Skip to main content
Topic: Starting fresh (Read 23285 times) previous topic - next topic

Re: Starting fresh

Reply #150
What intake you thinking of going with?
88 Thunderbird LX: 306, Edelbrock Performer heads, Comp 266HR cam, Edelbrock Performer RPM intake, bunch of other stuff.

Reply #151
Trick flow R series like this one

Reply #152
Ah. Probably a good choice. Should run pretty well. I was hoping you were thinking about a Performer RPM level intake minimum.
88 Thunderbird LX: 306, Edelbrock Performer heads, Comp 266HR cam, Edelbrock Performer RPM intake, bunch of other stuff.

Reply #153
Ah. Probably a good choice. Should run pretty well. I was hoping you were thinking about a Performer RPM level intake minimum.

Nah I want outside the box. Something different.

It'll make good power and still keep fairly mild street manners with the fitech kit

Reply #154

It'll make good power and still keep fairly mild street manners with the fitech kit

The R isn't that out of the box, and a good choice with the gearing. I was just hoping you weren't going with a Performer or Stealth intake for the "low RPM torque"  ::)

Reply #155

The R isn't that out of the box, and a good choice with the gearing. I was just hoping you weren't going with a Performer or Stealth intake for the "low RPM torque"  ::)
Yeah. Made that mistake before on other projects

Reply #156
Some demo day progress. Getting closer to yanking the old 302 and aod. I'll get it pulled tuck the wiring clean up the engine bay throw some paint at it and by then it'll be ready for the new combo

Reply #157
Well now the tough stuff is done, time to do some clean up and prep for the new iron and all the goodies I've been stocking up on all summer long.

Reply #158
More prepping and side tracking. Decided today that it would be a good time to swap the doors fenders and all the other nonsense work I had to do before plugging the new drivetrain in. Also tucking the wiring like I did on the old one. Tried out that vht wrinkle finish paint on the air cleaner and valve covers just to see how it looked. And I like it. Looks a lot better than chrome and really old aluminum

Reply #159
I like the progress and thumbs up on the valve covers.

83 351W TKO'd T-Bird on the bottle

93 331 Mustang Coupe - 368 rwhp

Reply #160
I'm getting somewhere now. It should be ready to go in as soon as the bay is ready for it. Still a few small things to do to that area then change the rear main, bolt the t5 and all its glory to the old girl and send it.

Edit: for the record I hate those stupid t-less t-handle valve cover fasteners and they will be going in the garbage can soon.

Reply #161
Looks like it's coming along. Hopefully be able to fire it up soon.

Reply #162
She's in. Just gotta get the transmission in and button up the under side then I can focus on the top side and the hood cause a flat one simply wont work due to a minor clearance issue.

Reply #163
Just slam the hood hard a couple times. It'll close.

:toothless:
Long live the 4-eyes!  - '83 Tbird Turbo

Reply #164
Just slam the hood hard a couple times. It'll close.

:toothless:

.....sooner or later.

Transmission and shifter are in. Clutch cable in and roughly adjusted the firewall adjuster will do the rest I'm sure. I've got to finish up the exhaust, and put the driveshaft in and fill the t5.

Then the work up top can be started on some wiring. That itself will take the longest for me but its a labor of love.