Skip to main content
Topic: "PROJECT EVOLUTION" (The Movie) (Read 1282 times) previous topic - next topic

"PROJECT EVOLUTION" (The Movie)

I felt it was hard to get a feel for the project through pictures, so I decided to make a 20 min guided tour of the progress up to this point.
Here are 4 movie clips of the project. It's a little shaky, seeing I had to crawl around and hold the cam. Mabe the next video, I can talk someone into holding the cam while I describe the situation.

Enjoy
Part 1
http://s233.photobucket.com/albums/ee79/daminc/video/cougar%20tour/?action=view¤t=Cougartourpart1.flv

Part 2
http://s233.photobucket.com/albums/ee79/daminc/video/cougar%20tour/?action=view¤t=Cougartourpart2.flv

Part 3
http://s233.photobucket.com/albums/ee79/daminc/video/cougar%20tour/?action=view¤t=Cougartourpart3.flv

Part 4
http://s233.photobucket.com/albums/ee79/daminc/video/cougar%20tour/?action=view¤t=Cougartourpart4.flv
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
***** Project "EVOLUTION" 1987 Cougar LS  & 1985 Cougar Convertible *****
[/COLOR]
5.0 HO 306 roller block, machined GT-40P heads, Wiseco dished forged pistons, Eagle forged floating I-beam connecting rods, Lunati pushrods, ARP bolts, Scorpion aluminum 1.6 rockers, Comp Cams Magnum 266HR, Explorer intake, 65mm TB, MAF Conversion, 19# injectors, Ford Racing stainless P-headers, 2-1/2" cat-less exhaust w/ Flowtech Afterburner lers , SC AOD with 2800 BDR torque converter, 3.73 T-Lok rear, CHE rear control arms, full 2-1/2" frame w/1" jacking rails & seat supports, Rear disk brakes, Turbine wheels, All original interior w/ floor shift upgrade .......
Pretty much every panel on my 87 is new, rebuilt, or re constructed. :D
Join us on Facebook

Reply #1
Haha this is awesome, actually i like the POV, camera.. it's very Blair Witch like!

Reply #2
Quote from: baxo;240502
Haha this is awesome, actually i like the POV, camera.. it's very Blair Witch like!

That's funny, I never looked at it that way.
You can be the camera man next time.
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
[/COLOR]
5.0 HO 306 roller block, machined GT-40P heads, Wiseco dished forged pistons, Eagle forged floating I-beam connecting rods, Lunati pushrods, ARP bolts, Scorpion aluminum 1.6 rockers, Comp Cams Magnum 266HR, Explorer intake, 65mm TB, MAF Conversion, 19# injectors, Ford Racing stainless P-headers, 2-1/2" cat-less exhaust w/ Flowtech Afterburner lers , SC AOD with 2800 BDR torque converter, 3.73 T-Lok rear, CHE rear control arms, full 2-1/2" frame w/1" jacking rails & seat supports, Rear disk brakes, Turbine wheels, All original interior w/ floor shift upgrade .......
Join us on Facebook

Reply #3
haha deal! I gota head that way soon anways and pick up my jacket

Reply #4
Quote from: baxo;240502

Pfft. The rust on that car was scarier than any Blair Bitch...
2015 Mustang GT Premium - 5.0, 6-speed, Guard Green - too much awesome for one car

1988 5.0 Thunderbird :birdsmily: SOLD SEPT 11 2010: TC front clip/hood ♣ Body & paint completed Oct 2007 ♣ 3.55 TC rear end and front brakes ♣ TC interior ♣ CHE rear control arms (adjustable lowers) ♣ 2001 Bullitt springs ♣ Energy suspension poly busings ♣ Kenne Brown subframe connectors ♣ CWE engine mounts ♣ Thundercat sequential turn signals ♣ Explorer overhead console (temp/compass display) ♣ 2.25" off-road dual exhaust ♣ T-5 transmission swap completed Jan 2009 ♣

Reply #5
Quote from: Thunder Chicken;240622
Pfft. The rust on that car was scarier than any Blair Bitch...

I laughed through both of them. :D
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
[/COLOR]
Join us on Facebook

Reply #6
Ya know I've followed the whole thread, and have seen all that you've done to it, and then watching the video shocks me some more...I guess seeing it all at once "all this has been replaced" etc shows the magnitude of it better. I can't count how many times you said "replaced" LOL. Looks great. That thing is gonna be absolutely bitchin' when it's done, especially with H.O. and all the other goodies. :cool:
1987 20th Anniversary Cougar, 302 "5.0" GT-40 heads (F3ZE '93 Cobra) and TMoss Ported H.O. intake, H.O. camshaft
2.5" Duals, no cats, Flowmaster 40s, Richmond 3.73s w/ Trac-Lok, maxed out Baumann shift kit, 3000 RPM Dirty Dog non-lock TC
Aside from the Mustang crinkle headers, still looks like it's only 150 HP...
1988 Black XR7 Trick Flow top end, Tremec 3550
1988 Black XR7 Procharger P600B intercooled, Edelbrock Performer non-RPM heads, GT40 intake AOD, 13 PSI @5000 RPM. 93 octane

Reply #7
What color are you painting the Cat?
'88 Sport--T-5,MGW shifter,Trick Flow R intake,Ed Curtis cam,Trick Flow heads,Scorpion rockers,75mm Accufab t-body,3G,mini starter,Taurus fan,BBK long tube headers,O/R H-Pipe, Flowamaster Super 44's, deep and deeper Cobra R wheels, Mass Air and 24's,8.8 with 3.73's,140 mph speedo,Mach 1 chin spoiler,SN-95 springs,CHE control arms,aluminum drive shaft and a lot more..

Reply #8
Quote from: vinnietbird;240661
What color are you painting the Cat?

I think, i've got enough balls to try to pull off black. It will definitely show off the quality of the body work. The whole car is getting stripped, primed and blocked anyway.

Besides, those silver turbines will be killer on a black car
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
[/COLOR]
Join us on Facebook