Skip to main content
Topic: Has anyone on this Fourm Done an LS1 swap into there Bird (Read 17413 times) previous topic - next topic

Has anyone on this Fourm Done an LS1 swap into there Bird

Reply #15
You could look at other LS* series motors like 5.3 or the truck based 6.0 too. Might be a tad cheaper and the mods transfer.

Just a thought.

Reply #16
hell swap in a termy motor...  390hp...  and they take VERY WELL to cheap mods, and  near bullet proof to boot...

in the end man it is your car and do whatever makes you happy with it....

Reply #17
hell swap in a termy motor

That's actually more involved, believe it or not.  There is more than one company that makes K-members to mate an LSx to a Fox.

For example.... http://www.latemodelrestoration.com/iwwida.pvx?;item?item_no=AJE-MU3030K%20%20%20%201&comp=LRS
-- 05 Mustang GT-Whipplecharged !!
--87 5.0 Trick Flow Heads & Intake - Custom Cam - Many other goodies...3100Lbs...Low12's!

Reply #18
If it'll fit in a Stang,it'll fit in our cars.
'88 Sport--T-5,MGW shifter,Trick Flow R intake,Ed Curtis cam,Trick Flow heads,Scorpion rockers,75mm Accufab t-body,3G,mini starter,Taurus fan,BBK long tube headers,O/R H-Pipe, Flowamaster Super 44's, deep and deeper Cobra R wheels, Mass Air and 24's,8.8 with 3.73's,140 mph speedo,Mach 1 chin spoiler,SN-95 springs,CHE control arms,aluminum drive shaft and a lot more..

Reply #19
I would guess that LSx motor's are more plentiful than Terminator Cobra motors.  Plus keep in mind he already has access to a cheap LS1. 

I'd say go for it man.  Who cares what other people think as long as you like it.  Hell I saw a guy on Power Tour driving a '57 Chevy with a 460 in it.  Talk about g people off...GM guys would look under the hood and storm off with a pissed off look on their face.  lol.
'88 'bird, 10.9:1 306 w/TFS top end, forged rods/pistons, T-5 swap & bunch of other stuff, 1-family owned, had it since ‘98, 5.0tbrd88 on Instagram and YouTube

Reply #20
Quote from: V8Demon;267779
That's actually more involved, believe it or not.  There is more than one company that makes K-members to mate an LSx to a Fox.

For example.... http://www.latemodelrestoration.com/iwwida.pvx?;item?item_no=AJE-MU3030K%20%20%20%201&comp=LRS

yea I know, but no more involved then a Mach I swap.  Which is the main reason I mentioned that swap...  if you are going to swap a $v, why not swap one with 85 more HP?

Reply #21
  if you are going to swap a $v, why not swap one with 85 more HP

its a shiznit tone more expensive to obtain an 03-04 cobra swap thats why
:america: 1988 Thunderbird Sport, Former 4.6 DOHC T56 conversion project.

Rest of the country, Welcome to Massachusettes. Enjoy your stay.

Halfbreed... Mango Orange Y2K Mustang GT
FRPP complete 2000 Cobra engine swap, T56 n' junk...
~John~

Reply #22
Do it if you are good with electronics. If not, don't.

Reply #23
Quote from: shame302;267821
its a shiznit tone more expensive to obtain an 03-04 cobra swap thats why

You gotta stuff an intercooler in there as well ;)
--87 5.0 Trick Flow Heads & Intake - Custom Cam - Many other goodies...3100Lbs...Low12's!

Reply #24
Like I was saying My brother in law has one he pulled out of a wrecked car and is letting me have the whole thing for less than $1000
87 TC
HO Swap, T5 Swap, Mach Springs, CHE Upper and Lower control arms, Mach Chin spoiler, soon to be Procharged.

:evilgrin: Nitrous is like a hot chick with an STD you want to hit it but are scared of the consequences. :evilgrin:

Reply #25
Then buy it and install it, if not sell it since you'll get more for it. Made your money back and some extra.

Reply #26
Like I was saying My brother in law has one he pulled out of a wrecked car and is letting me have the whole thing for less than $1000

I'd stick it in a older monty carlo, cutlass or something then.
:america: 1988 Thunderbird Sport, Former 4.6 DOHC T56 conversion project.

Rest of the country, Welcome to Massachusettes. Enjoy your stay.

Halfbreed... Mango Orange Y2K Mustang GT
FRPP complete 2000 Cobra engine swap, T56 n' junk...
~John~

Reply #27
LS1 in a 79 Cutlass.....

Reply #28
It takes a huge pair to do something like that.

In the spirit of hot rodding, I love it. :)

The only thing that would bother me is that it would appear to Chevy owners that their engine is even more ubiquitous, if that's even possible. When a Chevy 350 or similar engine is thrown into, well, anything, they think nothing of it...almost as it that's the way it should be. It would look like the Ford owner resigned himself over to that fact. "Look, I gave up on Ford motors and went with what everyone else in the hot rodding world does!"

Hence the connundrum.

However...even in the age of massive car electronics, as long as there's a working ECU the car doesn't really care what's under the hood.

Reply #29
To Chevy guys the LS1 is the ultimate motor swap IMO. Like a retard on puppies they'll stick it in ANYTHING!