Skip to main content
Topic: Big block 545 stroker swap!!! Many pics and info included!! (Read 15332 times) previous topic - next topic

Big block 545 stroker swap!!! Many pics and info included!!

Reply #30
Quote from: V8Demon;308133
Someone explained it to me a while back.  It has to do with the way the wheel distributes the load from the weight of the car.

very interesting!.. never thought of that

Reply #31

Dipstick from SK Speed :D
-- 05 Mustang GT-Whipplecharged !!
--87 5.0 Trick Flow Heads & Intake - Custom Cam - Many other goodies...3100Lbs...Low12's!

Reply #32
Quote from: V8Demon;308146

Dipstick from SK Speed :D

Lol I got all my tranny accessories along w/ the tranny and converter from dynamic, but you prob are definitely right about SK speed having that dipstick!

"Think with ur dipstick, Jimmy!!" lol

Reply #33
You sir are a hero of the first order!

Reply #34
That thing will be a monster!

Reply #35
Troy built my 427 Windsor too.                                                                                                                                                                                         

Reply #36
dude thats sick. im in new hyde park. gimme a hollar if you need help
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
'88 cougar 331 supercharged build in progress
'95 Blazer solid axle swapped 4X4- daily driver

Reply #37
Looks like it will be a KILLER

SCT Tuned by Me(Greg@SpeedyDyno.com)

E.T. 10.28 @ 136.5 MPH 1/4 mile: List of Mods; 351 EFI, AFR heads,AOD,Rousch 13in frt brakes,11in rear brakes, AirRide Tech air ride system, Sub frame connetors,2400 RPM stall, 3.50,BBK shorties,T62PT Turbos  air to air intercooled, Home built kit.
Car weights 3705lbs without driver:burnout:

Reply #38
Quote from: racerxmd;308691
Troy built my 427 Windsor too.                                                                                                                                                                                         

mmmmmmmmmm that looks good!! did you run it or dyno? or have any idea what it could be making??

btw, thats a procomp distributor right? mine too lol

Reply #39
wow you need to get a video of the thunderbird when its done.
84 el camino ss-daily driver(efi mild sbc,2004r, posi 3:42 rear.)
84 mercury cougar v6- was a v6/ nitrous drag car, going back to mostly stock
81 chevy malibu-protouring/  drag car.( efi sbc supercharged 283 that will rev to the moon, 2004r, 4:11 posi rear)

Reply #41
Quote from: 1 BADBIRD;310631
Hey man whats up from a fellow Long Islander ! Hows the Bid coming ?

heyyy hheyyy hheyyy!! :mullet:

....i still havent taken pictures in a while! ive been busy searching for a full-time position....aint easy when u just finished college :\  ....

but anyway, its coming along! ...  we put in a summit direct-fit radiator, installed a Derale tranny cooler w/ fan...  we put a new dual fan setup from a ford contour which fits nicely.. should pull around 3500 cfm which is great for cooling!..

we put in the gauges, finished off the shifter...still need to put the tach in there but thats nothing...  we're getting pretty close... 

we just gotta wire up the ignition, the relays to the tranny fans, fuel pump and radiator fans...and then hook up the switches directly to the fuel pump/tranny fan/radiator fans... 

its getting reaally close to finally firing it up :D

Reply #42
yeah, that fan moves I have that one in my car and with 95* florida air still only used one, but it draws like 40 amps
1986 T-bird
347 stroker motor
185 AFR Heads
TrickFlow cam 224/232-542/563
Victor Jr. intake CNC ported
Quickfuel Holley 800 cfm
Hooker 1-3/4 long tubes
Custom built AOD
B&M 3000 stall
8.8 w/4.30 gears
UPR K-member,A-Arms,and coil-overs
UPR upper/lower control arms
Strange shocks/struts
26x10x15 M/T slicks
11.48@119.27
(coming soon Tremec 3550)
The Finished Product
http://s174.photobucket.com/albums/w92/03grinnie/T-bird/

Reply #43
Quote from: gthemelis87;310643
heyyy hheyyy hheyyy!! :mullet:

....i still havent taken pictures in a while! ive been busy searching for a full-time position....aint easy when u just finished college :\  ....

but anyway, its coming along! ...  we put in a summit direct-fit radiator, installed a Derale tranny cooler w/ fan...  we put a new dual fan setup from a ford contour which fits nicely.. should pull around 3500 cfm which is great for cooling!..

we put in the gauges, finished off the shifter...still need to put the tach in there but thats nothing...  we're getting pretty close... 

we just gotta wire up the ignition, the relays to the tranny fans, fuel pump and radiator fans...and then hook up the switches directly to the fuel pump/tranny fan/radiator fans... 

its getting reaally close to finally firing it up :D

Cool deal man , I cant wait to see the finished product Maybee in person . I might end up on Long Island in may or june . I'll let you know . A dual fan set up works good , thats what I am running with a Be Cool Radiator . I run right around 195 degrees in the middle of the summer .
Lets get that wiring set up and fire her up !!:burnout:

Reply #44
Quote from: 1 BADBIRD;310704
Cool deal man , I cant wait to see the finished product Maybee in person . I might end up on Long Island in may or june . I'll let you know . A dual fan set up works good , thats what I am running with a Be Cool Radiator . I run right around 195 degrees in the middle of the summer .
Lets get that wiring set up and fire her up !!:burnout:

i wonder how hot our engine is gonna run, we dont plan on driving it if its too hot or too humid... definitely a nice day, nice evening and night kind of car... unless we're at the track, then it doesnt matter lol

ohhhh i cant wait to start 'er up :hick:

chevy guys are gonna :bowdown: my :shakeass:.........seriously...