Skip to main content
Topic: Well it's been a year since I bought the Audi.... (Read 831 times) previous topic - next topic

Well it's been a year since I bought the Audi....

Time for something else. :D (if you want to see the new car just scroll to the bottom)

The Audi is nice. I love Wagons. But I needed more in the fun department. After driving the Audi I knew exactly what I wanted in a car. More horsepower (preferrably in V Form), AWD, Manual Transmission, Handling out of the Box, 5-Doors, and good aftermarket support. Being domestic was on that list but I became apparent that I would have to sacrifice a few things on my list to keep it domestic.

The Ford Fusion Sport was nice, but it didn't come in Wagon form or with a man pedal. Man pedal could not be crossed off the list! So no Ford Fusion. The Focus SES had said man pedal, but no 5-door, not a ton of HP, and it was driving the wrong wheels. The RS would of changed my mind though. The Mustang was briefly on the list until I remembered my kid having to sit indian style when anyone was in the front seat. So no Fords for me.

From GM the only thing that interested me was the G8. But again, no man pedal without dropping 40 large for GXP. Which is a shame because I really like that car.

And the only thing that piqued my curiousity from Chrysler was the Caliber SRT-4. 280HP (with a 6-Speed Manny) definitely made me forget about it's looks and the fact that it was driving the wrong wheels. But the more I researched, the more I didn't like what I heard about the suspension. And the price tag was just too steep for doubt about it's handling performance and being FWD and being ugly. Sorry I'm a little shallow. :D

I had almost decided to give up on buying a new car altogether and then I found it. Although I thought for certain my wife would not go for it. But then I was shocked when she told me to give her cousin a call who works at the dealer. And I was even more surprised when she said "hey, let's go take a look at it", even though she was on a tight work schedule.

And after sitting at the dealer for two hours without seeing any numbers besides the low trade-in price for the Audi and our monthly payment (which was decent) we where ready to walk. Then they sold one of the two models left in the lot right on the spot. As we were about to leave out of frustration from the bankers, (I left the building first) my wife followed out with a piece of paper. It was a receipt for a deposit on the car. I wanted to kiss her but I was on the phone. lol.

Seems like she wants this car more than I do. And she can't even drive it yet.

Over the weekend I put the Audi up for sale. This morning I go to work and park in a different spot than normal because someone took my spot and of course when I get out of the car I hear a loud hissing noise. Passenger front tire is deflating before my eyes. WTF! I spent half the morning running around trying to get the lug nuts off because I am missing some special tool from the case. Thank you previous owner! Finally get the wheel off and to the shop, owner fixes me up free of charge. Which pretty much turns my day around.

Get back to the office. Put the wheel on. Thank God that the jack didn't kill me. Eat lunch. Wife tells me they accepted the loan without trading in the Audi or selling it first. Woo-hoo! We head to the dealer, sign some paperwork, pick it up and this is what we came home with.

Enjoy!

2009 WRX (sorry about the py pics... my phone sucks!)

I cannot explain how good it feels to be driving a manual transmission again. :D
2005 Subaru WRX STi|daily driver

Reply #1
anything going to happen with dark thunder? I would really like a newer car. looks cool.
Quote from: jcassity
I honestly dont think you could exceed the cost of a new car buy installing new *stock* parts everywhere in your coug our tbird. Its just plain impossible. You could revamp the entire drivetrain/engine/suspenstion and still come out ahead.
Hooligans! 
1988 Crown Vic wagon. 120K California car. Wifes grocery getter. (junked)
1987 Ford Thunderbird LX. 5.0. s.o., sn-95 t-5 and an f-150 clutch. Driven daily and going strong.
1986 cougar.
lilsammywasapunkrocker@yahoo.com

Reply #2
Sweet!!

Quote from: Haystack;288155
anything going to happen with dark thunder? I would really like a newer car. looks cool.

Yeah, he did the C4C with it lol j/k! :evilgrin:

I'd rock a wagon like that, but my girl hates vans and wagons lol.
'84 Mustang
'98 Explorer 5.0
'03 Focus, dropped a valve seat. yay. freakin' split port engines...
'06 Explorer EB 4.6

Reply #3
Nice choice, I those things are hella fun.

Reply #4
Nice:D
88 Thunderbird LX: 306, Edelbrock Performer heads, Comp 266HR cam, Edelbrock Performer RPM intake, bunch of other stuff.

Reply #5
Quote from: Haystack;288155
anything going to happen with dark thunder?

Trying to turn it into a roller and relocate it. Preferably somewhere up north so I can get my grubby mits on it in my free time. Buying a new car did not help that cause one bit.
2005 Subaru WRX STi|daily driver