Skip to main content
Topic: Seen: Absolutely nothing (Read 1157 times) previous topic - next topic

Seen: Absolutely nothing

My CL webroutine involves searching all major cities in the Northeast and some of the mid-Atlantic.

Over the past 3-4 months it's been a real drought. Last year I felt like I saw a lot of Birds/Cats for sale. Reasonable prices too.

I just like looking at all the combos out there. Hopefully it turns around soon LOL
1987 20th Anniversary Cougar, 302 "5.0" GT-40 heads (F3ZE '93 Cobra) and TMoss Ported H.O. intake, H.O. camshaft
2.5" Duals, no cats, Flowmaster 40s, Richmond 3.73s w/ Trac-Lok, maxed out Baumann shift kit, 3000 RPM Dirty Dog non-lock TC
Aside from the Mustang crinkle headers, still looks like it's only 150 HP...
1988 Black XR7 Trick Flow top end, Tremec 3550
1988 Black XR7 Procharger P600B intercooled, Edelbrock Performer non-RPM heads, GT40 intake AOD, 13 PSI @5000 RPM. 93 octane

Reply #1
I've started using facebook classifieds.

I fought (and still hate) facebook forever, but it seems to have taken over. I've seen cars that were listed on Craigslist that I couldnt contact re-posted on facebook.
Quote from: jcassity
I honestly dont think you could exceed the cost of a new car buy installing new *stock* parts everywhere in your coug our tbird. Its just plain impossible. You could revamp the entire drivetrain/engine/suspenstion and still come out ahead.
Hooligans! 
1988 Crown Vic wagon. 120K California car. Wifes grocery getter. (junked)
1987 Ford Thunderbird LX. 5.0. s.o., sn-95 t-5 and an f-150 clutch. Driven daily and going strong.
1986 cougar.
lilsammywasapunkrocker@yahoo.com

Reply #2
Going back through some of my old posts, I was just looking at a thread from 6 or 7 years ago when I was saying the same thing... I can only imagine it's gotten worse since :(
--Steve
[thread=28690]1988 Cougar V6[/thread]
2012 F-150 3.7L
2011 Mustang 3.7L

Reply #4
HOLY sheeeit that second one blinded me :rollin:
Yeah seems to be a steady supply out your way...

staxx - I keep fighting that too. CL is so routine, and I like the organization and speed that I can search through it at. There are several different FB pages around here, just for car parts alone! I suppose the fact that anyone can comment on the listing kinda brings some sellers back down to earth ;)
1987 20th Anniversary Cougar, 302 "5.0" GT-40 heads (F3ZE '93 Cobra) and TMoss Ported H.O. intake, H.O. camshaft
2.5" Duals, no cats, Flowmaster 40s, Richmond 3.73s w/ Trac-Lok, maxed out Baumann shift kit, 3000 RPM Dirty Dog non-lock TC
Aside from the Mustang crinkle headers, still looks like it's only 150 HP...
1988 Black XR7 Trick Flow top end, Tremec 3550
1988 Black XR7 Procharger P600B intercooled, Edelbrock Performer non-RPM heads, GT40 intake AOD, 13 PSI @5000 RPM. 93 octane

Reply #5
Quote from: ZondaC12;464734
HOLY sheeeit that second one blinded me :rollin:
Yeah seems to be a steady supply out your way...

You don't want the special edition mustard/ketchup Cougar LS?
88 Thunderbird LX: 306, Edelbrock Performer heads, Comp 266HR cam, Edelbrock Performer RPM intake, bunch of other stuff.

Reply #7
I've seen 3 separate Mark VII's in the last few months, one of which belongs to a customer of mine, meanwhile the last fox cat/bird I've seen in the last few years has only been my own...:(

I did find a tbird with a horrible burnt orange paint job on CL the other day though... -which has sadly (or fortunately? lol) been removed recently so I can't post it
--Steve
[thread=28690]1988 Cougar V6[/thread]
2012 F-150 3.7L
2011 Mustang 3.7L

Reply #8
The burnt orange 88 is now white, and lives a comfortable life in a garage in Ocala.