Skip to main content
Topic: window off track and stuck down!!! (Read 1184 times) previous topic - next topic

window off track and stuck down!!!

So my window fell off its track today! i am taking the door apart to get to it but i cant figure out how to take the top of the door panel off! i got the arm rest and speaker guard off and i got the lower door panel popped off but i cant figure out what is holding the top of the door panel on!
1987 turbo coupe 5speed: Boport stage 3 head/2.5 cam , Precision stage 3 50trim .63 turbo, Tial 38mm wastegate, Jangus gutted/ported intake manifolds, 60mm tb, Jangus open dumptube, Jangus 3" elbow, Perrin boost controller,Esslinger adjustable cam pulley, Esslinger small crank pulley, stinger FMI, RFL BOV, Spec stage 3 clutch, B&M short throw, 140 speedo, Walbo 255lph, BBK fpr, 3G alternator, ARP studs.  Be faster... :poke:

Reply #1
The top slides up, I am sure you took loose the screws for the pull strap.

That is the worse thing with the TCs door panels,  you have to completely disassemble them to take them off!
...and there was light!

Reply #2
You have to pull upward on the door panel.  Just make sure you have all the fasteners out and it should pull right up.
'88 'bird, 10.9:1 306 w/TFS top end, forged rods/pistons, T-5 swap & bunch of other stuff, 1-family owned, had it since ‘98, 5.0tbrd88 on Instagram and YouTube

Reply #3
Thank you for the help. I got it back on the rollers to have it stay up but whenever i roll it down it doesnt follow like something is rubbing up against it not letting it go down. Any ideas.
1987 turbo coupe 5speed: Boport stage 3 head/2.5 cam , Precision stage 3 50trim .63 turbo, Tial 38mm wastegate, Jangus gutted/ported intake manifolds, 60mm tb, Jangus open dumptube, Jangus 3" elbow, Perrin boost controller,Esslinger adjustable cam pulley, Esslinger small crank pulley, stinger FMI, RFL BOV, Spec stage 3 clutch, B&M short throw, 140 speedo, Walbo 255lph, BBK fpr, 3G alternator, ARP studs.  Be faster... :poke:

Reply #4
You have to glue it in the mounts. Window weld works very well for this and is available at any auto parts store.

turbo charged 94 Cobra engine/440cc injectors/megasquirt /5 speed swapped (T5)/maxbox upper intake/70mm PP throttle body/AJE coilovers/2003 Mustang control arms/S.T. sway bars/ES rear control arm bushings/11" brake conversion/manual rack conversion/8.8 TC rear with rear discs and a welded diff/3.73 gears/PLX wideband/199mph speedometer/Aeromotive FPR/CNC hydraulic hand brake/cobra R wheels/....ect.

Reply #5
Auto body urethane or aquarium glass silicone.
-- 05 Mustang GT-Whipplecharged !!
--87 5.0 Trick Flow Heads & Intake - Custom Cam - Many other goodies...3100Lbs...Low12's!

Reply #6
okay thank you very much for the help!