Skip to main content
Topic: Shadow....UPDATE .. (Read 50232 times) previous topic - next topic

Shadow....UPDATE ..

Reply #165
Chris Kostiak Monday at 3:08am ·

goal for the week.. finish wastegate tube and weld it to the manifold, port manifold, fix fuel leak (which is probably my sending unit), finish downpipe, gut the upper intake, knife and port the lower, find my stock SC throttle body, find the right fitting for my oil feed line, get my front mount, stand around and scratch my head, try to figure out how to run the front mount plumbing, punch myself for getting into such a headache, punch myself again because i still don't have a BOV (done)

Sorry Vinnie, I don't think you are in his agenda :-(

Shadow....UPDATE ..

Reply #166
I just noticed how quiet it has been in here.  Shadow hasn't had any board activity since April 25th!  Oh no, his 10.15 per day post average is going to drop!  I hope he didn't stop coming here because he didn't send Vinnie's refund.
1986 Mercury Cougar - 2.3T/T5 swap, TC brakes and suspension and rearend, 3" exhaust, 255 lph fuel pump, Stinger BOV, Gillis MBC @ 18 psi
2003 Chevy Suburban Z71 - Daily driver
2015 Chevy Volt - Wife's daily driver

Shadow....UPDATE ..

Reply #167
Funny how his internet randomly started quitting, but I'll bet he has been on every other forum. Shadow is 25, my age, and he has a honda. He also sells "custom" turbo kits for them, as well as asking how to do tune ups.
Quote from: jcassity
I honestly dont think you could exceed the cost of a new car buy installing new *stock* parts everywhere in your coug our tbird. Its just plain impossible. You could revamp the entire drivetrain/engine/suspenstion and still come out ahead.
Hooligans! 
1988 Crown Vic wagon. 120K California car. Wifes grocery getter. (junked)
1987 Ford Thunderbird LX. 5.0. s.o., sn-95 t-5 and an f-150 clutch. Driven daily and going strong.
1986 cougar.
lilsammywasapunkrocker@yahoo.com

Shadow....UPDATE ..

Reply #168
Logged in a 9 am yesterday on sbftech. He doesn't post w there snywheres near as much.

http://sbftech.com/index.php?action=profile;u=7120
Quote from: jcassity
I honestly dont think you could exceed the cost of a new car buy installing new *stock* parts everywhere in your coug our tbird. Its just plain impossible. You could revamp the entire drivetrain/engine/suspenstion and still come out ahead.
Hooligans! 
1988 Crown Vic wagon. 120K California car. Wifes grocery getter. (junked)
1987 Ford Thunderbird LX. 5.0. s.o., sn-95 t-5 and an f-150 clutch. Driven daily and going strong.
1986 cougar.
lilsammywasapunkrocker@yahoo.com

Shadow....UPDATE ..

Reply #169
Quote from: Haystack;388673
Funny how his internet randomly started quitting, but I'll bet he has been on every other forum. Shadow is 25, my age, and he has a honda. He also sells "custom" turbo kits for them, as well as asking how to do tune ups.

HAHAHAHA...wow.

So, if I have this correctly: He mutilates S-10's, asks for help on Honda forums on how to do tune-ups yet sells turbo kits for them,and screws nice COMPETENT people on the board, even though they've probably saved him thousands in repair work. His mom sends his mail (and probably does his laundry still) and his internet provider is less stable than the Middle East. Nice. Sounds like a bro.
-'88 Tbird 3.8
-2012 Altima 2.5 BASE. 
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Future: Budget 5.0 300 HP.

Shadow....UPDATE ..

Reply #170
Let's let this simmer until Vinnie has an update one way or another.
Long live the 4-eyes!  - '83 Tbird Turbo

Shadow....UPDATE ..

Reply #171
Post w should have his nuts cut,so he can't breed. Sorry had to say something for my first post on this subject.
Old Grey Cat to this.88 Cat, 5.0 HO, CW mounts, mass air, CI custom cam, afr165's, Tmoss worked cobra intake, BBK shorty's,off road h pipe, magnaflow ex. T-5,spec stage 2 clutch, 8.8 373 TC trac loc, che ajustables with bullits on the rear. 11" brakes up front. +

Shadow....UPDATE ..

Reply #172
Quote from: RunninWild;388677
HAHAHAHA...wow.

So, if I have this correctly: He mutilates S-10's, asks for help on Honda forums on how to do tune-ups yet sells turbo kits for them,and screws nice COMPETENT people on the board, even though they've probably saved him thousands in repair work. His mom sends his mail (and probably does his laundry still) and his internet provider is less stable than the Middle East. Nice. Sounds like a bro.

:laughing:
88 Cougar LS 5.0 .030 over, ported E7s with GT40 valves & trickflow springs, Proform roller rockers, HO cam, removed air silencer, K&N filter, smog pump delete, 2.25" dual flowmasters, Pacestter H-pipe & headers, HO computer, 65mm TB, Explorer intake, 19# injecters, 3.45s, rebuilt posi, and TCI shift kit.

Shadow....UPDATE ..

Reply #173
Finally. Mail JUST got here. And guess what I actually find in the mailbox? Sales papers. Junk mail. My insurance bill. Yep, that's it. as expected. Nothing from Chris Kostiak (Shadow). Glad I wasn't holding my breath, or expecting good business ethics from him, otherwise, I may have been disappointed.
'88 Sport--T-5,MGW shifter,Trick Flow R intake,Ed Curtis cam,Trick Flow heads,Scorpion rockers,75mm Accufab t-body,3G,mini starter,Taurus fan,BBK long tube headers,O/R H-Pipe, Flowamaster Super 44's, deep and deeper Cobra R wheels, Mass Air and 24's,8.8 with 3.73's,140 mph speedo,Mach 1 chin spoiler,SN-95 springs,CHE control arms,aluminum drive shaft and a lot more..

Shadow....UPDATE ..

Reply #174
Im sorry to say it Vinnie, I doubt you're getting a refund. This has been going on for almost a month, I vote for a banned.
88 Cougar LS 5.0 .030 over, ported E7s with GT40 valves & trickflow springs, Proform roller rockers, HO cam, removed air silencer, K&N filter, smog pump delete, 2.25" dual flowmasters, Pacestter H-pipe & headers, HO computer, 65mm TB, Explorer intake, 19# injecters, 3.45s, rebuilt posi, and TCI shift kit.

Shadow....UPDATE ..

Reply #175
I actually don't expect anything from him. Was I hoping he would do the right thing? Of course. Perhaps it's lost somewhere....or whatever. My concern is that people beware. I hope it was worth what he got out of it.

As far as breaking out the ban stick, I am not posting any opinion on that in either direction. That's not my decision to make, so, I'll just stay away from that.

As far as Chris goes, He has proven his business ethics to me. Maybe the refund will show, maybe it won't. At this point, he is beyond worrying about.
'88 Sport--T-5,MGW shifter,Trick Flow R intake,Ed Curtis cam,Trick Flow heads,Scorpion rockers,75mm Accufab t-body,3G,mini starter,Taurus fan,BBK long tube headers,O/R H-Pipe, Flowamaster Super 44's, deep and deeper Cobra R wheels, Mass Air and 24's,8.8 with 3.73's,140 mph speedo,Mach 1 chin spoiler,SN-95 springs,CHE control arms,aluminum drive shaft and a lot more..

Shadow....UPDATE ..

Reply #176
Quote from: vinnietbird;388760
I actually don't expect anything from him. Was I hoping he would do the right thing? Of course. Perhaps it's lost somewhere....or whatever. My concern is that people beware. I hope it was worth what he got out of it.

As far as breaking out the ban stick, I am not posting any opinion on that in either direction. That's not my decision to make, so, I'll just stay away from that.

As far as Chris goes, He has proven his business ethics to me. Maybe the refund will show, maybe it won't. At this point, he is beyond worrying about.

Banning is not my decision either but when someone that helps anyone if he can gets burned, I voice my opinion. Good luck Vinnie.

Shadow....UPDATE ..

Reply #177
I sent him a message through facebook. I stated I still hadn't get any mail from him. He replied " I don't know what to tell you. I dropped it in the mailbox Saturday. Probably wasn't picked up til Monday". I remember quite clearly telling him to send it through priority mail with a tracking number. Either way, if it shows up, it shows up. At this point, it won't change anything.

Bottom line, ask questions before you deal with people. USE THE FEEDBACK SYSTEM WE HAVE HERE !!!!! I always ask the buyer of anything I sell to leave whatever feedback they feel is appropriate. If you do good business, it should always be positive and you'll have nothing to worry about.

Shadow....UPDATE ..

Reply #178
Quote from: RunninWild;388677
HAHAHAHA...wow.

Glad someone said pretty much what I thought when he first joined. Renzo has shown off what his business has built as a testament to his claims, however he doesn't have some goofy-ass signature pimping his business like anyone on here gives two hoots. How many people on here are in south jersey? One? Two? Way to waste effort advertising. Oh how original, a slammed S10. With a VEEEE EIGHT you say??? Oh that's right it's 2002 and no one's done that yet, bravo!! LOL
1987 20th Anniversary Cougar, 302 "5.0" GT-40 heads (F3ZE '93 Cobra) and TMoss Ported H.O. intake, H.O. camshaft
2.5" Duals, no cats, Flowmaster 40s, Richmond 3.73s w/ Trac-Lok, maxed out Baumann shift kit, 3000 RPM Dirty Dog non-lock TC
Aside from the Mustang crinkle headers, still looks like it's only 150 HP...
1988 Black XR7 Trick Flow top end, Tremec 3550
1988 Black XR7 Procharger P600B intercooled, Edelbrock Performer non-RPM heads, GT40 intake AOD, 13 PSI @5000 RPM. 93 octane

Shadow....UPDATE ..

Reply #179
Quote from: Chuck W;388678
Let's let this simmer until Vinnie has an update one way or another.
Simmer? I think the pot has already boiled over. lol Are you getting that ban stick warmed up yet?