Skip to main content
Topic: Starting fresh (Read 23539 times) previous topic - next topic

Re: Starting fresh

Reply #180
Still working on getting the tuning right after replacing the intake gaskets. Everything seems to be going well within reason of course just need to learn it out.

Reply #181
Finally got some real seat time in the old girl. About 50 miles today. Stopped at the gas station and filled her up on some premium at 2.09 a gallon (that itself made me happy as hell for 18 gallons worth).

Still fighting a return to idle issue, she likes to make me look like an idiot coming up to a light and stalling. Made some minor tweaks, but time will heal that wound some

Also mounted my retarded monster tach another thing that will be going the wayside eventually, but for now its nice to be able to see the rpms, the fitech display shows it but its so small and not really viable at a glance like a regular gauge is. I wont be able to miss it now  :toothless:

Reply #182
Of course I mention this now but if you used Fel Pro 1250 gaskets (even the 1250S steal core) I've got a better gasket that's the same size: an Explorer 5.0 gasket set from Fel Pro. Has graphite coated steel gaskets with rubber end seals. Been using them for years (currently on my Edelbrock Performer head/Performer RPM intake combo) and they are awesome. No leaks and they hold torque. Openings are identical to the 1250.

How does it run? I'm assuming much nicer than it used to.
88 Thunderbird LX: 306, Edelbrock Performer heads, Comp 266HR cam, Edelbrock Performer RPM intake, bunch of other stuff.

Reply #183
I used edelbrock intake gaskets this time around. And so far so good. They match the ports to the intake a hell of a lot better than the felpro gaskets did. Plus I put the felpro ones in upside down :shakehead:

As for running, its still learning and will for another hundred miles or so. The power is nice so far but I haven't really beat on it yet. Ive given it the beans a few times but haven't given it the full enchilada yet.

It's unfair to put the new engine in the same category of the stocker. In all honesty the engine i pulled from it probably shouldn't have been driven on in the first place lol. I didn't do anything to it when I got it besides change a heater hose and a IAC. It had factory date coded plug wires on it still. I drove the  out of it anyway knowing I was going to pull it. if it let go, it let go.

I'm happy with it so far

Reply #184
The more I drive it the better it gets! And with it being tri-tone with this retarded hood it pulls a great deal of attention going down the road. I love it.

It has a slight traction control issue though  :dunno:

Reply #185
Turn the traction control on  :toothless:
88 Thunderbird LX: 306, Edelbrock Performer heads, Comp 266HR cam, Edelbrock Performer RPM intake, bunch of other stuff.

Reply #186

I've hunted every square inch of this car for it and still ain't fount it :bs:

On a serious note.. I will probably label the nitrous on switch with the traction control symbol. There's going to be so many hidden Easter eggs in this car its going to be ridiculous

Reply #187
Reebok is the traction control.

Get a TC switch panel and use the premium fuel switch as the nitrous control. Hidden and factory looking.

Reply #188
I'll have to do something like that.  I got the line lock in that panel on a toggle switch right now it's not great but it works. I gotta dig through my treasure trove of parts and see if I have another system sentry panel I could modify. All down the road of course.  Señor Giggle isn't happening this year but soon. So I can scope out ideas.

All thats left for this year is to get my hood out of corona-tine and make it all ones color for the time being and possibly get the windows tinted. My pecking list is getting pretty short for 2020.

Reply #189
Clayton,
 Not to derail your post but I saw on FB you are doing some spoiler work. I’m not on FB much but wanted to say that it looks good so far. What year Camaro did you get the spoiler from.? Car is coming together nice.
87 Tbird LX w/Factory floor shifter:D   3G upgrade. Tinted Windows...85 Mustang GT steering wheel(non-cruise) 17'' Saleen SC style wheels,Front/Rear TC sway bars/poly bushings & Mustang GT steering rack...'05 Mustang V6 springs...93 Cobra MC & booster, MM adjustable C/C plates,  Work  In  Progress.......  ( On The Shelf---HO computer, 19lb injectors, HO cam, BBK headers, Explorer Intake, Cold Air Intake ,Phantom Gauges, Stinger stainless exhaust pipes )
 S O L D

Reply #190
Thanks! It's originally off a late 80s early 90s camaro

Reply #191
Ive had this car since June 26th last year and haven't given it a proper bath. So I took her to the pay and spray and hosed her off real good. Detailed the interior a bit, and cleaned the windows. It's clean-ish lol

Reply #192
Finally!! The wait is over!! Ive gotta go some fitting but its here!

Reply #193
Like I said on FB,  Holy Cowl !!!  You need to pack a tunnel ram or blower under there now cause you got the space.

What is that a 6" cowl?

Coming along nice from the looks of it.
1988 Thunderbird TC, 5spd
Stinger 3" single exhaust, Cone Filter, Adjustable Cam Pulley, Schneider roller cam, Walbro 255 lph, AEM Wideband O2
'93 Mustang Cobra replica wheels on 235/50R17

'21 F150 Powerboost
'17 Husqvarna TX300

Reply #194
Its a 5" cowl. I plan on some boost later on. I just want the real estate right now that and Its only 20 lbs. Stupid light. The box they shipped it in weighs about as much as the hood.

And it looks sinister. A little less freedom chicken every day.