Skip to main content
Topic: Replacing Intake, throttle body- questions? (Read 15506 times) previous topic - next topic

Replacing Intake, throttle body- questions?

Reply #135
I'm not into melting tires either. I like 2nd to 3rd. With the short throw shifter it's a blast. I've had people pull up next to me at a light and say "What is that".
Quote from: thunderjet302;468263
Wind it out to 6000 on the highway. That's where it gets fun. I find highway pulls from 50-75 in my car more fun than burning tires.
1987 Turbo Coupe, 306, Trick Flow Track Heat heads, Comp Cam, Trick Flow Pistons, Eagle Rods, Center Force clutch, T-5, 8.8 w/373 gears, and a bunch more

Reply #136
2000-2001 Mustang 16" wheels also used these center caps.  Whether or not they match the finish on the Cobra wheels is something I have always wanted to know.  I have a set of '97 wheels with decent center caps that I ran on my Coupe for years before putting a set of Bullitts on it.  Been thinking about selling both sets and going with something different for awhile now but haven't come across anything yet.  Wheel choice makes or breaks a car.

83 351W TKO'd T-Bird on the bottle

93 331 Mustang Coupe - 368 rwhp

Reply #137
The center caps I have are just brushed aluminum. I did find one on ebay awhile back, F2DZ-1130-B, but it's painted silver. I like the Cobra rims I have. Just haven't found something I like better. The rims I have are in great shape. Have a couple of dents in my center caps compliments of Discount Tire. I agree with your wheel choice comment. With my car being dark blue the rims stand out.

Quote from: Aerocoupe;468306
2000-2001 Mustang 16" wheels also used these center caps.  Whether or not they match the finish on the Cobra wheels is something I have always wanted to know.  I have a set of '97 wheels with decent center caps that I ran on my Coupe for years before putting a set of Bullitts on it.  Been thinking about selling both sets and going with something different for awhile now but haven't come across anything yet.  Wheel choice makes or breaks a car.
1987 Turbo Coupe, 306, Trick Flow Track Heat heads, Comp Cam, Trick Flow Pistons, Eagle Rods, Center Force clutch, T-5, 8.8 w/373 gears, and a bunch more

Reply #138
X Looks like I will be going back to the stock Turbo Coupe gas tank. The Spectra gas tank from Rock Auto does not have enough of a baffle in it to stop the fuel from sloshing around when you launch. My gas gauge  near goes to "E" when I take off. I'll probably suck air if I have a 1/4 tank of fuel. The original tank is in a shop now being cleaned out and having the plate for the Tanks Inc sending unit being soldered on. Looks like I wasted a few dollars.
Have 321 miles on the car and so far she runs great. No Leaks! The Centerforce clutch is pretty stiff, compared to stock, and definitely grabs hard. Great street manners, even idling at a light. Brakes are working fine. Suspension is totally different with the frame connectors. Super stiff ride, no body roll or wheel hop. 14-1 rack makes it a blast to drive on a curvy road.
Finally had time to clean up the car. Polished it with Maguires 105. That got all the fine scratches out from the rebuild, dragging the cover on and off. Used a sealer on it, instead of wax, called Mirror Shine by Torque Detail. Took forever to polish it but looks pretty good. You just wipe on the Mirror Shine and wipe it off. Pretty easy. Nice shine.

Reply #139
Loooooking goooood!!!!
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
1988 T/C body with a 5.0 transplant. Motor has a Vortech V-2 supercharger, Edlebrock Performer RPM II intake, heads, FRPP F-303 cam, Comp Cams roller rockers, Power Pipe, LMAF, full Mac exhaust, lowered, Koni's, 5 lug conversion, Cobra wheels, 13" Cobra brakes, etc.
SOLD September 2020. Will miss this car after 19 years of building/driving/showing it off. Time for a new chapter in my life.
Dynoed 446 horse/409 torque at the wheels.
2003 Tenth Anniversary Cobra Convertible. 1 of 369 Torch Red made.
2021 Chevrolet 3500 dually, crew cab Duramax.

Reply #140
Quote from: gtbird;468730
Loooooking goooood!!!!

Thanks Rick. It's been a real challenge.

Reply #141
Quote from: gtbird;468730
Loooooking goooood!!!!
How come your car is upside down?

Reply #142
Quote from: tommym;468743
How come your car is upside down?
I don’t know why the picture loaded upside down, I can’t seem to figure out how to rotate it. I asked for help as I’m not very computer savvy but no one offered help, so it sits on its roof!
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
1988 T/C body with a 5.0 transplant. Motor has a Vortech V-2 supercharger, Edlebrock Performer RPM II intake, heads, FRPP F-303 cam, Comp Cams roller rockers, Power Pipe, LMAF, full Mac exhaust, lowered, Koni's, 5 lug conversion, Cobra wheels, 13" Cobra brakes, etc.
SOLD September 2020. Will miss this car after 19 years of building/driving/showing it off. Time for a new chapter in my life.

Reply #143
You have to rotate the picture you used 180 degrees, save it and then reload it as your avatar and into your signature.  The program Paint can rotate images and that comes loaded on any Windows machine.  If you are using a 3rd party hosting site like Photo Bucket they also have editing software that can rotate the stored image.

83 351W TKO'd T-Bird on the bottle

93 331 Mustang Coupe - 368 rwhp

Reply #144
I took my pictures on my iPad and uploaded them here, I think that may be the problem. I’ll see if my son can help me figure it out or acquire some editing software.
When I was still working, my computer was windows based and I knew how to edit such things, but Apple products kind of confuse me on occasion.
Darren, thanks for the input/advice.
Rick
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Reply #145
You're not alone when it comes to computers. I wish the Grandkids lived closer so they can teach me.
Quote from: gtbird;468759
I took my pictures on my iPad and uploaded them here, I think that may be the problem. I’ll see if my son can help me figure it out or acquire some editing software.
When I was still working, my computer was windows based and I knew how to edit such things, but Apple products kind of confuse me on occasion.
Darren, thanks for the input/advice.
Rick