Skip to main content
Topic: ThunderCat day 2013 - July 6th! (Read 12070 times) previous topic - next topic

ThunderCat day 2013 - July 6th!

Reply #30
Quote from: CougarSE;415659
I'm going to do my very best to be there this year. Have to wake the car up from a 2 year nap and swap the transmission.  Stupid question, are you guys staying Friday/Saturday or Saturday/Sunday?
Be there, or be square!!!

I'm staying Friday/Saturday night. Probably get in late-ish Friday evening. Leave Sunday morning after a group breakfast and take the scenic route back.

Reply #32
The trans is coming out of the Bird tomorrow night to diagnose a severe oil leak.  If its a simple fix, I'll be there with the car, if not, I'll be there with 'a' car...

Reply #33
*crosses fingers*

Hope the R&R and diag go smoothly
gumby - beauty may fade, but stupid is forever!

Reply #34
Head gaskets and timing gasket for the T-bird this weekend! Time is flying by

Reply #35
Quote from: gumby;416985
*crosses fingers*

Hope the R&R and diag go smoothly

Thanks Chris!  There are a lot of good things on how this new combination has turned out, lots of previous irritations have been addressed  This seems to be the last hurdle which is significant.  I'm confident it'll be fixed, the wild cards are:  What is it & how long will it take!

Reply #36
Quote from: JeremyB;416987
Head gaskets and timing gasket for the T-bird this weekend! Time is flying by

That's a bit of work.  Thankfully there is no fabrication to deal with.  Hope goes smoothly!

Reply #37
Yes, a simple HG and timing chain is waaay easier than your project. Hope to see your 'bird in KY. :D I want to make a point to ride in people's car this year to broaden my horizons!

Reply #38
The trans is out.  It's the pan gasket, so the engine has to come out to address it properly.  Getting it out isn't an issue, the reinstall can be a time killer!

Reply #39
Mark , You can do it....only because we know you can friend. :burnout:

Reply #40
Dam missed it again

Reply #41
Quote from: pegasus;417513
Dam missed it again
This year's event is on July 6th 2013 friend. :rollin:

Reply #42
I've finally made reservations today.  We'll see if the Thunderbird will make the journey by the end of the week.

Reply #43
Made my reservations too. Asked them why it shows as sold out on the website. They said the manager did so to make it easier on the front desk during the busy time of the year. I wonder how many people look online and just go to the next option (like I did two years ago ;))

Reply #44
Weather is still hard to predict this far out but here is the website I've been going by here lately for our gathering in Owensboro,Ky folks. :america:

http://www.accuweather.com/en/us/owensboro-ky/42303/july-weather/735?monyr=7/1/2013