Skip to main content
Topic: ThunderCat day 2013 - July 6th! (Read 12082 times) previous topic - next topic

ThunderCat day 2013 - July 6th!

We are gonna get together and do it again this year!

There will be an open dyno day at Greg's(5.8fastcat) shop on July 6, 2013. This means there will be plenty of local rides for everyone to check out and watch spin the rollers.
If you plan to hit the dyno, lets us know ASAP so we can ensure every Thundercat has a slot in the schedule!

Speedy Discount ler & Dyno Shop
2121 Triplett St.
Owensboro, Ky 42303
Ph# (270) 685-0337
http://www.speedydyno.com/

The dyno day will start early and wrap up around noonish. The cost for 1 pull is $40 or you can get 3 for $75. Food will be on the grill for lunch.
After the dyno day, FTBCF attendees will be hanging out for the afternoon then we will venture to a local cruise-in for the evening.

For anyone planning travel days around Saturday's festivities, the local Days Inn has been the hotel of choice for our group. Rooms are clean, rates are reasonable, they have a pool, and no one has bothered us hangin out in the parking lot at late hours in the night.

Days Inn
3720 New Hartford Rd
Owensboro, Ky 42303
Ph# (270) 684-9621

Hope you guys can make it out! :roxor:

gumby - beauty may fade, but stupid is forever!

Reply #1
Good to hear Chris, I will be there Saturday morning again and hopefully Mark can bring his t-bird this year. :headbang:

[SIZE="5"]Days Inn is giving those who stay at this Hotel a $24 discount per night for saying your are with the ThunderCat Group which will be at $75 +tax[/SIZE] regular rate is $99 Fri & Sat

Reply #2
Good to hear.
Hopefully I can make it this year. (unless my work schedule changes for the worst)

I'm anxious to get the NHRA Stock Eliminator '86 Turbo Coupe I bought in Dec. on the dyno. Marty Buth set 9 national records (combined between IHRA and NHRA) with that car.
I'll be trying for records # 10 and 11 for the car @ the NHRA National Open in Bowling Green, KY in late May. (insert smiley face here)

Alan Mackin--Semi Professional Ford der
83 T-Bird 460
83 T-Bird Heritage 5.0
84 T-Bird 5.0
86 T-Bird Turbo Coupe NHRA Stocker & Super Stocker
87 T-Bird Turbo Coupe
88 Bronco II Drag truck 302
95 Mustang GT auto
2004 F-350 CC Dually V-10

Reply #3
Dan, thanks for that! Called and had my reservation updated.

Alan, I hope you can make it. I'd like to see another one of Marty's cars. I got to see his Mustang at Gateway last year with the TurboFord meet.

Reply #4
Quote from: gumby;412597
Dan, thanks for that! Called and had my reservation updated.

Alan, I hope you can make it. I'd like to see another one of Marty's cars. I got to see his Mustang at Gateway last year with the TurboFord meet.

Would you believe that with only adding a roll bar to Marty's T-Bird it can legally run NHRA Super Stock ?
 I couldn't believe it when I ran the numbers.
Neat...so my plan for next year after I add the roll bar is to run SS in complete Stock Eliminator trim.

What's even more shocking to me is that that TC has the original upper and lower 1986 rear control arms and quad shocks still on it.
Also has stock front struts and springs.
 Wow...and it lifts the left front tire.

Alan Mackin--Semi Professional Ford der
83 T-Bird 460
83 T-Bird Heritage 5.0
84 T-Bird 5.0
86 T-Bird Turbo Coupe NHRA Stocker & Super Stocker
87 T-Bird Turbo Coupe
88 Bronco II Drag truck 302
95 Mustang GT auto
2004 F-350 CC Dually V-10

Reply #5
I would like to have my car roadworthy by then to attend this year!  Good goal to work towards, I would love to be surrounded by other birds and cats from the blue oval family.

Reply #6
Quote from: mercury-man;412405
Good to hear Chris, I will be there Saturday morning again and [SIZE="5"]Days Inn is giving those who stay at this Hotel a $24 discount per night for saying your are with the ThunderCat Group which will be at $75 +tax[/SIZE] regular rate is $99 Fri & Sat

Dan,

Thanks for following though on the getting us a discounted rate a the Days Inn again!

For those who aren't familiar; this will be the Third Year for our gathering.  It would be great to have a few new cars & faces this year.

Quote from: mercury-man;412405
hopefully Mark can bring his t-bird this year. :headbang:

Working on it!  Right now the punch list has 17 items.  Lots of great work has been done, but things get done slow, when most everything takes three times to get it right!

Mark

Reply #7
Quote from: 86T-bird;412851
...this will be the Third Year for our gathering....

4th year!

Reply #8
Quote from: gumby;412899
4th year!

I must have missed one!  Yeah, now I remember.  That was the begining of the end for one of my staff.  I was not happy about cancelling!

Reply #9
Julie, Ray and I will be there. Right now the plan is to bring the 30th Anniversary Cougar.
"1FSTCAT" - 87 Mercury Cougar XR7, 5 Speed, Powerdyne Supercharger.

"NTRCPTR" - 91 Crown Vic Police Interceptor - 460 POWERED. 14.15 @ 97 MPH, untuned.

Reply #10
I bought another  Fox Cat  but you will have to show up to see what it is

and with any luck the Turbo cat will be under her own power by then.  Might even put her on the dyno

SCT Tuned by Me(Greg@SpeedyDyno.com)

E.T. 10.28 @ 136.5 MPH 1/4 mile: List of Mods; 351 EFI, AFR heads,AOD,Rousch 13in frt brakes,11in rear brakes, AirRide Tech air ride system, Sub frame connetors,2400 RPM stall, 3.50,BBK shorties,T62PT Turbos  air to air intercooled, Home built kit.
Car weights 3705lbs without driver:burnout:

Reply #11
Quote from: 5.8fastcat;413167
I bought another  Fox Cat  but you will have to show up to see what it is

and with any luck the Turbo cat will be under her own power by then.  Might even put her on the dyno

Seeing the turbo car on the rollers would be worth the trip just by itself!

Reply #13
Thanks for posting the pic again

SCT Tuned by Me(Greg@SpeedyDyno.com)

E.T. 10.28 @ 136.5 MPH 1/4 mile: List of Mods; 351 EFI, AFR heads,AOD,Rousch 13in frt brakes,11in rear brakes, AirRide Tech air ride system, Sub frame connetors,2400 RPM stall, 3.50,BBK shorties,T62PT Turbos  air to air intercooled, Home built kit.
Car weights 3705lbs without driver:burnout:

Reply #14
Possible road trip....

Who doesn't like foxtbird/cougars :-)

Travis