Skip to main content
Topic: Anybody got an AOD? (Still Haven't Heard from Frank) (Read 1486 times) previous topic - next topic

Anybody got an AOD? (Still Haven't Heard from Frank)

Well, I'm not sure if too many of you remember the ebay transmissiontech2000 fiasco of last year, but it's still going on.  Basically I ordered a 87 AOD rebuilt with a low gear setup and a transgo kit, torque converter included, $950, and the guys business went under etc etc etc... Long story short its been since september and legally theres nothing left I can do other than wait.  The last time I heard from the guy was 1-24-05 and he said "things are looking up I'm setting up shop and it shouldn't be too much longer."  Well I haven't heard from him since, and I'm growing weary of waiting.  I'm thinking of just spending my new HO engine savings on another tranny because my OD is out and I have a gut feeling my torque converter is gunked up because the shifting sucks.  If I ever get the ebay one, I'll just sell it and get my money back. But, all that aside, like I said, I'm considering just cutting my loses and moving on for now.  I can hardly stand to wait any longer.

So, anybody got a decent AOD they are getting rid of?  Preferably one in decent shape, maybe even rebuilt with a kit in it?
Fly on Thunderbird, Fly! Operation Buy Back My Tbird or one like it funding: $0

Re: Anybody got an AOD?

Reply #1
I've got one, but it's in a car.  I had it replaced about 20,000 miles before other parts started going out and made me decide to part it.  I'm in Iowa, you're in Texas.  Distance is our main problem here.
1987 Thunderbird 3.8. Sold :(

1982 Thunderbird - Goodbye 255, Hello 302!

Reply #2
Thank you very much for the reply. :)  The distance is a bit of a problem...  How many miles are on the tranny, or is it rebuilt?

Reply #3
It had about 30K on it when I got it.  It was from a wrecked Grand Marquis. So it's got about 40 or 50K on it.  Unfortuneately if you really want it, it's probably going to cost more than it's worth to get it removed and shipped.
1987 Thunderbird 3.8. Sold :(

1982 Thunderbird - Goodbye 255, Hello 302!

Reply #4
Ah, ok.  Well thanks anyways man.  Any help is majorly appreciated at this point.

Reply #5
I got a ton of them.  I get a deal through UPS and probably wouldn't be over $100 to ship, but I'd have to check on monday.  I Might even be able to get you one out of a CVPI (crown vic police interceptor) with the federal severe duty package- 6 or 8 clutch packs.  I have one of those transmissions in my '89 Grand marquis.. Absolutelly bullet proof.  Email me if you wanna work something out.

Reply #6
that sux dude..i was wondering what the progress was with your ebay deal. i just gave an aod away last week on here...i would have liked to be able too help you...sorry man. good luck...john
:america: 1988 Thunderbird Sport, Former 4.6 DOHC T56 conversion project.

Rest of the country, Welcome to Massachusettes. Enjoy your stay.

Halfbreed... Mango Orange Y2K Mustang GT
FRPP complete 2000 Cobra engine swap, T56 n' junk...
~John~

Reply #7
Quote from: shame302
that sux dude..i was wondering what the progress was with your ebay deal. i just gave an aod away last week on here...i would have liked to be able too help you...sorry man. good luck...john

It's cool man.  I appreciate the offer just the same.  I've been in touch with Huer and I just might have found exactly what I'm looking for. :)

Reply #9
Quote from: (SAS)Huer
I got a ton of them.  I get a deal through UPS and probably wouldn't be over $100 to ship, but I'd have to check on monday.  I Might even be able to get you one out of a CVPI (crown vic police interceptor) with the federal severe duty package- 6 or 8 clutch packs.  I have one of those transmissions in my '89 Grand marquis.. Absolutelly bullet proof.  Email me if you wanna work something out.

Just wanted to say thanks for that offer, and I'm still keeping it in mind.  I'm rather strapped for cash right now so I 'm still waiting it out.

Message From Transtech2000 (frank)

Reply #10
Hi matt this is frank the aod deal from last year , first let me make it clear ebay shut us down without reason , paypal where all our moneywas kept took it all and left us with nothing , however i have been building trannys and sending them to people that had orders as rapidly as possible , and still am 15 to date , If you still need that aod contact me at transmissiontech2000@yahoo.com there never was any scam but if you want and idea of things like this that happen check out paypalsucks.com and or ebaysucks.comand read other peoples horror stories , we were a good company with good feedback offering a great product as our feedback showed and we were ruined by ebay , there eason was that we had three complaints of fraud we contacted each of the people who allready had there trannys and were happy and they had no clue and even contacted ebay themselves to no avail please conatct me if you still need or want it and or if you want a refund its quicker to get a tranny refunds ae second on list
thank you

Reply #11
Woa, fancy seeing you here!  I've been waiting to email you back since you last sent me an email a few weeks ago.  I have to admit I've had my share of worries and doubts about this whole thing, but I'm hanging in there waiting it out because I need that transmission.  Your emails lately haven't been too descriptive, is there anyway you can give me a good idea of when i will have it?  You told me about a month and a half or so ago it would be within 2 weeks, and then a few weeks ago it should be within a week.  I just want to know whats really going on.  I have no problem being patient, I'd just like to stay informed.

Reply #12
I've sent 4 emails in 3 weeks and still no reply... this is getting really old.

Reply #13
i got 2, but im across the country and im sure shipping would be insiane. did you try any junkyards?

Reply #14
Matt,
If your into rebuilding your AOD, I have a new rebuild kit. I ordered one a while back to rebuild my trans in Bird, they sent me 2 kits and told me just to keep it. I'll let you have it for shipping cost.
Terry
Medford, Oregon