Skip to main content
Topic: Has anyone on this Fourm Done an LS1 swap into there Bird (Read 17496 times) previous topic - next topic

Has anyone on this Fourm Done an LS1 swap into there Bird

Reply #75
It's your car, so you should do exactly what you want. Personally, I'm a Ford guy, so I'd never use a bowtie, for anything. I'm building a street rod with a Mustang motor, Lincoln rear, Mustang front, Cougar column, etc. But that's just me. One thing for you to keep in mind, even if you don't care what other people think, is if you ever plan on selling it. There are a lot of people who would be interested in a bird with a bowtie, but there are even more who wouldn't touch it. If you plan on keeping it though, then that's not a problem. Then we're back to your car, your decision....
1987 Turbo Coupe - Son's car
1987 Super Coupe - Son's project car
1934 Ford - My project car

Reply #76
I wouldn't have done it, but what the hey, it's not like these things are rare...

On the other hand, I've always thought a Volvo 2.9 I6 with a Turbo would make a cool swap. And it's almost a Ford engine...

Shiny Side Up!
Bill
"as if 'religion' were something God invented, and not His statement to us of certain quite unalterable facts about His own nature." -C.S. Lewis

Reply #77
Huh...Where in NH are you from?
:america: 1988 Thunderbird Sport, Former 4.6 DOHC T56 conversion project.

Rest of the country, Welcome to Massachusettes. Enjoy your stay.

Halfbreed... Mango Orange Y2K Mustang GT
FRPP complete 2000 Cobra engine swap, T56 n' junk...
~John~

Reply #78
southern new hampshire
:evilgrin: 88 Turbo-Coupe:evilgrin:
chevy 350 bored .030 over .450 lift 260/260 duration race cam  cloyes hex-adjust timing set
full custom headers
full 3 inch exhaust
dual flowmaster super 44's
dual chrome 3.5" tips
16 inch motegis
t5 5 speed:burnout: