Skip to main content
Topic: Oil..... (Read 4848 times) previous topic - next topic

Oil.....

.....hit freakin' $40/barrel

So......If my calculations are correct....42 gallons per barrel.....LESS THAN A DOLLAR PER GALLON OF CRUDE OIL :hick: :hick: :hick: :hick:......and of course...when this baby hits 88 miles per hour....you know the rest. ;)

SO basically Im gonna buy my self a deuce-and-a-half because you could practically run liquid #$%^ in those engines....and just dump the stuff right the hell in there. :rollin:

Ugh wired on a Friday night and nothing to do. Hopefully my friend sean gets out of work soon (workin late tonight) and we can light a way too bigass fire in my pissant $15 special fire....pot..screen-on-it-is-weaker-than-chicken-wire thing as per usual.
1987 20th Anniversary Cougar, 302 "5.0" GT-40 heads (F3ZE '93 Cobra) and TMoss Ported H.O. intake, H.O. camshaft
2.5" Duals, no cats, Flowmaster 40s, Richmond 3.73s w/ Trac-Lok, maxed out Baumann shift kit, 3000 RPM Dirty Dog non-lock TC
Aside from the Mustang crinkle headers, still looks like it's only 150 HP...
1988 Black XR7 Trick Flow top end, Tremec 3550
1988 Black XR7 Procharger P600B intercooled, Edelbrock Performer non-RPM heads, GT40 intake AOD, 13 PSI @5000 RPM. 93 octane

Oil.....

Reply #1
i know how you feel.
i just came in from working on casper because it a lovely 45 degree out side at 9pm in december in montana.  talk about a heat wave!!!!!!!!!!!
it sappose to be thatway all week end and i have 2 days off

yesterday it was 19degree's
remember it easier to fix them, than to find them after they been crushed.

V6 = juvenile delinquency!

Oil.....

Reply #2
45!!!!! Wow. Hate ya LOL. Thats nice. Oh well. Tomorrow night. It'll be !n!!!!!!
1987 20th Anniversary Cougar, 302 "5.0" GT-40 heads (F3ZE '93 Cobra) and TMoss Ported H.O. intake, H.O. camshaft
2.5" Duals, no cats, Flowmaster 40s, Richmond 3.73s w/ Trac-Lok, maxed out Baumann shift kit, 3000 RPM Dirty Dog non-lock TC
1988 Black XR7 Procharger P600B intercooled, Edelbrock Performer non-RPM heads, GT40 intake AOD, 13 PSI @5000 RPM. 93 octane

Oil.....

Reply #3
peak price was 6 times the 40year average so do the math and see how long the oil empire can hold out. 

From my perspective it appears they have enough banked to still realize an increase average barrel cost for the next 5 years or more.  This is bad news for green energy,,,,,,,,,,,BAD NEWS.

Its hard to sell / install something like below again without long term stats to support the return.  Please say it isnt so,,,,,,,, yet another reason to wonder in 10 years what the hell have we been doing not deploying green power.  the below represents about 125kva power generation to the pen 15s facility in Phoenix Az. It simply backfeeds the existing switchgear room via a phase matching inverter followed by a meter that shows the production.  Dominion power could then read thier meter then note what what the "solar" meter produced and bill the customer accordingly.  Nevermind expensive batteries and all the costs involved therein, just produce and use and meter what was green.

Oil.....

Reply #4
the potential is there. i believe we hav it un us to be self sufficciant, never mind greene. theres just too much money and politics in it too lean in that direction. its ALL going to get much worse, before it gets better.
:america: 1988 Thunderbird Sport, Former 4.6 DOHC T56 conversion project.

Rest of the country, Welcome to Massachusettes. Enjoy your stay.

Halfbreed... Mango Orange Y2K Mustang GT
FRPP complete 2000 Cobra engine swap, T56 n' junk...
~John~

Oil.....

Reply #5
here its $1.35 a Gallon but now its so  cheap i use 88 octane now insted of the cheap 86 octane.

and my cougar uses 91 octane for now
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

http://www.cardomain.com/id/Carpimp1987
1987 T-Bird AEROBIRD-GT had many many mods but is now totaled and is the car that made me want to start customizing everything all over again.
1988 T-Bird 5.0 HO DD/Sleeper/next project car :birdsmily:
1988 Cougar XR7 5.0 HO Vortech Supercharged being bulit right now :cougarsmily:

Oil.....

Reply #6
Bad for Green technology, bad for economy cars, and really bad for oil dependence. Alberta is going to crash hard in the next decade, and after seeing 71000 jobs lost nationwide this month (over half a million in the US) in the manufacturing sector, I don't know how we're going to handle it.

Oil.....

Reply #7
here its $1.35 a Gallon but now its so  cheap i use 88 octane now insted of the cheap 86 octane.

and my cougar uses 91 octane for now

Hmmm...86 octane is a little low, at least for Ohio.
What is available to everyone, as far as octane ratings? I know every state is different with them, just like the tax amount (in Ohio it's 9/10ths).

