Skip to main content
Topic: 88 White XR7 for sale on Craigslist (Read 1267 times) previous topic - next topic

88 White XR7 for sale on Craigslist

Not my car ... but I have communicated with the guy through email a little.

http://decatur.craigslist.org/cto/6207039829.html

Car would need picked up and towed, but would probably be a worthwhile project.  It's been sitting for 12+ years but ran when it was parked.  I received some additional pictures from the seller and will post them as well.  Dual power seats, two-tone Raven leather interior.  The seller told me that he bought it as a project and just never got around to working on it.  It has a few spots of paint bubbling/surface rust that he cleaned up and primed, but he said that there were no holes or severe pitting.  He said the worst spots are the trunk lid and drivers door bottom.  Will need some TLC for sure but looks like a decent project for the price ...

Reply #1
A few more pics ...

Reply #2
Interior looks tight.  Nice project.
T-Birds can't fly.  Ask how I know...

Reply #3
That looks like a fantastic project.  I love the color combo.

Reply #4
Blow the rat turds off it, chuck a battery in it and drive it home.

Id talk him down to $500 though. Thats about the max where i feel comfortable paying.
Quote from: jcassity
I honestly dont think you could exceed the cost of a new car buy installing new *stock* parts everywhere in your coug our tbird. Its just plain impossible. You could revamp the entire drivetrain/engine/suspenstion and still come out ahead.
Hooligans! 
1988 Crown Vic wagon. 120K California car. Wifes grocery getter. (junked)
1987 Ford Thunderbird LX. 5.0. s.o., sn-95 t-5 and an f-150 clutch. Driven daily and going strong.
1986 cougar.
lilsammywasapunkrocker@yahoo.com

Reply #5
For $500 you could part out the interior and double (at least) your money.
88 Thunderbird LX: 306, Edelbrock Performer heads, Comp 266HR cam, Edelbrock Performer RPM intake, bunch of other stuff.

Reply #6
Yeah.  I'm not buying it due to distance but figured there was probably some good stuff there for someone who was closer.

Reply #7
Just bought this today. Can't wait to get started on it. Gonna be a lot of work though. Sitting 12 plus years.

Reply #8
Quote from: 30thtbird;461908
Just bought this today. Can't wait to get started on it. Gonna be a lot of work though. Sitting 12 plus years.

Shouldn't be too bad mine was sitting under a tree for 15...
88 Cougar
88 T-Bird
other cars that don't apply to this forum

Reply #9
Mine sat for at least 8 years too. I removed all the mouse nests, replaced all the fluids and everything rubber and she's been runnin' strong for about 9 years now.
CoogarXR : 1985 Cougar XR-7

Reply #10
Circling back on this ... awesome, I'm glad somebody here got this!  Any updates on it?