Skip to main content
Topic: The Ultimate Ontario Route! (Read 7579 times) previous topic - next topic

The Ultimate Ontario Route!

Reply #30
After talking to a few people, namely the old man who drives down there more often than I do.... he recommended the change.  Traffic concerns was the primary reason....

Is this a good idea baxo?  Do you have another suggestion?
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
Operation: X Marks the Spot
5.0L SEFI, AOD, 8.8" 3.02 TracLok - All Stock

Reply #31
I guess it all depends on the time of the day, I'm just a type of guy that likes to pick the shortest routes, and I just find that the 403 way is slightly "out of the way" and 427 is more of a direct route. Honestly it just all comes down to preference. Either route takes you from point A to point B

Reply #32
Does that change affect the likelyhood you'd be able to join us?
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Reply #33
Oh absolutely not, I live about 25 minutes away from where you'll be crossing the border, I'm farther down on your route from that!

Reply #34
Where exactly is the spot you'll be crossing?
I'm not that good if I'm not on the QEW
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
***** Project "EVOLUTION" 1987 Cougar LS  & 1985 Cougar Convertible *****
[/COLOR]
5.0 HO 306 roller block, machined GT-40P heads, Wiseco dished forged pistons, Eagle forged floating I-beam connecting rods, Lunati pushrods, ARP bolts, Scorpion aluminum 1.6 rockers, Comp Cams Magnum 266HR, Explorer intake, 65mm TB, MAF Conversion, 19# injectors, Ford Racing stainless P-headers, 2-1/2" cat-less exhaust w/ Flowtech Afterburner lers , SC AOD with 2800 BDR torque converter, 3.73 T-Lok rear, CHE rear control arms, full 2-1/2" frame w/1" jacking rails & seat supports, Rear disk brakes, Turbine wheels, All original interior w/ floor shift upgrade .......
Pretty much every panel on my 87 is new, rebuilt, or re constructed. :D
Join us on Facebook

Reply #35
The QEW ends right at the Peace Bridge (Fort Erie / Buffalo border crossing). Which then goes to the I-190, that goes to the I-90. Hope that helps

Reply #36
OK I get it now
I never knew it ended there. I always crossed at the Queenston-Lewiston bridge. . I was just trying to picture the route he was taking without looking it up. I should have known better then trusting my memory. lol
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
[/COLOR]
5.0 HO 306 roller block, machined GT-40P heads, Wiseco dished forged pistons, Eagle forged floating I-beam connecting rods, Lunati pushrods, ARP bolts, Scorpion aluminum 1.6 rockers, Comp Cams Magnum 266HR, Explorer intake, 65mm TB, MAF Conversion, 19# injectors, Ford Racing stainless P-headers, 2-1/2" cat-less exhaust w/ Flowtech Afterburner lers , SC AOD with 2800 BDR torque converter, 3.73 T-Lok rear, CHE rear control arms, full 2-1/2" frame w/1" jacking rails & seat supports, Rear disk brakes, Turbine wheels, All original interior w/ floor shift upgrade .......
Join us on Facebook

Reply #37
Learn something new every day eh? It starts at the Peace Bridge, and turns into the Gardiner Expressway in Toronto

Reply #38
That one I knew, the Gardiner is no friend of mine in rush hour. esp. on a game night
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
[/COLOR]
Join us on Facebook

Life Can Really Suck

Reply #39
Exactly one month to go before CJ, I am more excited than ever. Which is why I am now disappointed more than ever. Where it really sucks is it's for the usual :bs: reasons. Life just keeps throwing curve balls.

I can't make it to CatJam this year.

Money just kept getting tighter and tighter. And this is a very citical summer for my family (forgive me for not wanting to go into details on that one).

SaltNPepper started a new job earlier this year, and is now finding out how pathetic management is... they're not even letting her take the July 11-14 off!! Oh sure, she gets a few days, but usually only when they say.

So, sometimes I am glad this is a forum and nobody can see how upset I really am... :mad: :evilgrin: :punchballs: :( :disappoin :( :shakehead

I wish the caravan I tried to organize all the best of luck at getting something going.

I'd also wish that while everybody's down there, havin' a grand ol' time, to spare a thought for the Crazy Canuk Siblings!

I am even more determined for next year.

Until Then... Go Cougar Go.
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Reply #40
Don't worry, I'm bringing my camera and laptop with me.
I'll post pics every day from there.

So, who's left to caravan?
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
[/COLOR]
Join us on Facebook

Reply #41
Quote from: daminc;223056
Don't worry, I'm bringing my camera and laptop with me.
I'll post pics every day from there.

Awesome, I'm gonna hold you to that :)
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Reply #42
Quote from: cougarXLS;223208
Awesome, I'm gonna hold you to that :)

No problem, There will be dog rescue picnic pics with that too.
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
[/COLOR]
Join us on Facebook

Reply #43
Quote from: daminc;223236
No problem, There will be dog rescue picnic pics with that too.

Lol, I finally got that.... thanks daminc!!!
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]