for now, since it seems just right, and I think it would have been over-gassed with a pistol length gas system.

X

Who has guns?

Reply #119
Oooohhh...dat's purty!
'84 Mustang
'98 Explorer 5.0
'06 Explorer EB 4.6