Skip to main content
Topic: Super duty fox 460 e4od fox monster (Read 1539 times) previous topic - next topic

Super duty fox 460 e4od fox monster

Massive reconstruct of tunnel to clear the  f super duty combo , sequential 460 and E4OD 1410 drive shaft . using complete 30,000 mile 91 f SD for drivetrains and computer ,all electrical and fuel components were modified to fit fox body GT 350. This has been a one year project but is nearing completion. Can't wait for road test , it should be very reliable driver considering I'm using complete components from donor.the 460 won't know its not in the truck anymore except for the oil pump n pan and header exhaust combo ,even with double subframe connectors  the fox is much lighter and more nimble than the super duty flat bed .performance may cause a lot of haters and lots of grins when thrown around a corner and whack the loud pedal.sounds like much fun . what do you think?

Reply #1
Looks like a Mustang ;).

All joking aside, my dad has a 91 e-250 HD van, the rear spring pack is like 6" thick, powered by a 460/e4pd combo. It runs good, but has really low gearing. The guy my dad bought it from says it gets 6mpg towing and 6mpg if you arent, so you might as well tow. We were getting between 8-10mpg, but the gearing is really short so freeway kills it.

Should be an interesting combo, I'd like to see it run.
Quote from: jcassity
I honestly dont think you could exceed the cost of a new car buy installing new *stock* parts everywhere in your coug our tbird. Its just plain impossible. You could revamp the entire drivetrain/engine/suspenstion and still come out ahead.
Hooligans! 
1988 Crown Vic wagon. 120K California car. Wifes grocery getter. (junked)
1987 Ford Thunderbird LX. 5.0. s.o., sn-95 t-5 and an f-150 clutch. Driven daily and going strong.
1986 cougar.
lilsammywasapunkrocker@yahoo.com

Reply #2
This is awesome, I've always wanted to do that fuel injected 460 with a zf5 or maybe zf6 and 2.73s haha. Very interesting!

Reply #3
I think it's cool... Plus I have a F-350 box truck with 460 & E4OD...

No I ain't gonna swap it into my Bird...