Here we have, at the minimum...
87 - regular
89 - mid-grade
91 - premium (or "high test" for you old people LOL)

Some companies like Sunoco offer at least one higher-grade premium, sometimes two. They have an Ultra 93 at most stations. The one I go to has Ultra 94 for the same price as 93. Without using an additive, I believe this is the highest octane rating available in the state. So yeah, our cops may suck here, but our gasoline is ed good LOL.

Oil.....

Reply #8
Goes 87 89 93

There is one rather large and new station near me that actually sells leaded 110 and 112. 7.99 and 8.99 per gallon respectively. Kind of a more old-school looking pump, still digital and everything but not all fancy and huge like the rest of em, off in its own little corner of the lot LOL.

Oil.....

Reply #9
Us "old folks" only had TWO types of gas to deal with. Regular, and Ethyl. No "mid grade" booshiznit
5 Mopars, an S-197, and the Turbo Twinkie[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Oil.....

Reply #10
Quote from: EricCoolCats;246439
What is available to everyone, as far as octane ratings? I know every state is different with them, just like the tax amount (in Ohio it's 9/10ths).

87 - regular
89 - mid-grade
91 - premium (or "high test" for you old people LOL)

Some companies like Sunoco offer at least one higher-grade premium, sometimes two. They have an Ultra 93 at most stations. The one I go to has Ultra 94 for the same price as 93. Without using an additive, I believe this is the highest octane rating available in the state. So yeah, our cops may suck here, but our gasoline is ed good LOL.

Yep all the the Sunocos around me go from 87 to 94. Thats what I've been putting in the Cougar, the 'Bird usually just gets 87 though.
85 Tbird 5.0
78 F150 351w
13 F150 4x4 3.5 Ecoboost

Oil.....

Reply #11
Quote from: oldraven;246436
Bad for Green technology, bad for economy cars, and really bad for oil dependence. Alberta is going to crash hard in the next decade, and after seeing 71000 jobs lost nationwide this month (over half a million in the US) in the manufacturing sector, I don't know how we're going to handle it.

I agree, Smedley. As nice as it is to fill the Saturn for $25 again, no good can come from dirt cheap oil. As you've said, it will decimate Alberta. It will also do no favours for the exploration going on right here in Nova Scotia (about 3 km from my house, in fact) and for exploration and alternative energy research anywhere. As much as I hate OPEC I hope their December meeting results in $60-$70 oil. As long as it's in that range (and as long as gas stays just under a buck a liter) there will still be incentive to produce it domestically and find alternatives while not cauing too much suffering among consumers. As long as oil is cheaper than alternatives you'll never see alternatives.

I don't think you'll see an immediate return to bloatmobiles because people would still be reluctant to make a five year commitment to paying for one - just about everyone thinks that low fuel prices are temporary. A few years of it, though, and people would be right back to their old ways. Society, as a whole, has a very short memory, as anyone who lived through the 70's and 80's can tell you.

This is the one good thing about 35MPG CAFE standards: It gives the automakers a reason to produce fuel efficient vehicles even if fuel is cheap. The fact that trucks will now have to meet the same standards will help prevent another SUV boom.
2015 Mustang GT Premium - 5.0, 6-speed, Guard Green - too much awesome for one car

1988 5.0 Thunderbird :birdsmily: SOLD SEPT 11 2010: TC front clip/hood ♣ Body & paint completed Oct 2007 ♣ 3.55 TC rear end and front brakes ♣ TC interior ♣ CHE rear control arms (adjustable lowers) ♣ 2001 Bullitt springs ♣ Energy suspension poly busings ♣ Kenne Brown subframe connectors ♣ CWE engine mounts ♣ Thundercat sequential turn signals ♣ Explorer overhead console (temp/compass display) ♣ 2.25" off-road dual exhaust ♣ T-5 transmission swap completed Jan 2009 ♣

Oil.....

Reply #12
Quote from: EricCoolCats;246439

87 - regular
89 - mid-grade
91 - premium (or "high test" for you old people LO

montana is
remember it easier to fix them, than to find them after they been crushed.

V6 = juvenile delinquency!

Oil.....

Reply #13
Quote from: Thunder Chicken;246531
This is the one good thing about 35MPG CAFE standards: It gives the automakers a reason to produce fuel efficient vehicles even if fuel is cheap. The fact that trucks will now have to meet the same standards will help prevent another SUV boom.

Yep, CAFE is our only hope, now, aside from the conscience of the consumer. We all know conscience is weak when it's up against greed, though. ;) We're all guilty of doing something the dirty way, because it was quicker, easier, or more fun. This is similar to Carter's attempts to open the Alternative Fuels can when his administration put Ethanol on the forefront the last time we had a fuel crisis. Gas got cheap again, and cars got bigger, and had more power. No one cared that they might go through it again. Now it's happening during a credit collapse, and a string of failing factories.