Skip to main content
Topic: might be buying a Mark VII (Read 2806 times) previous topic - next topic

might be buying a Mark VII

an older customer came in to the shop today, I knew he has a couple mk7's and 8's. well, he says i cant drive them all, and i need to sell my oldest mark7 LSC. he shoots me a price, i say "sold'' ( price was right!)  ,then he mentions it has a ford racing Crate engine in it!!  going to pick it up this weekend.  from what i remember the car was a litttle rusty, but its been a while... will keep you posted.
-pete
july/88 turbo coupe auto

Reply #2
score one for the good guys! Cant wait to see......

1983 FORD THUNDERBIRD HERITAGE 5.0
2008 SAAB 9-7X AERO 6.0 (LS2) 1 0f 554 Made
2011 FORD FLEX SEL Family Hauler

Reply #3
I could've swore I posted on this last night. Oh well. I've always liked/wanted an LSC!!

Reply #4
Nice !!! I do have to ask.what is the "right price"? It's O.K. to share.
'88 Sport--T-5,MGW shifter,Trick Flow R intake,Ed Curtis cam,Trick Flow heads,Scorpion rockers,75mm Accufab t-body,3G,mini starter,Taurus fan,BBK long tube headers,O/R H-Pipe, Flowamaster Super 44's, deep and deeper Cobra R wheels, Mass Air and 24's,8.8 with 3.73's,140 mph speedo,Mach 1 chin spoiler,SN-95 springs,CHE control arms,aluminum drive shaft and a lot more..

Reply #5
Quote from: 1Bad88tbird;388208
Nice! I've always wanted one.

Quote from: 1Bad88tbird;388225
I could've swore I posted on this last night. Oh well. I've always liked/wanted an LSC!!

Lol you did? :p

Pictures are required! Congratz!
...and there was light!

Reply #6
Haha yeah it was late and I kept going back and fourth between here and facebook so I probably hit enter instead of hitting the quick reply button. lol!

Reply #7
i just got back from looking at it. it is a little rusty, and its been sitting for a while. you can see its got air suspension troubles. its a 1990 lsc, it has a m-6007-a50 GT40 motor in it with about 3k miles. cobra upper and lower intake and a beefed up AOD. runs sweet but the lers are rotted off. also has motorsport shorty headers too.  is it worth $700?

-pete
july/88 turbo coupe auto

Reply #8
I'd rock that all day for $700, that's a steal!!!!
95 Ranger Splash 2.3
88 Tbird Sport :ies::ies:
5.0 SO, stainless shorty headers, w/ Magnaflow lers. KYB struts, KYB shocks. 5lug conversion from sn95 Mustang, subframe connectors, drilled and slotted rotors, 03 Mach 1 wheels. sequential taillights.140 speedo

Reply #9
Agreed, it's a steal.
1986 Mercury Cougar - 2.3T/T5 swap, TC brakes and suspension and rearend, 3" exhaust, 255 lph fuel pump, Stinger BOV, Gillis MBC @ 18 psi
2003 Chevy Suburban Z71 - Daily driver
2015 Chevy Volt - Wife's daily driver

Reply #10
If it was close to me I'd buy it for that! Hell the engine alone is worth more than that. I'd have a new toy! lol!!

Reply #11
The best deals I EVER see on cars are on this website. Give ya 701 for it. :)
-'88 Tbird 3.8
-2012 Altima 2.5 BASE. 
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Future: Budget 5.0 300 HP.

Reply #12
i figured it was a good deal.  it.  i am broke and have no place to put it, but i think i can swing it. he said he'd hold it for me for a bit.
-pete
july/88 turbo coupe auto

Reply #13
Quote from: cougarman;388272
I'd rock that all day for $700, that's a steal!!!!

This X 2!
...and there was light!

Reply #14
i am going to try and get it next weekend.  right now my plan is to remove the drivetrain and part the car out.
-pete
july/88 turbo coupe auto