Skip to main content
Topic: What movies have your cars been in? (Read 2778 times) previous topic - next topic

What movies have your cars been in?

I'm a bit of a film nerd.  Whilst nerding out, I just stumbled upon imcdb.org (the Internet Movie Car Database) and have now wasted several hours there.

My '88 prominently stars alongside Tom Selleck in 1989's "An Innocent Man" - http://imcdb.org/vehicle_606886-Ford-Thunderbird-1988.html

Was actually looking for movie appearances of 1983 Chrysler Cordobas.  Was disappointed to find only a single obscure cameo. http://imcdb.org/vehicle_611189-Chrysler-Cordoba-1983.html  It was a piece of , but I do miss that car.
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
"Rusty Roadrage"
Rollin deep in the '88 3.8.

Reply #1
Mine wasn't on a movie but it was on Gearz with Stacey David........if that counts.
'88 Sport--T-5,MGW shifter,Trick Flow R intake,Ed Curtis cam,Trick Flow heads,Scorpion rockers,75mm Accufab t-body,3G,mini starter,Taurus fan,BBK long tube headers,O/R H-Pipe, Flowamaster Super 44's, deep and deeper Cobra R wheels, Mass Air and 24's,8.8 with 3.73's,140 mph speedo,Mach 1 chin spoiler,SN-95 springs,CHE control arms,aluminum drive shaft and a lot more..

Reply #2
I see our cars in movies all the time. There was one in at least 4 episodes of "breaking bad" i just noticed this past week. I love seeing our cars, i wonder how many have owners on this forum

Reply #3
Quote from: vinnietbird;455639
Mine wasn't on a movie but it was on Gearz with Stacey David........if that counts.

That's awesome!  Is the episode available online?

Definitely didn't catch the Breaking Bad appearances, but I think the show had run its course by the time we got the bird and our eyes opened to them.  It would be cool to see a forum member pop up, it's always nice to learn that a movie car has been taken car of.  The Ecto-1a is a sad example - http://www.moviefone.com/2013/10/15/ghostbusters-car-photo/. On the brighter side, if you've been following Ash vs Evil Dead - he's driving the VERY SAME '73 Oldsmobile Delta 88 from the original Evil Dead.  Sam Raimi still owns it, and it's been in almost every movie he's made since.
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
"Rusty Roadrage"

Reply #4
Not my car but in Apr '13 I took a buddies '65 Stang to a afternoon shooting of Investigation Discovery's Happily Never After series(The Vanishing Bride)... They used it for three or four days of shooting, I only took it the one day as he was busy elsewhere...

Only picture I have on line, but the Stang is prominently featured throughout the program...

Reply #5
Quote from: skrimace;455647
That's awesome!  Is the episode available online?

I would guess that it is. I'm not sure which episode. I'll try to find out.
'88 Sport--T-5,MGW shifter,Trick Flow R intake,Ed Curtis cam,Trick Flow heads,Scorpion rockers,75mm Accufab t-body,3G,mini starter,Taurus fan,BBK long tube headers,O/R H-Pipe, Flowamaster Super 44's, deep and deeper Cobra R wheels, Mass Air and 24's,8.8 with 3.73's,140 mph speedo,Mach 1 chin spoiler,SN-95 springs,CHE control arms,aluminum drive shaft and a lot more..

Reply #6
If ya just wanna see a fox, almost every 90's movie has at least one in it in any driving around scene. There is a mark7 they use quite a bit in the nic cage gone in 60 seconds and the bad guy in ace ventura drives a 4 eyed tbird.

We had a movie thread somewhere...
Quote from: jcassity
I honestly dont think you could exceed the cost of a new car buy installing new *stock* parts everywhere in your coug our tbird. Its just plain impossible. You could revamp the entire drivetrain/engine/suspenstion and still come out ahead.
Hooligans! 
1988 Crown Vic wagon. 120K California car. Wifes grocery getter. (junked)
1987 Ford Thunderbird LX. 5.0. s.o., sn-95 t-5 and an f-150 clutch. Driven daily and going strong.
1986 cougar.
lilsammywasapunkrocker@yahoo.com

Reply #7
Gorgeous 'stang! 

If ya just wanna see a fox...

Nah, I wanna see that car that you'd swear is yours.

Sure, there's a lot of fox bodies in flicks, but I'm also a big Econoline fan - and pretty much every movie made since 1961 has an Econoline in it somewhere.  Still, I've never caught an identical of my old E-250 CW in a flick:

Some sspooge sucker stole it.  Loved that two tone $#!7 brown.  Did not love the 5 MPG so much...
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
"Rusty Roadrage"